DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
7,486 results
All reviewssky loungethe executive loungedouble treewarm cookiesapple tvgreat locationrooftop barguest servicestrain trackscity viewfloor to ceiling windowstop floormodern hotelriver cruiseexcellent hotelamsterdam centraalearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Don’t get me wrong, this is a good hotel located near the Amsterdam Centraal station. When you exit the main entrance of the station facing toward city centre you’ll have make an immediate left and walk approximately 5 to 10 minutes. The station is almost always busy so I think it took me 15 minutes to arrive at the hotel with 2 large suitcases.
This is one big hotel. I was given a room on the 4th floor and had to walk a few minutes before arriving to the other side of the hotel where my room was located. My room had a great view overlooking city center. One thing that bothered me was that the room had no character. Sure the bed was comfortable and I had an Apple computer to play with but everything else was just bland. I guess the view of the city made up for most of the empty wall in the room.
Upon checking in, the friendly reception will offer you a cookie. Good cookie but not great as they are claiming. The Apple computer / TV is a nice touch. I can simply plug in my USB drive where I can access and playback video through VLC which was installed.
Breakfast was exceptionally good. They offered many hot dishes. It is by far one of the best I had traveling in Europe. The hotel also offered bike rental at 15 euros per day.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank TP2WXC
Reviewed 24 June 2012

High level of service from the reception staff, great business hotel, would recommend room with city view

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank truth108
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel is in a great location for train travellers and cruise travellers. You are 5 minutes from Centraal Station and 10 minute walk to the cruise pier for cruising. Lots of restaurants within 10-20 minute walk and across from Centraal Station is the tourist bureau and the boats for the canal cruises. Breakfast buffet is great and we also ate lunch and dinner which was good. We went upstairs to the rooftop bar for drinks and the view is worth every penny. Cons: When we arrived, I asked if an upgrade to a king size bed was possible. I kept being told what I had booked (I booked a room with a queen bed). I was fully aware of what I had booked....that was not what I was asking. We found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable and the pillows the same. There queen beds seem to be smaller than ours. We had an accessible room with a walk in shower. There was no shelves in the bathroom at either the sink or the shower. We had to put our shower toiletries on the floor.

Room Tip: If you are use to a queen or king bed, book a king bed. The extra money is worth the good night's rest.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoyFrances
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just arrived at the hotel and the check-in process was painful. The check-in lines were large -around 30 people trying to check-in / out at around midday in three lines. I joined the HHonors line - around 3 deep only to find that no-one was manning the desk. So the HHonors members either had to merge with the adjacent line and understandably irritate those already in line or join the back of the queue. This was really badly handled by the check-in girl Jose who seemed totally oblivious to everything happening around her. None of the staff seemed to be really aware and continued to let people join the HHonors line without warning them. If any of the reception staff had an ounce of common sense they would have served one from the HHonors line then one from the regular line averting problems.

I've stayed at this location before. Overall a nice hotel despite the lack of common sense and initiative displayed by the reception area staff - where are the managers while all this happening?

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side facing south - the north side and some of the corner rooms face the train track and could it make it difficult to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TooManyHiltons
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to read we have not been able to arrange your check-in according to our usual standards last Sunday. As your Tripadvisor profile does not show any personal details I have unfortunately not yet been able to get in touch with you. I would highly appreciate if you would contact us on amscs.info@hilton.com as we would like to solve this in the best possible way.

Please accept our sincere apologies and thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Caroline Receveur

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is just literally 3 minutes walk once you exit left of Amsterdam central
The staff are young and fresh faced, and really pleasant and eager to serve. They start by serving a warm cookie on arrival !

Pros: Very centrally located, you cannot ask for a more cleaner and spacious room next to Amsterdam Central at the down to earth prices charged
Room is clean, excellent wi fi, iMAC in each room
All amenities present

Cons: The air con was really slow, it was a muddy evening and the aircon didnt seem to function at all
Expensive breakfast service $24.50 Euro's pp : Lots of fantastic cheaper and really good eateries are all within walking distance.
I requested room service some extra cream sachets and a hair dryer.... Yet to arrive although admittedly I did retrieve the hair dryer in one of the cupboards.
The rooms are very noisy as it is just proximal to the station.

Overall I would still strongly reccomend this hotel and will definately return with my family.. Good on ya !

Room Tip: Probably be aware that the rooms can be a bit noisy around early morning
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo