“Great little find for a delicious meal”
Review of Brasserie Blazer

Brasserie Blazer
Ranked #600 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, International, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stumbled onto this place looking for al-fresco dining during a warm summer evening. There are tons of cafe's in Amsterdam that fit the bill but I didn't want to be crowded out by other tourists. There was good mix of locals and tourists there when I plopped myself down on a table by the canal. I wasn't expecting the food to be as good as it turned out to be. I had the catch of the day which was very delicious and beautifully presented.

2  Thank happyfeet54

Reviewed 21 June 2013

My wife and I travel quite a bit and always find having a good meal in a tourist town very difficult. There are just so many recommendations in the internet which are very personal and overwhelming at times. Tonight, we happened to walk by this place around dinner time, and we gave it a try. The recommendation from the bar tender (most likely the owner) called for catch of the day, and we also order confit de canard. Both dishes came with very good portion of vegetables (fresh), and the fish was cooked very well, the confit is not salty but cured sufficiently. And they were nicely presented. The servers were all very pleasant and attentive. This little place was completely full with local people by the time we left at 7 pm. Prices are very reasonable, much better than many of the ones around the inner core of Amsterdam which are too touristy, very pushy and greedy.

2  Thank 154913Mike
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Great little resto with locally specialities picked menu. As for me I always search for places with good wifi connection and Blazer in Amsterdam has everything. Great snacking, you can browse Internet on your iPad and to top it off it's located next to an antique shop/market. I was staying in the hood for a weekend and this has become my dinner, I enjoy typically Amsterdam Crockett sandwich and totally delicious goats cheese toast with salad and nuts. The staff is naturally friendly and on the nice day you can sit by the canal and still browse your iPad. The antique market is fantastic, lot of little treasures selled by local residents or you can visit a bit more pricier shops attached to market with the entrance thru this brasserie Blazer. Lovely place, well recommended for family or single guy, girl

4  Thank Jiri S
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is a small bistro with the friendliest bartender and waiter in Amsterdam. Their recommendations for beer and food (amazing broccoli soup) were perfect. We ate there on our first night, and it set the tone for the rest of our visit. It was also a great value. I highly recommend this small pub near Leidenplein.

3  Thank judywes
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stopped by here for lunch. We got the club sandwich and the warm goat cheese salad. The club sandwich was very basic as it was placed on two white toasted breads with some egg, bacon and tomatoes in the middle. The salad was very good with a ton of warm goat cheese. Although, the salad was the highest priced item on the menu, guess they have to cover the cost of the goat cheese. You can certainly shop for antiques from your seat as the inside of the place opens up to antique market.