“Love this hotel soooo much!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #57 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
London
“Love this hotel soooo much!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Love this hotel alot - been staying here a number of times, this time, checkin 9 Jan, for 1 night, checkout 10 Jan, Room 743 - Dockside Suite - the room was superb - i've usually stayed in one of the two suites with outdoor space, but they were full this trip so the hotel kindly put me in this room - loved it heaps - the view is amazing. The breakfast was great - I did arrive a little late when things were going away - i miss the Waffles in the packaging so I could sneak one back to my room with me! but otherwise the breakfast was outstanding as usual. I was very impressed with the new food choices at the SkyLounge - really great and the service has been the best of all - amazing for the Netherlands (haha). The room was clean, and remains in excellent condition. The lobby staff were excellent and looks like your cookies are even yummier than ever before - some new recipe? One area of opportunity - i would like some fresh wipes for the gym - so you can wipe down equipment. Most gyms have these just for cleanliness.

Some other constructive feedback - not particularly excited about Hilton's new policy of charging €40 for check-ins before 3pm, but that's not the hotel's choice, that's Hilton corporate management I had the some asked of me at the Doubletree Orlando Downtown - I can deal with it - as a Diamond it'd be nice to check in a bit earlier but it doesn't bother me that much. I know the hotel has to make money so this is sensible and effective management of their housekeeping teams.

Again, love this hotel, my #1 in the Netherlands. BTW - if you want to try a new restaurant nearby, try the 5&33 at the ArtHotel opposite Centraal station - great food and one of the popular restaurants but be sure to make a reservation ahead of time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kawoh
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
So nice to read that you enjoyed your stay that much! We would love to see you back in the future! Kind regards, Caroline.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,547)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Hilton Amsterdam early afternoon and was greeted by very happy and helpful staff who pointed out all facilities and privileges we were entitled to. When we reached the room there was complimentary drinks and a welcome card from the manager which was a nice touch. The reception staff were so helpful and helped with any queries we had and were brilliant at suggesting places to check out. The restaurant and sky lounge staff were also brilliant and always made sure your glass was topped up! The views from the sky lounge were probably the best you could get of Amsterdam! The hotel was amazing as we're the staff, and we will most definitely be back!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Nice to read your positive feedback! Kind regards, Caroline.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I am fresh off a 27 hour flight back home to Melbourne after a whirlwind European trip, jet-lagged and a little sleepy, but that impressed I was with the last leg of my trip at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station that I wanted to sing my praises whilst they were still clear in my mind.

This was my first time in Amsterdam and my first time staying at a Hilton chain hotel, and after the experience I just had it absolutely won't be my last on both accounts. Amsterdam is a vibrant, unique city and DoubleTree is in the ultimate base location to explore it all. Literally a two minute walk from the station, one couldn't ask for a more convenient spot. The views from the room were amazing, and a joy to wake up to and enjoy a coffee whilst watching Amsterdam come to life.

The room itself, incredible. Decently sized, warmly lit and the accurate & immediately responding climate control was fantastic. I don't know if this is standard across the board through their chain of hotels as again it was my first time staying at a Hilton hotel, but having a Mac with free wifi in the room was brilliant and so very much appreciated. It made for a very welcome change of having to stare at my mobile or my tablet to read and reply to emails. A very comfortable bed ensured an amazing nights sleep, and a shower with a good strong stream of water - a small creature comfort that is one of the first things I scout out when staying at a new hotel ;) - was the icing on the cake for an immaculate and overall very impressive room. It was so comfortable I had a hard task making myself leave it every day to go and explore the city!!

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to *anyone* visiting Amsterdam, and I was that impressed by my stay that DoubleTree will be one of the first brands of hotel I source when researching my next holiday destination. The bar has certainly been set incredibly high. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank BradFraser
What a great review! Thank you so much! Caroline
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Doubletree by Hilton Centraal Station is a really nice hotel, I booked the king executive room, nice view of Amsterdam, breakfast included and also acces to the executive lounge where finger food canape and drink where served during the evening. Sky Lounge bar on top floor also got a really nice view of Amsterdam.

Room Tip: My room 544 got a really nice view of the city
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Luigi C
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, it is really appreciated!

It is good to hear you enjoyed the view from your room as well as the SkyLounge. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future.

Caroline
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at a 5 Star Hotel in Amsterdam for a few nights then traveled Belgium and France and returned to Amsterdam at the Double Tree. The 5 Star Hotel was certainly that but it was not better than the Double Tree and actually not quite as good. The Double Tree is so well located that you do not need to get on the Tram/Trolley or use any public transportation while staying in Amsterdam (assuming you are only there for 3 days or less).
The food is very good and it is priced very reasonable. It was a pleasant surprise from getting clipped hard on food tabs at most places. The service was plenty of good at the hotel. Because the hotel is large they don't have the staff to pamper you - if you are needy person seeking special services then this is not the place for you to be.
Lastly, we discovered the best thing about the hotel on the last night, the Sky Lounge. This bar, lounge had phenomenal views of Amsterdam and the atmosphere is highly memorable.

Room Tip: If you can get a room looking over the courtyard in front of Central Station, that is the wasy to go...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leigh B
Thank you for writing this positive feedback! Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Caroline
Waconia, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We live in the North of the Netherlands and stay at this hotel most times when we come into Amsterdam. We arrived early and thought to leave our bag there but due to begin Hilton Gold Members they checked us right in and changed our room to give us one with a great view over looking the city. The cookies as usual are fantastic. We stayed 3 nights as we visited museums and the Christmas Market in Amsterdam. Great location for hopping on trams to various parts of the city or just walking to Dam Square etc.
Service is always great and room spacious and clean, breakfast buffet is expensive but good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Really nice to read your positive feedback! Caroline.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel was perfect to celebrate my partner's 30th Birthday in. He was even given a bottle of wine & chocolate to say congratulations. I couldn't have picked a better hotel as my partner is a chef so we decided to try the restaurant out for dinner and amazingly we both enjoyed our meal and he had nothing to criticise for once!! Perfect night away. Sky bar had the most amazing tasting cocktails and the view from the bar was just breathtaking. We will definitely be returning to this hotel as the location was perfect, the staff were lovely and helpful. I will be recommending this hotel to all that I speak to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Great to hear, thank you! Caroline.