“Amazing Find”
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

Hotel Sebastian's
Ranked #5 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Many of the hotels reviewed by Tripsadviser after being visited by me, I really wonder. who are these reviewers? But the reviewers who stayed at this Hotel really got it right! A real find! Close to the Dam square, lovely room, nice view on the canal, when u climb down onto the enclosed balcony part of your room. Rather expensive but worth it. We were there during a very busy period when there were a lot of conferences. Hotel sent a letter to the room apologizing for the expensive tarif but as it was conference time .... And also next time they would give me a cheaper rate..
And the breakfast. It was really good value for money. Definately go for it. They were also willing to keep a suitcase for us when we shot off for a week n came back later. The only negative was that there could have been more space for our clothes. The room could also do with more lighting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at sebastian hotel in Amsterdam we were to big family, the service,the clean and large room with an exit to large porch , the location was near the main street in the center, everything was excellent.
I will sure come back to this lovely hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is my 4th or 5th trip to Amsterdam. I mostly travel for work and this was another work trip. As with other trips to the city, if you are not planning far in advance, reservations can be tricky. I was lucky to find Sebastian's and I now have a hotel that has set the bar for all future hotels in this city.

First off the area where the hotel is is quiet! This is a major plus in this city. Second the hotel is beautiful both inside and out. My room had a canal view, which was great to wake up to each morning. I was commuting to and from Amsterdam Centraal, which was an easy 5+ minute walk, plus Jordaan and the nine alleys are short walks as well.

The room was spacious (for Europe) with all the amenities and quite! I'm here for work so sleeping is important. The bed was comfy, but it was that kind of Euro bed where they just push together a twin or double, so there is a bump in the middle. I was traveling alone, so that was not an issue, but when sleeping with your significant other it is a bit of a challenge. They conveniently have a bar and restaurant in the hotel for breakfast and snacks if you need. The coffee machine in the room is a little tricky to use, but makes a great coffee once you figure it out.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Even though I already new my way around, I really wanted to see what they suggested. It was very enlightening and I learned a few new things. For most hotels the restaurant suggestions are just places near the hotel. For Sebastian's you could tell they really took this to heart. Each night, I ate at one of their recommendations which each one seemed better that the next.

I would highly recommend this hotel and I will most definitely stay here when I return to Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Canal view is worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I can not begin to tell you how much we enjoyed The Hotel Sebastian! It was with sheer delight that we treated ourselves to their larger room (we had rm #108). The decor of the hotel is very elegant, totally hip and designed to please. Our room was very large by European standards and the bed was more comfy than any we have stayed in including at home!
It felt luxurious and the bath was simply divine. But it's not just the room that was special, the location is perfect and beautiful. We took the canal trip the afternoon we arrived and we passed right by our hotel as the tour guide was saying how luxurious this particular neighborhood was. The staff was very helpful with everything, especially our dinner reservations. Every single one of the restaurants you recommended were wonderful and charming. Especially Bernarda who gave us extra flavor with her sharp wit and sense of the neighborhood. I will always have the vision of her preparing delicious food behind the bar giving the sense of home and hearth.
We have very good friends here in Los Angeles who by sheer luck have booked themselves at the hotel and they arrive in October. We bought a little sweet treat at the picture perfect candy store on the corner, had it wrapped and the staff kindly said they would have it in the their room when they arrive. What a lovely,hospitable and beautiful hotel and good reason to visit Amsterdam again!

Room Tip: #108, ground floor on canal. Very large. Quiet except for the delightful children going to school at...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here in July 2013. The Check in staff were friendly and helpful. They asked us whether this was our first trip to Amsterdam (yes, it was), and immediately gave us a city map before we even asked, and pointed out the locations of all the attractions in Amsterdam.

The free wifi in the room had good signal. Bathroom had good quality shampoo/ shower gel & body lotion, the toilet paper was 4-ply! And they also provided shoe shine sponges (very useful). There was an espresso machine in the room (too bad we're not coffee fans).

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes walk from everywhere - the Central train station, the Dam square shopping streets, the famous red light district, the Anne Frank museum, the flower market....

You have to walk up a few short steps to get from the street level to the lobby. There is a lift from the lobby level to the rooms.

Service is great. Almost immediately after I booked a triple room via Booking.com, the hotel sent me an email asking for my preferences (3 single beds or a queen + 1 single). None of the other hotels that I booked with did this.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BernieTMN
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hotel Sebastian's is extremely comfortable and delightfully decorated. Our room was large and very comfortable. It overlooked lovely quiet gardens at the back. The hotel is very well situated, convenient but beautiful and peaceful. The breakfast has great choice and quality, very good value. The most impressive thing for us, however, was the uniformly wonderful staff. The receptionists, bar staff and breakfast staff are all exceptionally pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. We stayed from 16th to 19th September 2013. Thank you for a great holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends