“Affordable Luxury Dining”
Review of Serre Restaurant

Serre Restaurant
Reserve with
Serre Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great restaurant which is inspired by Ciel Bleu but at a far more affordable cost 35 euros for a three course meal and it was delicious. Request a table on the patio and say hello to Chef Marc!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had a business dinner at Serre. The food and service were wonderful. I would definately have a meal here again. The cheese I had for desert may of been the best cheese I have ever had.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My experience was smooth, but quite average. Good classic food, well prepared and presented. Quite tasty. I liked local lamb. We came in a quite a large group. Service was moving at a nice pace and overall atmosphere was enjoyable. Saying that this dinner will not stand out as an experience, but rather will blend in many many other diners exactly like this. Very nice, but nothing special.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We dined at Serre having had drinks at the sky bar (fab sunset views, well worth it!). I was dining with my partner and a family member who reviews hotels for a living so no pressure! The restaurant was full (conference revellers) so I was interested to see what the service would be like. As the little brother of Ceil Bleu I expected a good representation of the 2 star cuisine on the 23rd floor. Hummmmmm............

Service was good given the number of people in the restaurant. The space is not designed for that many people though and I had to shout to have a conversation with my fellow diners. Water arrived immediately with the menus. We opted for the Bibendum menu (3 course) as we could only get a table at 9.00pm due the afore mentioned conference folks. 2 salmon fillet and 1 cannelloni gratin later we were a little underwhelmed. Fish and chips “Serre Style” was quite nice whilst the other half went for the asparagus mains. Desert consisted of warm (yes warm) crème bruelee, brueleed at the table. Crème brulee should never be kept under glass on the desert trolly!!!! The wine “arrangement” to accompany the meal was lacking; the pairings didn’t quite work. The waitress was not very wine savvy so I would recommend more effort in training the staff. All in all, average pickings but the location is excellent and of course, the sky bar makes up for the somewhat lacklustre dins.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Arriving for an early dinner to an empty place, we were told all tables were reserved but we could use one of the low tables were your knees touch your chin. We accepted only to realize that only two out of the dozen tables were used when we left. How about asking how long you intend to stay and to place us at a table which had been reserved for a later diner? Sometimes imagination is not at the forefront of some service people. A ptiy