“What a lovely hotel”

Ranked #57 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Hastings, United Kingdom
“What a lovely hotel”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

What a lovely hotel,very modern and friendly staff.
We didn't eat in the hotel only as its very central we wanted to savour the delights of lots of eating places
The room we had was clean and tidy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
MintAmsterdam, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for you great review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor!
I have shared your kind words with the entire Mint Team and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Mint Hotel Amsterdam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,546)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Excellent location 2 mins from train station. Ask for room overlooking the city and the swans! Lovely stylish rooms with imac for TV/computer. I only discovered the kettle & tea/coffee the morning when we left as it's tucked away in a deep drawer. I will return!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a city view. 5th floor was great
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MinMallorca
Reviewed 12 November 2011

good place, very near to the amsterdam centraal station.
new hotel with Imac entertainment system in every room.

Room Tip: ask rooms on the city center side, dont face to the railway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Murray, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stayed at the Mint and loved it. I love how close it is to everything. It is right across from the train station and right on the water. What more could you ask for? The hotel's rooms are great. Each room has an I-Mac. We had a view of the Canal. It was perfect and clean. The staff were very helpful. We plan to stay here again when we visit in April. I can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Canal View
1 Thank Elizabeth M
MintAmsterdam, Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your great review on Tripadvisor!

i am very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are already looking forward welcoming you back in April!

If there is anything I can assist you with for your next stay please let me know.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Right next to Central Station and all the activity of Amsterdam! Brand new with all the ammenities you'd expect plus an IMac! wow! Wifi also in the room. Our room overlooked the train tracks, but that was ok, the rooms are well sound-proofed! And they rent bikes for 15 euros/day...that was really fun!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soupysales_11
Dear Guest,

it was with great pleasure to learn about your positive review on Tripadvisor. Thank you very much for sharing your great experiences with us, we highly appreciate it.

I am very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and all facilities we have to offer such as the iMac system. It is also great to hear that you have been able to make use of our great city bikes tso you can also enjy the city of Amsterdam and everything it has to offer.

I truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Me and my wife were on our honey moon, a friend of our recommended this hotel to us. Excellent location , walking distance from the Amsterdam railway station. staff is very help full and friendly. Rooms are nice and comfortable.

1 Thank Siddharthmurgai
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Although it is a very new hotel, the room have ugly furniture, very small bathrooms. The worse was that I was freezing; they do not have central heating and the air conditioning was fixed to get a maximum temperature of maximum 20 degrees Celsius. The housekeeper did not replace the shampoo and the other used products.
they also wanted to charge me twice for the room. The room was paid by the agency but when I checked-out they asked me to pay once again
also my colleagues at the lower floors could not sleep at all because of the noise from the trains (the central railway station is just behind the hotel)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
MintAmsterdam, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review at Tripadvisor in which you share your experiences during your recent stay at Mint Hotel Amsterdam. We very much appreciate your feedback as it´s obviously gives us the opportunity to improve our levels of service in any way possible.

I was very concerned reading your review and I would like to let you know that we are taking your comments very seriously.

I would like to offer you my sincere apolgies for all inconveniences suffered and especially for the heating in your room. The temperature in the room can go up to 24 degrees celcius. I would like to inform you that after reading your review we have immediately bought a couple of portable heaters to put in the room upon request.

With regards to the double charge, i am very sorry this has happened to you upon check out. I would like to verify with you if everything is ok and nothing has been double charged?! Please let me know directly if I can be of any assistance for you.

Dear Sir/Madam, one more time please accept our sincere apologies. May I be so kind to ask you to send me an email directly to amsterdam.reservations@minthotel.com as I would like to send you something as a token of our concern.

We do hope that despite your recent experiences you will return to Mint Hotel in the future. You will see at that time that the above were single incidents and not representative for the way we normally serve our valued guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or should I be able to be of any service.

Caroline Receveur