“Meat eaters delight”
Review of Midtown Grill

Midtown Grill
Reserve with
Midtown Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 4,227 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$10 - US$184
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amsterdam's best address for steaks, chops and seafood. Inspired by the tradition of the quintessential New York steakhouses, Midtown Grill is serving up finest USDA certified steaks, irresistible classics and an extensive selection of world class wines. At Midtown Grill the emphasis is on pureness, simplicity, fresh ingredients and quality, which is why the restaurant works with the most premium meat kinds among which the unmatched Creekstone Farms prime USDA certified beef fillet. The restaurant has a warm ambiance with a vibrant view of the bustling part of Amsterdam between the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein. All senses are stimulated here, by the vibrant environment as well as the open kitchen and personal service. #MeatMeAtMidtown
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Steak and seafood seem to be the speciality. I had oysters to start and rib eye for main. Both we prepared to perfection. My companions were equally satisfied with their dishes too. Good service and nice atmosphere.

Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hello Alison D,

Thank you very much for the kind words about our restaurant, we are always happy to serve.
The rib as I mentioned before in previous reviews is my favorite as well and I'm glad you loved it.

Hope to see you soon,

Stefan de Vries

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was right near our hotel so we booked in for new years day.... We were sat down then basically ignored! it took 20 minutes for someone to take or drink order they had forgot about us!! I had to Get up and go to the front desk to ask someone to come and see us! We finally ordered and waited another 45 minutes for our steak... To be honest we felt like walking out!! Service was horrendous, we tried to get the attention of the waiter but were ignored numerous times! When the steak came it was lovely but by then we were so annoyed it ruined the meal. Would not go back again, there is steak just as nice in other restaurants were you are not ignored!!

Dear Beckie S,

Thank you for your feedback, I must say that I'm very surprised that you had this experience in our restaurant, and I will definately follow up and find out what happened exactly. I would ask you though to give us another go on your next visit in Amsterdam I'm sure that we will waw you.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Midtown Grill is a restaurant located within the hotel. It is a 1st class "Steak and Seafood" operation. I selected their 300 gr Dry Aged Ribeye. It was simply excellent. I had not had such a good steak since I had visited the stockyards in Omaha Nebraska. The sides were quite reasonable and they included sautéed mushrooms, creamed spinach, roasted potatoes, and a few more. They even had a lettuce wedge salad with Dutch Blue Cheese dressing for a mere 2.50 euros. Great value and a really great meal.

Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hello Rick,

We are very pleased that we made your night, on your next visit I would like to recommend my favorite on the menu the "Bone in Ribeye" to you.
See you on your next visit to Amsterdam.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice restaurant attached to the Marriott. Had a very nice steak. Great flavor, cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for clients. It offers great service, and it quiet enough to have a nice conversation.

Dear dfndr90,

It is always good to hear that our staff is doing a great job, thank you so much for mentioning that.
I would like to add that our Chefs put their best techniques to use while making these wonderful steaks for you and all guests that enter in our restaurant.
See you soon.

My best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The restaurant food and atmosphere is good but the service is not okay. I went there when I had just arrived Amsterdam as it locates not far from my hotel. When I entered this restaurant at around 9:00 pm and the restaurant was only half full. I kept waiting in the front desk for more than 15 mins and I was told that I could only sit on the bar table as all the table was booked. The fact was when I left, there were many empty tables. Price is on a high side but service is so so. I was quite disappointed as it supposes should be a nice restaurant.

Stefan d, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Nature lover,

Thank you for your feedback and our excuses for the long wait at the hostess stand.
Eventhough the restaurant was half empty as you came they were taken with reservations which were made before hand, because we tend to be booked pretty quick.
I hope that you enjoyed the quality product that we served, just a shame that we could not meet your expectations on the service level.
I hope that you would give us another shot on your next visit.

Best regards,