DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
US$350
Hotels.com
US$375
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$177
ibis
  • Restaurant
Hotel The Exchange(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$190
Agoda.com
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$206
US$294
US$234
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$469
US$334
  • Room Service
7,486 results
All reviewssky loungethe executive loungedouble treewarm cookiesapple tvgreat locationrooftop barguest servicestrain trackscity viewfloor to ceiling windowstop floormodern hotelriver cruiseexcellent hotelamsterdam centraalearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2011

good clean hotel and very modern but lacking character
free wi fi is a bonus
good location

booking in is a pain as it takes to long

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jeans-r-us
MintAmsterdam, Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor and sharing your recent experiences with us. We highly appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to read that the location and the free WiFi were convenient for you and that you thought the rooms were clean as hygiene and cleanliness are a very important feature for us.

However, I am sorry to hear we still lacked on some character and that the check in took too long. We are currently looking into our check in and out procedures in order to improve. Thank you very much for pointing this out to us.

On behalf of the Mint team thank you very much for staying with us and we truly hope we have the pelasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam.

With kind regards,

Daphne Diender
Sales & Marketing
Mint Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 3 November 2011

4 stars? really? In this case, 4 stars mean they have found fancy ways of stealing your money. Very expensive minibar (4,5 euro for half a litter of water, are you completely insane ?).
The room is very small, the bathroom also and it doesn’t even have a bath tub, the TV is very small since it’s an imac, the wireless internet is not working (business travelers, avoid this place).
All together, I cannot find anything positive about this place; the IBIS next door is better and cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Leodium
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I booked this hotel for a one night stay as a surprise weekend away for my girlfriends 21st birthday. I booked my room about 3 weeks prior to our stay, and chose this hotel for a number of reasons:
- I have been to Amsterdam twice before and knew this hotels location is brilliant.
- it looks spectacular
- very fairly priced for quality/location.

I emailed the hotel a week or so before our stay and requested that we had a room on a higher floor and over looking the city, I also asked that as it was my girlfriends 21st, could they put some rose petals and chocolates on the bed for her.
They emailed back and said they would do what they can regarding the room, as it was fully booked. They also said the rose petals, chocolates etc is fine obviously at a charge - but this is expected.

The email communication was fast and very efficient, I felt cared for and like my needs had been met.

We knew we couldn't check in until 3pm, but turned up at 09:00 due to an early flight and asked if we could leave our bags in the luggage room until check in, so we could explore the city without our cases. We were told our room was all ready for us and we could check in!
The girl who checked us in was extremely polite, friendly and chatty. She noticed my emails and wished my girlfriend a happy birthday which was a nice touch. She also had put us on floor 8, in a city facing room - it was stunning.
Our room was big, light and very welcoming. We had two huge floor to ceiling windows which provided a breath taking view of Amsterdam.
There was also a bowl of fruit and some water for us, an iMac computer system, safe, minibar and everything you expect from a decent hotel.
However; I noticed that the rose petals and chocolates I'd ordered, we're not there! I quickly emailed reception, then went out to see the sights.
We had a lovely day in the city and on arrival back to our room, we were overwhelmed to see that my email had been answered. They'd come in to our room and left a card apologising for the petals, and left some chocolates and a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket for us to enjoy as an apology.
Certainly know how to make guests feel looked after, this was a wonderful gesture.

We went for a drink in the sky lounge and again found the staff extremely friendly and polite.

Retiring to the room around 11pm, we had a restful night in an extremely comfortable bed. The big windows, which are about 2 inches thick also, block all outside noise.

When we checked out the next morning we found the staff very helpful and they offered to look after our bags until we needed to get the train. The whole experience was one I wish every hotel stay was like.

I really can not understand the few bad reviews people have left, all I can think is they have other issues, like complaining about a bed! I found the bed comfortable, but it is a personal preference - not the hotels fault.
I also can not believe someone who said their staff were rude, every single member of staff we spoke to we're extremely polite and friendly.

I fully recommend this hotel, it is perfect. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank Rich M
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here a month back for a friends wedding. Hotel has very smart rooms, everything one needs there. Didnt try the food, but location was very close to the train station and in general was a good experience for the price paid. Staff was a bit slow with advice or maybe just got the wrong person. Its a bit of a walk to the center, but perfect for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TalleyrandNYC
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great Hotel, Great Location next to Central Station. Friendly staff, Would definatley return Next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JAYLAURA30
MintAmsterdam, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was with great pleasure to read that you had such a Great stay with us at Mint Hotel Amsterdam! I have naturally passed on your kind words to the enitre team.

We are honored that you will defenitely be returning to Mint Hotel Amsterdam next year, we are looking forward welcoming you back again.

Thank you very much for your great review!

With kind regards,