Anco Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Amsterdam
See available hotels
Hotel Vijaya(Amsterdam)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel The Globe(Amsterdam)
Hotel Croydon(Amsterdam)
Hotel Ben(Amsterdam)
Hotel CC(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewsshared facilitiesthe red light districtgreat locationsingle private roomshare bathroomamazing hospitalityinternet servicecentral stationroom overlooked the canalwouldn't stay anywhere elsesmall kitchennoisy at nightnice breakfastcontinental breakfasta great place to stayi highly recommend this hotelstay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The 'Anco Hotel' is a gayhotel located in the red light district of Amsterdam. The location is great for gays as a base of operation to visit clubs, bars ...
It's a little less suited if you're in Amsterdam for (regular) tourism or business. My room was located at the streetside, right opposite a very busy street full of bars and brothels, so I had a lot of noise all night long.
The great thing about the 'Anco' is the friendly and relaxed attitude of the managers and staff. They are extremely nice, respectful and always there to help or have a chat with.
And they are upgrading their hotel all the time... just when I left my bed was going to be replaced by a new one with spring-mattress. And a lot of rooms already have a flatscreen tv.
There's really nothing bad to say about the 'ANCO', you just have to accept that when you choose this hotel you're not going to have a quiet holiday.... but I don't think that those who select this hotel are very concerned about having a good night rest ;-)
It's a basic hotel, the prices are very reasonable, it's located nearby the central station (I walked to the station in less than 10 minutes), you get a good breakfast (with fried egg), everything is clean and the owners are lovely guys ...
Yes, I would recommend this hotel to any gay travelling to Amsterdam!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Thought the place was great for the price. Friendly and clean. Will return

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank bigbloke
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of July. The staff were brilliant from the second I arrived in the taxi. My cases were taken upstairs for me to my room which was totally adequate and more than I expected for the modest price I paid. The room was serviced daily while I had my breakfast which was lovely and the staff were always on hand to keep me right on where best to go to make the best of my time in Amsterdam. The room was always clean and equipped with a TV and vanity sink and although the shower facilities were shared I think this is a small compromise to make for the amazing location and obvious space issues associated with any canal house in Amsterdam.

I would also like to add that the current owners (lovely guys) only took over the hotel in March and seem to have some good plans for the improvment of the rooms, although they are perfectly adequate for the price you pay to stay there at the moment. And having read previous reviews, I know they have already improved the quality of service beyond regognition.

I will definitely be back! Staff are A1! Location is brilliant and the hotel has an excellent atmosphere.

Well done chaps!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank caedonianboy
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Great staff. Room was just ok. Quite noisy part of town. Location is convenient to all including central station. A nice breakfast is included.

Reviewed 29 May 2010

Third visit to Amsterdam and it was our first stay at The Anco. From beginning to end it was a wonderful experience. Everyone who works at The Anco is very friendly and helpful and it made our 4 day stay in Amsterdam very enjoyable.
We stayed in the studio, room 14. Our room had a lovely view of the canal. It was spacious, modern and very clean and had a small kitchen. There was coffee and tea provided.
Also included is a breakfast in the lobby which was very good.
Next time we are visiting Amsterdam we would want stay at The Anco for sure.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple