Stayed here for 4 nights. Room was clean with a large and comfortable bed. Hotel is situated near Ousterpark but with a tram stop outside the hotel it is only a 15 minute ride into the centre. Did not use the restaurant as we felt the breakfast was a bit expensive at €17.50 so instead used a nearby café.
The reception staff were always friendly and on checking in the concierge was on hand with advice/tips for Amsterdam.
I have not rated the hotel as excellent as:-
1) on 2nd day of stay reported that one of the bedside reading lights was not working - still the same when we left 3 days later.
2) on one day the cups and spoons for the coffee/tea in the room were not cleaned.
3 )on the website http://www.hampshire-hotels.com/en/the-manor-hotel-amsterdam-hampshire-eden appears this statement
You can visit the Loungebar throughout the day for coffee or tea. In the evenings you can order wines and cocktails.
However on one evening when we order a cocktail we were told "We do not serve cocktails"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampshire Hotel - The Manor Amsterdam is situated in a unique building in Amsterdam-Oost: the former Burgerziekenhuis (hospital). This historic building on the Linnaeusstraat was renovated in 2011 into a trendy hotel with luxury rooms and its own Italian restaurant, Enoteca. The hotel is easy to reach by car or public transport. And by tram, bus or bike, you’ll be right in the centre of the city in 7 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - The Manor Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.