“Enjoyable tour of an Historic Home” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Museum Het Rembrandthuis (Rembrandt House)

Museum Het Rembrandthuis (Rembrandt House)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$64.85*
and up
Private Tour: Amsterdam Rembrandt Art Walking Tour Including Rijksmuseum
Ranked #24 of 483 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Rembrandt lived and worked from 1639 to 1658 in this 17th-century house, which today is a museum that pays tribute to the artist's life and career.
Los Angeles, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Enjoyable tour of an Historic Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love to see historic homes. This was a very enjoyable and educational tour. I didn't know much about Rembrandt and felt that seeing his home gave me a new perspective on his work and they do also share a bit of his personal history. I'm not an artist, but I was thoroughly entranced by the etching demonstration done in one of Rembrandt's actual workshops. Walking through this museum I was able to imagine how Rembrandt and those of his time really lived.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I was hoping for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I really enjoy Dutch artist. We especially enjoy Vermeer's paintings. I know it is the Rembrandt museum, but they actually have the largest collection of Vermeer's paintings in the world. All four paintings (there are only about 300 in existence) are at this museum. The Kitchen maid being my favorite. Rembrandt's Draper's Guild was my favorite. A bunch of business men sitting at a table busy at work and then you walk in and they all look at you and why your are here. I really appreciated the unpretentious dutch artist they exhibit at this museum. More common man then church influences in my opinion. Doesn't one art class in college make me an expert? My point is that this is the first museum that I have gone to that I could relate to and not try to figure out what the artist was trying to convey. Hope that helps.

Visited April 2014
Norway
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A little insight in Rembrandts life and art”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had an interesting visit to see how Rembrandt lived and worked. You get to learn a little of his techniques and there are works to look at. Worth a visit

New York, NY
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Another unmissable Amsterdam museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

You might think you saw enough of Rembrandt in the Rijksmuseum. You would be mistaken. His home and atelier provide wonderful insight into his aesthetic, down to the materials he collected and the pigments and plates he used for paintings and prints. There is an excellent lecture/demonstration of engraving on the top floor.

Visited April 2014
Frisco, Texas, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Original house was rebuilt to replicate as the house was when owned by Rembrandt and used as his studio and to sell art pieces. Be sure to watch the video presented where you pick up you audio guide. It tells you the story of his life. Very interesting and informative.