“very good modern hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #61 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The Mint Hotel has now become my no.1 choice in the city as it's modern, clean, well appointed, in a good location and reasonably priced.

Over the past 3 months I have stayed their 3 times and always had good service at reception and in the restaurant.

My last stay saw me upgraded to a club room, which is the same as the standard, but on a higher floor and with views of the city. Whilst this was great, it also meant I was woken by the building site next door.

If parking at the hotel you need to use the underground entrance at the opposite site of the building site to the hotel! I spent an hour and a half discovering this and lost a wing mirror!

The Sky bar is pretty cool, with great views. Some of the staff are a little snooty though....

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would use again.

Room Tip: A room away from the building site next door.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just returned from a long weekend at the Mint Hotel, Amsterdam. This is the best hotel in Amsterdam I have stayed in. (I have stayed in everything from Budget to 5 star). Everything is clean, the room was excellent. We stayed in A Club Balcony room. The view was fantastic. It is very close to central station and the staff were very helpfull and friendly. I loved the sky lounge.
I will definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony and city centre view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Natasha J
MintAmsterdam, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much your positive review and taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor.

I am more then happy to learn that the hotels´ location has been such a convenience for you and that you have enjoyed the room you were in with the beautifull views.
With regards to the helpful and friendly staff, I have shared your kind words with the entire Team!

On behalf of the Mint Team I would like to thank you one more time and we are looking forward to your return to the Mint Hotel Amsterdam.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We chose the MINT because it was only 400 metres from both the Central Railway Station and the berth for the Rhine river cruise ship we would board after our three day stay at the MINT. The MINT is a big, modern hotel with a very good restaurant. Our room was large, minimalist and spotless but sadly, our large window only provided a view of a wall that was just metres away. The hotel was close to a tram line hub and, with the advice of the concierge, we found trams an easy way of getting around the city. Memo to staff: many North Americans prefer real coffee and a coffee maker in their room rather than a kettle and a package of instant coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor, I hghly appreciate it.

It was my pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of the hotels´ location which was an easy way of getting around the city.
I am sorry for the room allocation with the view to the wall. Perhaps next time we can arrange a better city view for you.

With regards to the coffee suggestion, first of all thank you very much! We highly appreciate all feedback and suggestions as it allows us to improve our product and services. We do however provide coffee makers in the suites. But I will defenitely take up on your suggestion of placing a coffee maker in all rooms.

On behalf of the Mint Team, thank you very much again and we truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

What a lovely hotel,very modern and friendly staff.
We didn't eat in the hotel only as its very central we wanted to savour the delights of lots of eating places
The room we had was clean and tidy.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for you great review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor!
I have shared your kind words with the entire Mint Team and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Excellent location 2 mins from train station. Ask for room overlooking the city and the swans! Lovely stylish rooms with imac for TV/computer. I only discovered the kettle & tea/coffee the morning when we left as it's tucked away in a deep drawer. I will return!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a city view. 5th floor was great
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MinMallorca
Reviewed 12 November 2011

good place, very near to the amsterdam centraal station.
new hotel with Imac entertainment system in every room.

Room Tip: ask rooms on the city center side, dont face to the railway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stayed at the Mint and loved it. I love how close it is to everything. It is right across from the train station and right on the water. What more could you ask for? The hotel's rooms are great. Each room has an I-Mac. We had a view of the Canal. It was perfect and clean. The staff were very helpful. We plan to stay here again when we visit in April. I can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Canal View
1  Thank Elizabeth M
MintAmsterdam, Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your great review on Tripadvisor!

i am very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are already looking forward welcoming you back in April!

If there is anything I can assist you with for your next stay please let me know.