Aero Hotel
Agoda.com
US$423
US$350
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2005

Usually always a bit sceptical about Amsterdam hotels BUT this hotel is a great exception. The staff, especially the manager are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are tidy and cleaned well. The location is central and provides easy access to bars and transport. Even the comp. breakfast is rather nice and fresh. The hotel bar, which opens out into the street, used for breakfast is in fact one of the most relaxing places in town to start your day. I will be back for sure. :-)

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2005

The staff is friendly and the hotel is located in a good part of town near the tram. The bar was cozy and we had a very nice breakfast each morning. Unfortunately, we had a small room on the 3rd floor which smelled and had dirty carpeting. There are no elevators so be prepared to lug your luggage up the stairs. The safe in our room didn't work and there were no compatible electrical outlets. The electrical problem was a big deal because I emailed and asked about it and was told there would be an outlet in our room so we didn't take a converter. Also, they advertise wireless internet throughout the hotel. Unfortunately, this wasn't true and we could only get a wireless signal on the first two floors. Finally, we could only get one room and hotel key which was very inconvenient because there were two of us sharing a room.
I hope to visit Amsterdam again sometime very soon but I probably won't stay at the Aero Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2005
2  Thank LancGuy
Dublin
Reviewed 17 January 2005

After many years of visiting Amsterdam I never took up the opportunity of staying at the Aero Hotel, Kerkstraat. Well that has changed. My recent visit was as reported by other users "excellent" and the staff, Yves & Larry were professional in their duties and made my stay enjoyable. A must for any one wanting to stay in "Gay" Amsterdam. My friend wants to go back. This was his 1st ever visit.
Yves has been at the hotel for some years and is a credit to his boss and always has a smile for everyone be they be visitors to the Camp Cafe or residents. All in all this hotel out shines other hotels in the higer Catagories.
Well Done all. See you soon

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 6 December 2004

This was my 0000th visit to Amsterdam. Usually I stay in a hotel provided by the company but this time it was my choice so I went for a Gay hotel. The Aero hotel was for me the one which fit my specs with my own key and in the center near the gay streets. When I got there check in was with a guy who rememberd me from the telephone I think he was called Yves, but don't quote me on that. Breakfast was untill 12 which is a must for late nights I mostly wake up at other hotels just in time to rush down and see it being cleared away THANKS GUYS. When you are Amsterdam check out the pizza place on the reguliersdwarsstraat Saturino they have a big menu, cheap, fast service and the place is always full of cute guys. in the same street there are a number of gay bars inluding the Soho where you should begin your evening or the Other side Coffee Shop the only gay Coffee Shop in Amsterdam. this trip was special and made so by staying in such a nice hotel thanks to the staff they made me feel at home and went just that little bit further to make me comfortable. 4.5 stars

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2004

We have stayed at this Hotel twice now and on both occasions we have had nothing to complain about whatsoever. The Hotel is clean, the rooms we have stayed in have been large and very comfortable. It is close to all nightlife (both gay and straight), restaurants and shopping. Trams pass just at the top of the street . The breakfasts are great - especially the champagne one on a Sunday! Looking forward to our next visit in the new year!

3  Thank Terry T