“Shame about the bad reviews”
Review of Aero Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Aero Hotel
Ranked #161 of 237 Speciality Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed 23 October 2005

Sorry to hear the recent bad reviews of The Aero Hotel as I have visited several times in the past 5 years and have always found it excellent. I acknowledge some of the rooms could be "tarted up" a bit, but when I was given a room that I thought smelled a bit mouldy I was relocated to one on the first floor that had very obviously just been decorated. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for the gay scene as well as other attractions and the breakfast is included in the cost also. The breakfast is served up until 12 noon, so you don't have to get up too early. Sunday breakfast includes a complimentary glass of champagne.

• Stayed: August 2004
3  Thank goldfish1

Plano, Tx.
Reviewed 20 October 2005

I checked in at 2pm and checked out at 7pm. Where do I start. Maybe the rudeness of the reception lady that claimed to be the manager. I had delt with a male when making this reservation. I determined with him that they did take credit cards and had WiFi internet.. When I got there, the new management stated " cash-credit card machine didnt work. No WiFi internet (although sign was still on the front door). When I got in my room: the TV didnt work, wrong key to safe (safe not even bolted down). Bathroom had a strong fecal odor, had to repair the telephone so it would work, the puny quartz heater blew cold air. The Topper: when I tried to lay down I noticed a brown (fecal looking) spot on the sheet--apparently left there by the previous client (ie: the linen had not been changed) --The receptionist suggested :"maybe you put it there". I told her "I dont see how, I havent taken my levis off yet and I will be going to the laundry to wash them now--after I find a new hotel" I have been visiting Amsterdam for the last five years--this is by far worse place I have ever seen.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2005

During this visit we had the same type of experience, as most of our stays at the Aero. Generally clean rooms, but need some upgrading and touch-ups. The new ownership promises a whole new Hotel. But this will probably cause higher prices. For now all is the same and the breakfast is pleasant and staff friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank JimyDavid_8
Reviewed 12 September 2005

Usually always a bit sceptical about Amsterdam hotels BUT this hotel is a great exception. The staff, especially the manager are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are tidy and cleaned well. The location is central and provides easy access to bars and transport. Even the comp. breakfast is rather nice and fresh. The hotel bar, which opens out into the street, used for breakfast is in fact one of the most relaxing places in town to start your day. I will be back for sure. :-)

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2005

The staff is friendly and the hotel is located in a good part of town near the tram. The bar was cozy and we had a very nice breakfast each morning. Unfortunately, we had a small room on the 3rd floor which smelled and had dirty carpeting. There are no elevators so be prepared to lug your luggage up the stairs. The safe in our room didn't work and there were no compatible electrical outlets. The electrical problem was a big deal because I emailed and asked about it and was told there would be an outlet in our room so we didn't take a converter. Also, they advertise wireless internet throughout the hotel. Unfortunately, this wasn't true and we could only get a wireless signal on the first two floors. Finally, we could only get one room and hotel key which was very inconvenient because there were two of us sharing a room.
I hope to visit Amsterdam again sometime very soon but I probably won't stay at the Aero Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2005
2  Thank LancGuy
Dublin
Reviewed 17 January 2005

After many years of visiting Amsterdam I never took up the opportunity of staying at the Aero Hotel, Kerkstraat. Well that has changed. My recent visit was as reported by other users "excellent" and the staff, Yves & Larry were professional in their duties and made my stay enjoyable. A must for any one wanting to stay in "Gay" Amsterdam. My friend wants to go back. This was his 1st ever visit.
Yves has been at the hotel for some years and is a credit to his boss and always has a smile for everyone be they be visitors to the Camp Cafe or residents. All in all this hotel out shines other hotels in the higer Catagories.
Well Done all. See you soon

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 6 December 2004

This was my 0000th visit to Amsterdam. Usually I stay in a hotel provided by the company but this time it was my choice so I went for a Gay hotel. The Aero hotel was for me the one which fit my specs with my own key and in the center near the gay streets. When I got there check in was with a guy who rememberd me from the telephone I think he was called Yves, but don't quote me on that. Breakfast was untill 12 which is a must for late nights I mostly wake up at other hotels just in time to rush down and see it being cleared away THANKS GUYS. When you are Amsterdam check out the pizza place on the reguliersdwarsstraat Saturino they have a big menu, cheap, fast service and the place is always full of cute guys. in the same street there are a number of gay bars inluding the Soho where you should begin your evening or the Other side Coffee Shop the only gay Coffee Shop in Amsterdam. this trip was special and made so by staying in such a nice hotel thanks to the staff they made me feel at home and went just that little bit further to make me comfortable. 4.5 stars

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member