“excellent all round!”

Ranked #61 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
London
“excellent all round!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed for two nights on a short weekend break. From arrival everything was easy, a 2 minute walk from the main train station, the room was clean and a decent size. Guest services were very helpful whenever we needed anything. The hotel bar at the top has amazing views well worth checking out and having a drink, although you wont get any change from a €20 note for 2drinks. Overall great hotel!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front, the back is pleasant but faces the railway line!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Liam101
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Highly appreciate your review and kind recommendations. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,535)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The Hilton group should send all their staff here to learn about customer service. From the moment you walk through the door to the moment you leave, everyone in the hotel makes you feel welcome.

This was my second stay and this hotel is consistently excellent.

As a Diamond member I got an upgrade to a suite, which is unusual for the Hilton group, even for Diamond members.

The rooms are well presented and comfortable and the only downside is the noise from the railway.

Great location as you can walk to most places within a few minutes.

Breakfast is well presented and there is ample choice.

Well worth the stay and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your kind comments. Can't wait to show you the solution we're installing to prevent noise nuisance from the trains.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I went with my wife to celebrate my birthday. but the restaurant has the worst staff in the world. sixth went to dinner with my wife the restaurant was empty but still waited. the cesar salad was very dry. ask for a sauce and arrived after 10 minutes. after the main course waited 45 minutes when I went to ask the chef if he needed help in the kitchen maid was laughing. Saturday night asking to make chekout early because have early flight. the bill was wrong .... 200 euros more. complained the maid told to return the next day early because a supervisor did not have to make the bills the biggest surprise was when I returned home in uk went to see my account two days after the Hilton continued to take money from my account. day the first £ 83.88 I was already home. then they took money from my account again £ 16.02 my wife called and complained I was told ..... mistake and we apologize for the money back in the account. but till today not deposited anything.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Decio787
I'm terribly sorry about the mistakes mentioned in your review. As you can read from other reviews there are defintely not representative for our average service level. Please accept my sincere apologies. May I please ask you to get in contact with me directly for further follow up?
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 March 2013

In February, my partner and I spent a weekend at the Doubletree in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is typically known for having expenses hotels that force some budget travelers to stay in hostels, shared facilities, etc. I was able to get a great price for 2 nights at this property and book it in a hurry. I'm not always impressed with Hilton properties, but the Doubletree surpassed my expectations. Here are a few notes in regards to our stay:

Check-in:
Quick and easy! Our room was ready upon check-in and we were greeted with a fresh, warm baked cookie!

Property/Quality of Room:
The property is very nice, the design clean and modern. There was a Starbucks and a restaurant on the ground floor. The Sky Lounge offered great views of the city. Our room was large for Europe, bed and pillows were comfortable, the shower was great and you couldn't hear the noise from the trains. The proximity to the train station was perfect and I could quickly walk to the station in under 5 minutes.

The soaps/lotions provided were from Crabtree and Evelyn. They were high quality and a nice touch for this property. Linens were clean, soft and fluffy. There was a MAC TV which had English channels, a safe and a nice wardrobe to hang up your personal items.

Location:
Couldn't be better! You're just a few minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the city center. Some of the rooms face the city directly, and the views are perfect. I recommend you upgrade so you can get a room with a view. It'll be worth the extra EUR!

Check-Out:
Fast and easy! The front-desk even offered to print our boarding passes and to call us a taxi.

Overall, this was a great property and located close to the main train station and street car stops. It was a quick ride into the city center which made traveling a breeze. I would definitely recommend this property and will choose Doubletree on my next trip to Amsterdam!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelingteacher14
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Extremely grateful for your detailed review and kind recommendation. Thank you!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I travel to Amsterdam 4-5 times a year, usually staying at the Crowne Plaza City Central. However, I discovered this new property just last week. Not only was I given a wonderful upgrade to a Jr. suite, but the service and amenities were outstanding. The breakfast was wonderful, as was the dinner I had (get the Dover Sole!!!). The fitness center was quite nice as well. However, the Sky Lounge was the best. On the top floor, it had the best view of the city, hands down. I was there every night enjoying the drinks, scenery, and overall atmosphere of the lounge. Very much like the Living Room in the W hotels. Hats off to Kasia for her great service at the Sky Lounge! Also great work by all the ladies at the check in desk. Can't wait to go back...this is clearly my new favorite hotel in Amsterdam!!

Room Tip: Facing the city vs. the train tracks
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sted
Wow, thank you so much! We can't wait to welcome you back. Definitely let me know when you are planning your next trip. Would love to invite you to our regular guest cocktail!
Liverpool
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Excellent stay great location and service and extremely attentive staff...thoroughly recommend, will definitely return. Almost next door to central station but no sound from trains.fantastic views from The Sky Lounge.Upgrade well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Highly appreciate you took the time to share your experiences. Hope to welcome you back soon!
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the weekend just gone with my wife. When in Amsterdam we usually stay at the Amsterdam Hilton which is a little out of town so we decided on the new doubletree as it is a Hilton (my wife is a HH member) and right next to central station.

Nothing to fault regarding the check in, or indeed the rest of the stay. Staff all very helpful and friendly, room was excellent. We had an executive room with an excellent view over Amsterdam. We ordered room service a couple of times which was excellent every time.

My only problem with our stay was Sunday morning breakfast. We were told breakfast was served until 11am. So we went down Sunday morning at 10.10am. The queue just to get a table was 8 people deep. No worries we thought, once they've say us it'll be fine. Wrong!! As we were led around the corner into the restaurant it was plain to see that they could not cope with the volume of people for breakfast. The buffet had a queue of about 40-50 people (no exaggeration I promise). We sat down and were offered tea and coffee but not juice. We were told juice is on the buffet but with what looked like an hour queue that wasn't really good enough. The waiter told us it might be best to wait for the queue to die down a little. Well it didn't! We sat there until 10.45am before deciding to join the queue. At 11am I was still number 37 in the queue. (I had plenty of time to count) also at 11am one of the waitresses didn't want to top up the buffet even though there was 30+ people queuing. I heard her say to her colleague "it's 11, stop topping it up" which I'm glad her obviously more experienced colleague replied "you can't leave guests who have queued for half an hour with no food at the buffet"

I can't understand why there were not 2 buffet points set up? There is plenty of room, we were sat for breakfast in the bistro which had a massive empty bar. Couldn't that have been set up as another buffet station? That's what other hotels do on Sunday mornings as they know breakfast will be extremely busy and everybody will want to come down 30 mons before last orders. I've never experienced anything like that in a hotel in recent years. Never had that problem at the Amsterdam Hilton or indeed the airport Hilton Amsterdam where we have stayed a few times also.

All in all we would stay here again just probably not on a Saturday night because if the Sunday breakfast issue. Breakfast Monday morning was a delight and a much more civilised affair.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank James198
Thanks you so much for your kind words about our team and you are absolutely right. The sunday you are referring to was definitely not representative for a normal sunday breakfast. Several reasons caused queues at the restaurant and buffet. Please accept my sincere apologies. We have taken appropriate measures to prevent this situation from happening again in the future.