Because The Mint is so new and has few reviews, I feel a responsibility to write a thorough review.
The Mint Hotel is newly constructed; located a 5 minute walk from the central tram station. And another 10 minute walk from the main activity areas of Amsterdam.
The corridors to the rooms are long & narrow. There are almost 100 rooms per floor. The rooms and bathrooms are tiny but efficient. In general, the rooms, bathrooms, and hotel spaces are very clean.
If you are looking at the most basic room, expect about 4 inches separation between the end of the bed and the wall. The beds are close to the ground and the sheets are rough. A huge plus is the the free wifi throughout the hotel and a free to use Mac in your room. It doubles as your TV screen and general information center. I read a review that said the Mac was difficult to use. I found it user friendly.
Breakfast was included in my room rate. The variety of food provided was appropriate. Not lavish.
1. Upon check-in the reception person was providing a lesser grade room than what we'd paid for and then said breakfast was not included. After my correcting, they reassigned the room and included breakfast.
2. Breakfast Area: The hotel needs a bigger area to accommodate the breakfast items, more staff, and fix the load slamming door staff goes in & out every 5 seconds.
3. Guest Services desk needs more than 2 people to man it. There are simply too many guests needing help at any particular time. Additionally, the Guest Service personnel need more training or experience.
4. On our last day, housekeeping never made it to our room. Beds were never made and had use our towels from the previous day. Also, room service trays are frequently left 24 hours in the hallway.
The Mint has potential, I hope they get their act together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right next to Central Station and within the historic city centre, is the impressive, newly-built DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station. The rooms and suites at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station feature a variety of facilities to make your stay as comfortable as possible such as individually controlled air conditioning, windows that open, and an iMac system which functions both as a TV and computer. High-speed internet access and Wi-Fi is also available free of charge throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Nozio Netplan srl, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Hilton EMEA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.