“Excellent 5* quality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent 5* quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel exceeded our expectations! We were visiting Amsterdam for the weekend (19/11) but only stayed the one night with breakfast. The rooms are very airy and spacious, modern and amazing views overlooking the canal and city. The staff are very friendly and provided a good service during our stay.

The breakfast is well recommended, you have a choice of either continental, English or both! And can eat all you want- it was delicious and so much variety available. We shall certainly return again when we visit Amsterdam. Our friends stayed in another hotel and were very disappointed with theirs. This hotel is right next to the train station so easy to find and not that far from the centre really. A perfect choice for us by far!

Room Tip: Ask for a 'city view' room, otherwise you will get a room overlooking the train station and...
3 Thank TERRY5NFFC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,475)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Impressed so far! Checked in earlier today for a 4 night stay. Having stayed in many hotels in Amsterdam I must say this tops them all! Despite previous reviews, I found the check in process to be very efficient, with a warm welcome and helpful face! Guest service staff also very helpful. The room itself is well presented, and benefits greatly by the forward thinking approach to design and technology. The addition of the IMac is fantastic, wifi fast and mobile phone reception excellent. Services such as exterior window blinds make for thoughtful approach to room privacy on lower level floors (3rd floor room) and ice machines in lobby's very useful. Only downside, is that despite emailing the hotel prior to my arrival to request a smoking room, this was not allocated, however after contacting reception I was advised they could offer me a room change tomorrow, for my remaining three nights. I'm off to sample the food and drip cocktails available in the Skylounge bar, and will review this and the other hotel facilities upon checkout when i have returned home! So far, very positive experience.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Dhxdh
MintAmsterdam, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

what great to see that you have already took the time to share your experiences at Mint Hotel Amsterdam so far. Thank you very much!

I am very happy that you are so impressed by the hotel and the staff so far! I am glad you are able to enjoy all facilities the hotel has to offer.

I am very sorry though that we have not been able to allocate you to a smoking room after request. I hope you enjoy your new room you have been allocated today and that the food and the SkyLounge have been just as impressive as you stay has been so far.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance during the remaining time of your stay or after your stay. Enjoy your last night at Mint Hotel Amsterdam and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future and the coreect (smoking) room!

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Spent 5 days holiday here with a room with a view of canal and swans from the 6th floor. Good facilities and helpful staff. Got a good deal by phoning direct the day before and beating the late booking sites for cost. Ideal location for seeing Amsterdam as near trams, trains and boats. Found some super dining places using Rough Guide to Amsterdam borrowed from hotel library. Room was very well soundproofed and could not hear any other guests or much outside noise. Great iMac system wher we watched UK tv and also used iPlayer to catch up on missed programmes. Also Skyped friends in Australia via the iMac. Wifi also good with a measured speed of 4Mbps download and upload.

Room Tip: Ask for canal view and high up.
2 Thank chcharlie
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you took the time to share your kind words with us.

It was my pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the hotel so much and everything it has to offer such as the library, the iMac sustem with free WiFi and the room you were allocated.
I was even more happy that the staff has been very helpfull and contributed to your stay. Naturally I have shared your kind words with the entire team.

Once again, on behalf of the entire Mint team, thank you very much. We truly hope we have the pelasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

With Kind regards,

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

The Mint Hotel has now become my no.1 choice in the city as it's modern, clean, well appointed, in a good location and reasonably priced.

Over the past 3 months I have stayed their 3 times and always had good service at reception and in the restaurant.

My last stay saw me upgraded to a club room, which is the same as the standard, but on a higher floor and with views of the city. Whilst this was great, it also meant I was woken by the building site next door.

If parking at the hotel you need to use the underground entrance at the opposite site of the building site to the hotel! I spent an hour and a half discovering this and lost a wing mirror!

The Sky bar is pretty cool, with great views. Some of the staff are a little snooty though....

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would use again.

Room Tip: A room away from the building site next door.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just returned from a long weekend at the Mint Hotel, Amsterdam. This is the best hotel in Amsterdam I have stayed in. (I have stayed in everything from Budget to 5 star). Everything is clean, the room was excellent. We stayed in A Club Balcony room. The view was fantastic. It is very close to central station and the staff were very helpfull and friendly. I loved the sky lounge.
I will definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony and city centre view.
4 Thank Natasha J
Dear Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much your positive review and taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor.

I am more then happy to learn that the hotels´ location has been such a convenience for you and that you have enjoyed the room you were in with the beautifull views.
With regards to the helpful and friendly staff, I have shared your kind words with the entire Team!

On behalf of the Mint Team I would like to thank you one more time and we are looking forward to your return to the Mint Hotel Amsterdam.

St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

We chose the MINT because it was only 400 metres from both the Central Railway Station and the berth for the Rhine river cruise ship we would board after our three day stay at the MINT. The MINT is a big, modern hotel with a very good restaurant. Our room was large, minimalist and spotless but sadly, our large window only provided a view of a wall that was just metres away. The hotel was close to a tram line hub and, with the advice of the concierge, we found trams an easy way of getting around the city. Memo to staff: many North Americans prefer real coffee and a coffee maker in their room rather than a kettle and a package of instant coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor, I hghly appreciate it.

It was my pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of the hotels´ location which was an easy way of getting around the city.
I am sorry for the room allocation with the view to the wall. Perhaps next time we can arrange a better city view for you.

With regards to the coffee suggestion, first of all thank you very much! We highly appreciate all feedback and suggestions as it allows us to improve our product and services. We do however provide coffee makers in the suites. But I will defenitely take up on your suggestion of placing a coffee maker in all rooms.

On behalf of the Mint Team, thank you very much again and we truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

What a lovely hotel,very modern and friendly staff.
We didn't eat in the hotel only as its very central we wanted to savour the delights of lots of eating places
The room we had was clean and tidy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for you great review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor!
I have shared your kind words with the entire Mint Team and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.