“Love it! Excellent staff too! Oh, and chocolate chip cookies!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #62 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The friendly reception desk gave us an upgraded room after I requested a room with city view. Maybe my Silver level membership with Hilton Honors helped. The room had an iMac that provided internet access as well as TV and music. There were bath robes and slippers, and the room included a mini bar, though just the basics, beer, soda and snacks. Finally, a European bathroom where water does not spill from shower to the floor! No tub, but shower had a door. It is ideally situated next to Centraal Station. We just walked to most sites. You'll only need the tram if going to the museums, if you don't want to walk. The chocolate chip cookies are still warm when they give it to you upon checkin. I LOVE THIS HOTEL! Only thing is it is above rail tracks, so sometimes you hear the trains rolling, though it wasn't often.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your most psoitive review on TripAdvisor. I highly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the room you were allocated in with a comfortable bathroom and all facilities it has to offer such as an iMac and free wireless internet. All rooms contain a gerat power shower and the suites provide a bathtub.
It's great that the location was such a convenience for you with all attractions within walking distance or tram.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you very much for your kind words and your recommendations. We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. The warm Chocolate Chip cookie is waiting for you!

Yours sincerely,

Caroline Receveur

Write a ReviewReviews (7,311)

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have stayed at over 8 hotels in central Amsterdam including Radisson Blu, NH Schiller, Park Plaza Victoria, Grand Amrath and Crowne Plaza and this one by far is the most impressive. It used to be the Mint hotel until a fee months ago when it became the Doubletree.

A few minutes walk from Central Station, and Dam Square, the hotel offers free wifi, a iMac in your room, great 24 hour room service and a generous fitness center.

The rooms are fresh and immaculately annointed with modern fixtures and has a clean layout. The use of space is admirable.

I can't commend Hilton enough for maintaining this hotel and its standards since taking over.

I think I've found my home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Faisal L

Dear Guest,

We are honored to hear that you have found your 'home away from home'. I highly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

I am pleased to read that the location of the hotel was benificial for you, with the train station right next to the hotel and walking distance from the heart of Amsterdam.
Furthermore I am happy you enjoyed the room you were allocated in with all facilities offered such as an iMac and free wireless internet connection.

Thank you for your recommendations and we are truly looking forward welcoming you back again in the near future.

General manager

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I always visit the Doubletree when in Amsterdam. Its high standard of facilities, room and staff help me recharge after a long working day. Rooms are new, neat and clean. The Apple pc in every room is a perk, it operates as tv or computer or internet terminal, a pleasure to see and use. The rooftop lounge provides a fantastic view of Amsterdam. Breakfast is very good and helps kick-start my day. And the most beloved af its customes, the hot cookie you receive upon check-in. I absolutely love it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It iss always great to see our valuable guests return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station. I highly appreciate your great review and taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor.

It's a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay so much and the room you were allocated in with all facilities offered such as the iMac pc and television.
I am happy to see that you were able to bring a visit to the SkyLounge to enjoye the beautiful views of Amsterdam.

We are looking forward welcoming you back again. We will have you Warm Chocolate Chip cookie waiting for you!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Yes, Amsterdam is a very nice city, and this hotel is a great way to spend the time there. Location can't be better. 100m from the Central rail station. Literally next door. You just hope of the train and to the hotel, and you are ready to enjoy the city. Nice 1st floor bar and restaurant. Excelente after hours cocktail bar at the top, so good that even locals come. With an excelent view of the city. Room is tradicional good european decoration, with everthing you need even with a 22in Mac laptop with internet that worked as TV too. Great if you are not traveling with your own computer. I was traveling alone for business so the room was good enough, but the only thing I would of liked was the size fo the room. If I would of be traveling with someone else it woule of been small. I know rooms in Europe are smaller than other continents, but for such a good hotel and the rate I would of liked a bit more space to move around. All the room including bathroom was for sure less then 18m2.

Room Tip: Since this hotel is next to the train station, reason of it's great location, maybe asked for a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us on Tripadvisor after your recent stay at the DoubleTree by hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

I am very happy to hear that our location was beneficial for you, with the train station right next to the hotel and walking distance from the heart of Amsterdam.
It is great to see that you were able to bring a visit to the SkyLounge on the 11th floor and drink a cocktail while enjoying the beautiful views over Amsterdam.

I am sorry you experienced the room to be too small for you. We do have more spacious rooms available such as our Suites with a seperate bed- and living room. If you require any information please do not hesitate to contact us.

On behalf of the entire team thank you very much for your stay and for your recommendations. I truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future at DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We have just returned from a 4 day trip to Amsterdam staying at this hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming presenting my wife and I with a nice warm chocolate cookie on arrival. We were offered and accepted an upgrade to an excecutive room which sounded good but in reality I don,t think for us was really worth it. The upgrade came with a free breakfast which I had already paid for. A free paper each morning this was good. A free mini bar restocked each day which was not as good as it sounded as the contents were 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of beer, 2 cans of coke, a small tin of pringles and a packet of nuts. Not to bad for me with the beer but not for the wife as she dosnt drink the stuff. A small bottle of wine would have been better. We also had to ask for the mini bar to be re-stocked the next day when we came back after a day of sight seeing The room was fine with a good view although not much drawer space for clothes. The sky lounge on the top floors had magnificant views but you paid for this in the price of the drinks. Breakfast was ok all in all a good hotel. Even with the few little problems we would stay again as it is well located and has very friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you haven't paid for breakfast then an executive upgrade is worth it specially the view
2  Thank ISCA13
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

I am very happy to hear that, despite the few little problems, you have enjoyed your stay with us so much and that our Staff contributed to your pleasant stay as being welcoming and friendly. Good to hear you enjoyed our special Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie and that you were able to bring a visit to our SkyLounge and enjoy the beautiful views over Amsterdam.

I am sorry that the upgrade to a Deluxe room was not to your satisfaction. We will take your points very serious and make improvements where possible.

Thank you again for your stay and for your valuable feedback. I truly hope we have the please of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Having just returned from our second trip to Amsterdam I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough . We arrived on a Friday lunchtime and were delighted to learn our room was ready . Although we had requested a city view room by e mail on arrival we were told that there were none that day and our room faced toward s the other rooms in the hotel but were reassured that being on the 10 th floor there would be worry of train noises ..and they were right ! Our room was clean bright and well equipped . The bathroom was small but ample and the shower warm and powerful ! I must congratulate Hilton on there courteous staff in Amsterdam who were not only helpful ( guest services saved us a huge que at the van goth museum by selling us the tickets at reception )but cheerful and pleasant in there approach to there work . We only ate breakfast at he hotel but this was delicious with a large variety of hot and cold foods. French toast is a must . The sky lounge although slightly more expensive than drinking in the bar downstairs has spectacular views over the city and delicious cocktails to sip as u watch the sunset . The location of this hotel is perfect . 5 mins by foot from central (if that )and 10 mins walk to the eateries of the old town. Although it is within close proximity to the station I did nt hear a train once in the 3 days I was there . Will definetely use Doubletree on my next visit to this wonderful city .

Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

i would like to thank you very much for sharing your positive review with us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

I am very happy to hear that our location was beneficial for you, with the train station right next to the hotel and walking distance from the heart of Amsterdam and that had no disturbance from the trains. We are pleased to read that you have experienced our Team Members to be extremely helpfull, cheerfull and pleasant and that they were able to assist you with any information. I have naturally passed on your kind words.

It's great that you were able to bring a visit to the SKylounge and drink a delicious cocktail while enjoying the beautiful views over Amsterdam!

On behalf of the entire team thank you very much for your stay and for your recommendations. I truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

A simply great hotel with fabulous facilities and the nicest staff anywhere in the world.
Great accommodation and a terrific position, near to the Centraal Station and yet on its own little island.
Easy to find, fantastic rooms and suites. Ours was simply lovely, overlooking the river, but also the railway lines. An occasional rattle from the trains was more than compensated for by the great views.
The restaurants and bars, especially the Sky Lounge, were lovely, and once again the staff were fabulous.
Guest services directed us to the best (not the most expensive) restuarants in the city and explained the tram system and where to go generally, as we had not visited the city for over twenty five years.
We cannot wait to go back. This time it will not be another twenty five years.
Breakfast was a bit chaotic despite the efforts of the manager, but with an hotel filled to capacity and everyone wanting to be fed at the same time, all in all it was very good indeed

Dear Sir/madam,

I would like to thank you very much for your great review and for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

I was very happy to read your comments about our staff and that you thought they were the nicest anywhere in the world. It's great to hear that our team members have been able to contribute to such a pleasant stay and that they assisted you in providing information and recommendations.I have naturally shared your kind words with the team.

On behalf of the entire Team, i would like to thank you very much for your positive words and for your recommendations. We are looking forward welcoming you again in the near future (before the next 25 years!)

Warm regards from Amsterdam,

Caroline Receveur

We cannot wait to go back. This time it will not be another twenty five years.