7,920 results
All reviews sky lounge the executive lounge double tree warm cookies apple tv great location rooftop bar guest services train tracks city view floor to ceiling windows top floor river cruise modern hotel amsterdam centraal excellent hotel early check
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The room (No. 436) was great, with an iMac for TV and internet use, free wifi.
The staff was very attentive and friendly.
what a impressing skylounge with a perfect view over amsterdam, especially at night
We want to stay there again next time

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review!

We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Amsterdam.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Caroline

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Great all-around business hotel. Could also be good for tourists. Great staff, very attentive. Some rooms have great views of the city which is rare in Amsterdam. If you pay extra, it is worth the price to upgrade to a balcony executive room. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the future!

Caroline

Reviewed 27 November 2013

After a few years since the last time I’ve been to Amsterdam and based on the nature of my trip, I decided to choose a hotel near Amsterdam Centraal. There’s definitely no doubt that Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam is very well located, just a few steps away from the train, metro and tram stations and pretty close to the city center.

During check-in at around 4PM, I became slightly disappointed to discover that all the rooms facing the city were Executive Rooms and required the payment of an extra fee, as I’d asked earlier for a room facing that side and her colleague never mentioned it.

Nevertheless, I decided to stick with my previous booking rate and got a cozy, clean room, yet with a horrendous railway view. During my entire stay, the staff seemed to be professional but not very friendly, making me miss the personal and caring hospitality I’m used to. Being a Hilton HHonors member, I was also supposed to receive the daily newspaper I asked for but they were never delivered during the nights I stayed there.

On the other hand, their welcoming chocolate chip cookie is surely delicious and the SkyLounge on the 11th floor is worth a visit as well. This hotel also provides complimentary Wi-Fi connection and there are several cool bicycles available for renting, if the weather allows you to do so.

Overall, my stay at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam was satisfactory, even though I feel there’s room for improvement, especially with regards to their staff. Not sure I’ll stay here next time I come to Amsterdam but, if location is a major priority, this hotel will certainly be an option to look at.

Room Tip: If view is somehow important to you, book an Executive Room which will be faced to the city and canals. You'll also have 24-hour access to the Executive Lounge and complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I am surprised to read that you experienced our staff as not very friendly. We receive a lot of positive comments about our staff.
My apologies that you were not correct informed about our Executive and Standard rooms. I can imagine that this wasn't a nice start of your stay.
As we feel that we have not delivered the service you can expect from us, I would like to ask you if you are planning to stay in Amsterdam in the future. If so, please contact us so we can make sure you will have a care free stay! Kind regards, Caroline.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel with a group of friends the hotel is central right next to the central railway station .IT was lovely clean very modern friendly helpful staff free wifi computers in your room .It could be a bit noisy with the trains but it's double glazed and ding spoil our stay .My only regret is we never used the sky bar on the 11th floor till our last night this bar was awesome with a lovely view over the city it's a def most we've said we will have to stay again yo take advent sage off this hidden gem in this wonderful hotel .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Great feedback, thank you! Hopefully we will see you soon in our SkyLounge! Caroline

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location for sight seeing. For a Hilton chain we found it rather disappointing. The rooms were quite small - they would not let anyone book in to their rooms earlier unless they paid 40 euros extra. I read other reviews which said guests were allowed in quite early as they had arrived on very early flights. We upgraded to an executive room and they allowed us in at 2.00pm. The executive club room was on the ground floor - unlike every other hotel which has their executive club room on higher floors to allow guests a view of the surrounding areas as you pay so much more for your room. To make up for this the staff were amazing. Particularly the staff in the executive club room - two young ladies in particular - one who normally worked in the Skylounge. Unfortunately I cannot remember their names. Also the executive club room was open to everyone in the morning - not that we ate breakfast there as the food was very limited. There were not a lot of canapés at night and you had to line up for the food and alcohol at night as it was so busy. The beer did not get turned on until 15 minutes late one night but was still turned off at the normal time - probably being a bit picky here but there were a lot of people complaining about this. Overall we enjoyed our stay here - just think for the extra money for a club room you did not receive a great lot more for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river - you will get this is you have an executive room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Christine, for the feedback! Please note that in our hotel the check in time is 15:00. We guarantee all arriving guests a room at this time and in order to be able to do this we are dependent on the check-out time of the guests leaving the hotel. As this is 12:00 our housekeeping department is very busy between 12:00 and 15:00. We offer a prioritised cleaning service however this comes at a surcharge of €40.00 per room.
I am glad to read that you experienced our staff very friendly and enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon! Caroline