7,903 results
All reviews sky lounge the executive lounge double tree warm cookies apple tv great location rooftop bar guest services train tracks city view floor to ceiling windows top floor river cruise modern hotel amsterdam centraal excellent hotel early check
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a 11 night pleasant holiday at this hotel. I arrived in the morning and had requested the early check in service which was 40EUR. I felt this to be reasonable.

The room had a nice view of the city, was clean and the bed comfortable. I was concerned about room noise being so close to the train station but this was not an issue. The sky lounge has great views and I was offered an complimentary beverage. There is also a light menu but it is a bit pricey. I had a hamburger and it was delicious.

I received a welcome note on the day of check in and another follow up note with a tin of cookies towards the end of my stay.

I did eat breakfast in the restaurant and it had just about everything one could possible want.

The only downside was the cost of a local call. Even toll free calls had an unreasonable fee.

The front desk was accommodating each time I viisted. I would have given five stars if the phone charges were more reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for an early check in possibility if you arrive early in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for you feedback! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed you stay. Caroline

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I got a very deal on-line for two nights here. It was a very good and I wondered how it was so cheap. Then I saw the view, it was a brick wall about 20 feet away, no river, no canal, no Amsterdam. Other than that, it was close to perfection. Wonderful, helpful staff; clean, well equipped room. Great location near the Central Station. I very enjoyable stay. Not going to knock any marks off for it but the breakfast is incredibly overpriced. It's a lot of money to pay for a buffet meal that has been kept (almost) hot rather than fresh cooked.

Room Tip: Ask when you book for a room with a view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your stay! Caroline

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Over the last three years I've stayed at all sorts of places in Amsterdam, from very very expensive to the not so expensive; last weekend I spent three nights in the Doubletree by the Centraal Station. This has to be one of the best hotels in town, possibly in Europe, up there with the Four Seasons for service - understandably without the flagrant luxury of those hotels, but with great ambience, a most friendly welcome and professional service second to none. Comfortable modern rooms, great shower, an iMac, and even a view over the river Ij.
What stands out is the atmosphere- it's a happy place, with the very best staff, on the front desk, in the restaurants and cafe, and no-one hangs round waiting for a tip. This has to be a top recommendation.

Room Tip: ask for the river view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

What a nice review, thank you very much! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay that much. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon! Regards, Caroline.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I regularly (i.e. at least once a month) stay in this hotel for business purposes.

The staff of this hotel is usually friendly and helpfull.

The hotel has a very convenient location close to the central station.
I really enjoy the breakfast which has a great variety.

Rooms are generally well equiped, but the decoration could be a little more 'warm'.

Recently they've introduced a lounge instead of the minibar for executive members. As they only serve drinks from 7-9 (I usually am not in the hotel around these times) I consider this to be a downgrade.

Room Tip: try to upgrade to city view, as the 'garden view' is a little depressing
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for writing this review. It is good to read that you enjoyed your stay. Did you know that we serve Coffee/Tea/Water, fruit and candies in our Executive Lounge 24/7? Hopefully we will see you again soon! Kind regards, Caroline.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just stayed 2 nights in the Doubletree and had an amazing time. On arrival there was a mix up with our booking, we booked through Hotel Beds but the booking hadn't been received by the hotel. The desk clerk Koen was so helpful and even though not the hotels fault he gave us a free upgrade to the executive suites as the booking was for hubby's 50th birthday. Breakfast was nice with a large selection and even though there was such a large choice they still cooked eggs fresh for us how we wanted them. The room was amazing and had great views over the canal and city. It was only a couple of minutes from central station and less than 10 mins walk to Dam square. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Get a high room with a city view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing this review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and King City Suite that much. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon! Regards, Caroline.