“Great Mexican” 4 of 5 bubbles

Los Pilones
Ranked #1,179 of 3,723 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Los Pilones was established in 2001 by three Mexican brothers who aimed to bring the REAL taste of Mexico to Holland. Here you will find only traditional Mexican favourites, not burritos or hard shell tacos, just simple Mex-Mex cuisine and a bright and lively atmosphere unmatched anywhere else in Amsterdam.
Twin Peaks, California
“Great Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

There are nowadays 3 or more Los Pilones in Amsterdam - the one in Jordaan is still my favourite.

Los Pilones has a small but excellent menue with everything you expect from a Mexican restaurant, yet it is beyond the normal Tex Mex kitchen.
If you order tacos with beef, you do not get minced meat filled shells but chunks of great beef with a great sauce and little tortillas to roll and stuff them by yourself.

Strawberry margaritas are very delicious and of course they offer a great variety of Mexican beers and Tequilas.

Every time I am in AMS I drop in.

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
Bristol
“Delicious Mexican food and tequila to finish off the night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were recommended this place and was not disappointed. I had spicy prawns in tortilla. They were so tasty and I felt that I could have eaten another plate even though I was not that hungry to start with. We also had strawberry margarita's which were massive and surprisingly strong. Well I certainly felt tipsy after a couple. They also give you the extra that is left over from making them so we basically had two for one! My friend had a tequila to finish off the night. We got the recommendation from our waiter who was very knowledgeable and told us how tequila is made. Apparently the tequila was amazing.

Lovely little restaurant with delicious food. If you like cocktails and tequila then you can't go wrong!

• Visited February 2014
“Yummy mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a mexican you expect the real deal and traditional tortillas i mean the soft corn kind not the "crispy" ones,,,so here u can fing tacos,enchiladas and delicious drinks meanwhile u enjoy ur food...about to come back there...we enjoyed alot..

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gateshead
“Food not nice!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here the last night of our long weekend away. I was excited as I had read good reviews and I love Mexican food. First impressions were good.. Showed to a spacious table and given menus. Drinks orders taken quickly and arrived quickly. Warning the lemonade is very bitter. We ordered food. Then our mains arrived within about 5mins... Before the starters. The host/?owner was quite unapologetic and just sent over our waitress who said 'I forgot to put your starters through, do you still want them?', no apology. We said yes. Starters were quesadillas which were ok, guacamole was nice. Then main courses returned... Now luke-warm obviously. We each had enchiladas... Mine verde, husband's mole. we've eaten a lot of Mexican food..we've even eaten it in Mexico City and Acapulco.... These enchiladas looked and tasted like no Mexican food I've ever tried. Sloppy, tasteless, swimming in sauce. My husband eats anything, and even he struggled. Chocolate cake was quite nice. Bill was huge considering what we got, and no token for the forgotten starter/cold mains. Shame as the place itself looks good and has a good feel. And clearly popular with the locals. Wouldn't go back other than maybe for cocktails.

Blackpool
“Mexican Dutch style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Arrived one weekday evening at this lively colourful restaurant via a recommendation in our guide book. We weren't disappointed. Food was tasty and well presented and the staff were friendly and helpful. My wife tried a lemon margarita to finish the evening and it was HUGE and came with a little jug containing more to top up her glass with! Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited December 2013