“Your everyday stake house”
Review of Maximus

Maximus
Ranked #1,553 of 3,814 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Your everyday stake house”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

As we had not made reservations for new years eve, and this was close to the hotel we decided to give it a try. We got seated immediately. That night they had a special new years eve menu but there was still a lot to choose from. I had the lamb and my friends had the chicken. The meat was perfectly done, and the fires were ok. The dish did miss a sauce to give it an extra touch. But for what it cost, we were quite happy with the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
“Avoid at all cost!!!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We came across this restaurant as we walked up to the hard rock beside it and decided to give it a go just for something different, and what a disaster of a place, my partner and i are a young couple and not fussy people so it takes a lot to turn me against a place, but a packet of soup n a night in front of corrie(which i hate) wud be better than this place, after a look at the menu and realising the choice is minimal we just went with the steak fillet with two sides mine medium me gf's well done, both came out mooing on the plate, we didnt complain ate them with the lettuse (salad) frozen chips and we decided not to

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Perfect steak, delicious meal all round & great, fast service!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My boyfriend and I had originally wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe for food but after being told there was an hours wait, we decided to go back to the steakhouse we saw on the way there... we were not disappointed! The steak was cooked to perfection, no fat & so delicious. I literally cleared my plate and so did my boyfriend with his mixed grill. The service was great, the atmosphere too. Would definitely visit here again!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank lilbec29
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A must go if you're in the area!!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We visited here on Christmas Eve, my partner and I. The restaurant is very nicely decorated and had a very welcoming feel. The staff very extremely friendly and the service was quick, the restaurant was fairly busy but we were not kept waiting for any noticeable time. We had baked cheese and garlic bread for starters, then we both had gorgeously grilled steaks. We had fries and salad on the side. The entire meal was excellent and not too badly priced at around 75 euros for two starters, two main meals with side dishes, a half carafe of house white and a beer. We were staying at the Best Western Appollomuseum hotel which is a 5 minute walk from the restaurant, so the location for us was perfect. The restaurant is also a 5 minute stroll from Vondelpark. We would definitely visit this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank missannenoid
Antwerp, Belgium
“Average food, friendly staff -> good for quick meal (if you don't mind a cat's walking over your table)”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

friendly staff
quick service
reasonably priced

medium quality steaks
awful french fries
there is a CAT sitting in the couch and walking around!!!!

• Visited November 2013