“A central location, friendly helpful staff,and clean.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #60 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I arrived in Amsterdam in July without any hotel reservations, and was very happy to find the Mint Hotel. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and modern. There is free wi-fi in the room and an Apple computer/tv was very helpful to have without having to pay for additional computer time. Since I travel with a small budget, I went out to breakfast instead of going to the hotel's restaurant which was out of my budget. My room faced the railroad track but the noise was never a problem, and I am a light sleeper. Walked to the train station, less than a five minutes away, and took the train to the airport. The location is great and walked everywhere. I would go back to this hotel when back in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
MintAmsterdam, Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your kind words with us on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy you enjoyed the hotel so much and everything it has to offer such as the location and the iMac with free WiFi in every room. More so am I very pleased to learn that our staff was able to contribute to your pleasant stay and helped you in a friendly and helpful matter.

One more time, on behlaf of the entire Mint team tank you very much for your kind words and for recommending us. We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future at mint Hotel Amsterdam.

Kind regards,
Daphne Diender
Sales &Marketing
Mint Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 23 September 2011

The Mint Hotel is very well located - just a few minutes walk from the main train and tram station. The room we got overlooked the city and was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside we faced was at breakfast time. We opted to eat at the hotel. The service was slow and shoddy. Apart from that our stay at the hotel was good... perfect for the 4 days were there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Really excellent stay. Big room. All amenities one could want. Extremely efficient and helpful and friendly staff. Great location. Skylounge is amazing. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Totally regret staying here.. we thought we'd pay more for a (what seemed like) a more up-market, comfortable hotel... well!! We had to wait ages to check in.. I get that.. Then we gave our card payment details etc and left our luggage so we could come back later when our room was ready. When we came back later on it took at least 15 mins to see us and get our luggage.. Also they had to book us in again and also asked for card details etc again!! So we explained that we had done all this before so it must be on their system and if not then where?!? Anyway, the first time we booked in we (two couples) were offered adjoining rooms to which we accepted and was pleased about however our rooms ended up being on the complete opposite side of the hotel!! No apologys off the rude staff..

Me and my partner were pleased with our room even though we had hand lotion in the bathroom and that was it.. Also we didn't have a double bed!! Just two singles pushed together. We had a good view over the river though..

My brothers room was awful though!! Just one window (we had 3) and it over looked train tracks!! Same thing with the single beds pushed together. Also weird thing is he had all the toiletries why didn't we?!? He had shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc!!

It was in a good location.. (ish) and the food was quite nice but that's it!!! For the money we paid we could of gone to a much nicer hotel, maybe even grand nh rather than the awfully over priced Mint hotel!! Never again!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in September, 2011. Hotel is ok, easy to spot from the train station and just a short walk. Very convenient due to its location near every tram in Amsterdam. Room is kind of small, but adequate. Bathroom is ok but they should give larger bars of soap. Not too many amenities but it doesn't claim to be the Four Seasons. All in all, a good convenient hotel, perfect for business or tourists. I'd stay there again.

I upgraded to a Club room on the 10th floor. Mistake. Their 11th floor has a disco and the party ends at 2 AM. The noise was horrible with loud bad music and a DJ with a microphone. After the party ended, I had to listen to chairs being dragged along the wooden floor. Of course, I complained. The night duty manager that I spoke to was not very customer service oriented. His response to my complaint was absurd and totally unprofessional and I hope that senior management sits him down for a talking to. He was totally incompetent and instead of making me feel a little better, he just made me angrier. But the next morning, when I spoke to the front desk about the previous night's unpleasant events, they admitted that they had many complaints, that the party was a mistake and they credited that nights lodging and adjusted my bill immediately. The front desk ladies were very apologetic and customer service oriented and I left feeling good about the Mint Hotel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't go for the upgrade on a weekend. I actually was told that there is no difference between...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Siam-Orchids
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I was initially put off this hotel due to proximity to the train station, and although it isn't the most salubrious area I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

Very comfortable and spacious rooms, clean and new. Free Wifi throughout (hurrah!) and good value and reasonably healthy in-room dining options for those nights where you have to work late. I really enjoyed the smoked haddock fish cakes. Continental breakfast is very reasonable when compared to other Amsterdam hotels.

Very friendly reception staff.

Visit the Sky Lounge on the 11th floor for stunning views over Amsterdam. My room was very quiet on the 4th floor overlooking the square (as opposed to the station side - I can see how overlooking the station may be noisy).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Good location, except when you try to get there by car which is nearly impossible. Rooms are adequate if you take care to ask for a room NOT FACING THE RAILWAY TRACKS because in those you will not be able to sleep. There are no bathtubs, just showers and a little cramped at that. Don't pay too much.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends