“Excellent, also for events”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #61 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 11 June 2014

As mentioned by other reviewers this is an excellent hotel, very close to the Amsterdam Central railway station and city center. I only have three concerns:
- Our room had a really nice view but we couldn't open any windows. A staff member told us that this was a deliberate decision in order to isolate the room from the noise that the railway causes. Well, I'll happily accept the noise if it comes with some fresh air because I'll never get used to aircon-only rooms.
- Our suite had lots and lots of room, but no real desk. I used the dining table for my laptop, but had to unplug one of the lamps in order to free up a power socket. For my camera and other stuff I need 2 sockets as a minimum. That was a no-go.
- I guess that the cook hates oatmeal and/or prepares it with water instead of milk. Talk to my mom, she'll show you how to make a really good oatmeal. And she offers brown sugar with it ...

What really made this hotel a winner for us is the quality of the event facilities. We rented a meeting room including audiovisual equipment, coffee, lunch and refreshments. SPOT ON! Great food, nice conference rooms, good chairs, free WLAN access, friendly and professional staff. Strongly recommended!

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the court don't have the best view but have "real" fresh air...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank J_Cage
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

It is great to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend our hotel, thank you so much for this. Thank you too for sharing your concerns, we greatly appreciate this as it enables us to improve our services. We take your comment very serious and will have a look at the concerns mentioned. I am really happy that you have enjoyed our meeting facilities and I will certainly pass your positive feedback to this department. Hopefully we may welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff was outstanding during my two nights recently. Each one always greeted me with a smile and made me feel they were happy to have me as a guest in their hotel. This is has not been the norm during travels through Europe and I really appreciated it. There was one misunderstanding regarding laundry service as Monday was a public holiday and the service was not available, but the staff made the arrangement to have it done on-site in a matter of hours and all good. I will stay here again and will recommend it to my colleagues.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Raper6

Thank you very much for this very nice feedback! I am happy to hear my colleagues have been really friendly and helpful and made your stay very enjoyable. Thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to having you in the hotel again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Across one street from the edge of the heart of the city, the hotel was convenient, clean and friendly. Great breakfast. The only down side was that check-in isn't until 3:00 pm - we paid for early check-in but it left a bad taste in an otherwise excellent stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great feedback! I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the hotel and staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our first trip to Amsterdam, part of a tour package. Front desk staff extremely friendly, warm, and helpful. Excellent food in the restaurant; extensive breakfast buffet. Sky Lounge has an exceptional view. Room seemed a little small for two people, especially the closet, but the view was great, as well as the wifi and lighting for desk and the rest of the room. Appreciated the refrigerator too.
It was expensive for us, but we got our money's worth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica04039

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us! It is absolutely great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your compliments about our restaurant and SkyLounge, I am happy to hear you really liked the food served. I hope we may welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for two nights with my wife.
Small rooms, payed for an upgrade but got a view into a wall.
Noisy disco on the top floor.
Didnt try the breakfast.
Pluss for Starbucks connected to the hotell.
The room service was SOOO SLOW..

Room Tip: Lower level if you dont like noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joacimnorway
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, we greatly appreciate this as it enables us to improve our services where possible. I am really sorry the room did not meet your expectations, concerning the view and the music you heard from our SkyLounge. The SkyLounge is a very busy bar and we are trying to improve the sound proofing of the rooms close to the SkyLounge to reduce any suffer our guests may experience. I am truly sorry this disturbed you during your stay. I do hope that despite this inconvenience you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us and my apologies that we were not able to provide a memorable experience for you during your stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Brilliant central location, great staff and guest services, speedy internet access and super comfortable rooms. I was working so the help of staff to locate everywhere I needed to be and how to get there was super handy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Fiona W

It is absolutely great to hear you have really enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences with us. I am very happy to hear my colleagues have been very helpful during your stay and you could perfectly work here. Hopefully we may welcome you again on your future (business) trips!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We've stayed here 1 night only on a Saturday night and we're upgraded to a King suite overlooking the canal (instead of a Queen Jr Suite). I'm HH member and it was a nice touch.

Price was Euros 369 plus tax. The room was nice and big, 2 Apple TV, comfy king bed and a well appointed bathroom with separate shower and tub. Free wifi ok. Tea/coffee facilites provided.
We've enjoyed the view from the room and the sky lounge for a drink in the evening.
We've also rented 2 bikes from Concierge service and it was pleasant to cycle around the city. It was 15 Euros per bike per day.

The really downside of this hotel is the Executive lounge which is on ground floor and has no nice view. The breakfast room on Sunday morning was a big mess and the tables were not cleaned quickly and the poor waitress was alone to help us. This should be improved. As well the buffet was tiny with a poor choice I think for this hotel price and category.

If we go back to Amsterdam, we might choose another hotel such as Sofitel or in the same price category to get better service.
Close from train station is a plus if you walk with your luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal/city view on the upper floor. These are the quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to start by thanking you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us. We really appreciate this. It is great to hear that you really liked your room and the view from your room and that you visited Amsterdam by using our bikes. It is really a pity to hear you did not like the Executive Lounge, mainly in the weekends it can be very busy in the Executive Lounge and I am so sorry if this influenced the service delivered negatively, my sincere apologies for this. The Executive Lounge is there as an additional space for our guest who are staying in our Executive rooms. We offer coffee and tea throughout the whole day and on set times we offer a selection of additional products as an extra for these guests. In the city cafe restaurant we offer an wide variety for breakfast. It is very sad to hear you would look for another hotel if you are visiting Amsterdam again, we would be very happy to welcome you again!