DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #61 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 13 January 2014

stayed here for the weekend with 9 of my mates, the hotel is perfect, the Sky Lounge is the best bar in Amsterdam overlooking the city, the room was really nice, I'd stay here again. breakfast was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RPhillips86
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your positive review! See you next time! Caroline

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Having been to Amsterdam a dozen times. I can admit this is the best choice for being close to train station. It is slightly more expensive than other places. Great location. Club level allows entrance into room with breakfast in morning and free beers at happy hour. Clean and good overall value. Rooms with balcony are nice, but not worth the extra money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camelduece

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Caroline

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were here as part of a Viking Cruise, location was perfect. We took train from airport and walked 5minutes to hotel. All for 3 Euros each. Also dock for most cruises is right behind hotel, less than 5 minutes. Could not have made a better choice and hotel was excellent. Hotel has latest in Apple TV and computer in room. We took option of additional 50 Euros daily and got access to executive lounge which had snacks all day, happy hour for two hours each night, and breakfast. If you take advantage of all the above, it is worth the costs. We arrived early, and they stored bags without any difficulty. Did inquire about early check in, usually hotels will do this if rooms were available. They would but for charge of extra 40 Euros, never heard of such, but anyway would highly recommend the hotel and I would use again. Again we were doing a Viking Cruise, they will charge $500 night if they book the hotel and use the Moevenpick which is way out of the way, we did our own booking and it was a third of what Viking will charge, however we were responsible for our own transfers etc. On the day of the cruise, we walked from the hotel to dock with our bags and less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas T

Thank you for your positive review! Nice to read. Kind regards, Caroline

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Went to Amsterdam for a weekend break, choose this hotel as close to station which is handy for the getting to from the Airport. The hotel is also close to main streets, so can easily walk everywhere. We had executive room which was good, but only had queen size bed, when would of thought would have king size. Had view over city and Apple computer/tv in room.
Only downside is the executive lounge is poor, the breakfast was very limited, and when went in loung in mid aftermnoon everything locked up, could not even get cup of tea as there t bags and water but no milk or sugar, also the only time they do evening drinks and nibbles was between 6 and 8 when you getting ready to go out. Most Hiltons lounge open till 11.00pm.

On whole good hotel due to its location, but would not bother to upgrade to executive.

Room Tip: dont bother about upgrading to executive as all rooms seem to have good views and lounge a waste of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JKKHMB

Thank you for your review. We offer 24/7 coffee, tea and water in our Executive Lounge, but have set times for soda's and alcoholic beverages indeed. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the future! Caroline.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Love this hotel alot - been staying here a number of times, this time, checkin 9 Jan, for 1 night, checkout 10 Jan, Room 743 - Dockside Suite - the room was superb - i've usually stayed in one of the two suites with outdoor space, but they were full this trip so the hotel kindly put me in this room - loved it heaps - the view is amazing. The breakfast was great - I did arrive a little late when things were going away - i miss the Waffles in the packaging so I could sneak one back to my room with me! but otherwise the breakfast was outstanding as usual. I was very impressed with the new food choices at the SkyLounge - really great and the service has been the best of all - amazing for the Netherlands (haha). The room was clean, and remains in excellent condition. The lobby staff were excellent and looks like your cookies are even yummier than ever before - some new recipe? One area of opportunity - i would like some fresh wipes for the gym - so you can wipe down equipment. Most gyms have these just for cleanliness.

Some other constructive feedback - not particularly excited about Hilton's new policy of charging €40 for check-ins before 3pm, but that's not the hotel's choice, that's Hilton corporate management I had the some asked of me at the Doubletree Orlando Downtown - I can deal with it - as a Diamond it'd be nice to check in a bit earlier but it doesn't bother me that much. I know the hotel has to make money so this is sensible and effective management of their housekeeping teams.

Again, love this hotel, my #1 in the Netherlands. BTW - if you want to try a new restaurant nearby, try the 5&33 at the ArtHotel opposite Centraal station - great food and one of the popular restaurants but be sure to make a reservation ahead of time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kawoh

So nice to read that you enjoyed your stay that much! We would love to see you back in the future! Kind regards, Caroline.

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Hilton Amsterdam early afternoon and was greeted by very happy and helpful staff who pointed out all facilities and privileges we were entitled to. When we reached the room there was complimentary drinks and a welcome card from the manager which was a nice touch. The reception staff were so helpful and helped with any queries we had and were brilliant at suggesting places to check out. The restaurant and sky lounge staff were also brilliant and always made sure your glass was topped up! The views from the sky lounge were probably the best you could get of Amsterdam! The hotel was amazing as we're the staff, and we will most definitely be back!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Nice to read your positive feedback! Kind regards, Caroline.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I am fresh off a 27 hour flight back home to Melbourne after a whirlwind European trip, jet-lagged and a little sleepy, but that impressed I was with the last leg of my trip at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station that I wanted to sing my praises whilst they were still clear in my mind.

This was my first time in Amsterdam and my first time staying at a Hilton chain hotel, and after the experience I just had it absolutely won't be my last on both accounts. Amsterdam is a vibrant, unique city and DoubleTree is in the ultimate base location to explore it all. Literally a two minute walk from the station, one couldn't ask for a more convenient spot. The views from the room were amazing, and a joy to wake up to and enjoy a coffee whilst watching Amsterdam come to life.

The room itself, incredible. Decently sized, warmly lit and the accurate & immediately responding climate control was fantastic. I don't know if this is standard across the board through their chain of hotels as again it was my first time staying at a Hilton hotel, but having a Mac with free wifi in the room was brilliant and so very much appreciated. It made for a very welcome change of having to stare at my mobile or my tablet to read and reply to emails. A very comfortable bed ensured an amazing nights sleep, and a shower with a good strong stream of water - a small creature comfort that is one of the first things I scout out when staying at a new hotel ;) - was the icing on the cake for an immaculate and overall very impressive room. It was so comfortable I had a hard task making myself leave it every day to go and explore the city!!

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to *anyone* visiting Amsterdam, and I was that impressed by my stay that DoubleTree will be one of the first brands of hotel I source when researching my next holiday destination. The bar has certainly been set incredibly high. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends