“Beautiful Art Deco Spa!”
Review of Sauna Deco

Sauna Deco
More attraction details
Owner description: Modesty has no place at this highly respectable sauna, where you get down to the altogether in mixed company. Sauna Deco is a small spa in a unique place and with a unique interior. A place for people that know how to appreciate a sauna bath. Don't expect swimming pools or a jacuzzi but know it has everything for a couple of hours of relaxing.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The atmosphere here is lovely, with a staircase retrieved from an old art deco department store. One of the loveliest spas I've ever visited.

After my sauna, I settled in the cafe in my robe, on a recliner, with a book.

3  Thank Caterina F

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked in here as a group on a hen weekend. Excellent massage, clothes are not an option though it's birthday suit only !!

7  Thank lindabell1974
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Expectations being everything, ours were somewhat moderated based on reviews and only wanting a respite from a lot of walking in Amsterdam. We went in the evening. There were a mix of men and women, everyone in Amsterdam was polite and nice, as were the customers and staff. Small and nice place, everything co-ed. I did get a massage which for me was 2 out of 5, only because I asked for deep tissue and received a light rub down.

1  Thank Michael_WH7154EB
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Desperate for a massage to ease my tired, aching body, I googled non-sexual massages in Amsterdam. Lots of dodgy sites showed up, mostly alluding to happy endings. So when I found the Sauna Deco site, which looks very professional, I was relieved. I arrived without an appointment and was lucky enough to get one straight away with David. It was fabulous. I have been having regular massages for the past 30 years and rate this massage up with the best of them. One thing that would have improved my overall experience was some confusion for me about where to get changed etc. I was directed to a locker room / change room and asked if I needed a towel. I was confused about being asked whether or not I would need a towel, as this is different to what I'm used to, where you get changed in the room where you have the massage and there are towels there to cover yourself. I didn't mind getting changed in a mixed changing room, but didn't want to make a fool of myself by walking naked or semi naked through the reception area, if this was not what she meant me to do. The woman was a little impatient with me when I was clarifying, and wanted me to hurry up as David was waiting. Just slowing down to fully explain how things worked there would have been helpful, especially as I said that it was different to what I was used to so I was unsure how it works. A minor thing though. The facilities there look amazing. I would have loved a tour of the place. There were people everywhere, mostly wandering around with only a towel on. It had the feel of Roman baths. So, as others have said, not a place to go if you are modest. But for anybody else, I think this is a fabulous place. I would love to have the time to go again before I leave. Oh, they seem to prefer payment in cash, so go prepared. My 55 min massage cost €58. If you get David, you are very lucky. Enjoy!

6  Thank Ellyn M
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I was recommended to come here by a Dutch friend. The sauna was clean and beautifully decorated. It was nice to do something a little different. There were a range of different temperature saunas. Nice and chilled

2  Thank KatieH535