“Friendly staff, clean & spacious room”
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Hotel Notting Hill
Ranked #86 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
Zurich, Switzerland
“Friendly staff, clean & spacious room”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

A short stay, made very pleasant by friendly staff, at a stylish, well-located hotel.
The staff were very helpful with all our enquiries and we enjoyed an evening drink by the waterside. The room was one without a view, but this wasn't a problem - we were there to explore the city, and on this point the hotel was excellent. There is a tram/bus stop a few meters from the hotel, a nearby market and very good restaurants.
Amsterdam has many visitors and I appreciated the fact that this hotel was quiet and not on a busy street.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristen024
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Dear Kristen,

thank you for your great review. We are happy that you have enjoyed Amsterdam, thank you for your compliment about our location, we are very well located in a quiet part of the centre and with a short walk you can enjoy all the action of Amsterdam. Next time you can stay longer and we will have great recommendations for you to enjoy the city even more :)!

Thank you again and we look forward welcoming you again!

Warm Regards,
Team Notting Hill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

Brilliant hotel - great room and very helpful and professional staff - bar is excellent and reception a unique and interesting sight - don't hesitate to book it - easy access to museums and everything bit very quiet. breakfasts overpriced but 9euro continental breakfast ok.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Really nice hotel - had a room overlooking the river situated in a nice part of Amsterdam away from the tourist traps, me and 6 friends rode our bikes (the best way to get around the Dam) from Central station to the hotel about 30 mins uros n a hot summers day, Friendly staff very helpfull and always greeting us with a nice smile, Only gripe was the price of breakfast @ 20 euros!! and very expensive drinks at the bar 49 euro for 6 drinks!! shame they didnt have a happy hour like Hotel V just around the corner, but hey big room nice bathroom comfortable bed and really big windows overlooking the bridge and river was an excellent location. Got a tram into Rembrant sqare one evening for around 4 euros each then a taxi back at 4am for 15 euros. Great hotel would recommend even more if only could include breakfast

Room Tip: we had 3 rooms between us and all were great
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Booked a double room for 3 nights (28 September - 1 October 2011) through the hotel's website and paid a total of 387 Euros (breakfast not included).

Took a cab from the train station to the hotel which took about 15 minutes. Asked the staff to help me with the luggage as I had 2 large suitcases with me. Staff was friendly and helped me check whether I can take a bus to the Aalsmeer flower auction but it took ages before they found where is the bus station I could take the bus.

As for the room, really not that exciting. It's spacious, but it's weird shaped and I didn't quite like the decor. The TV is not in front of the bed but on the side which wasn't very nice. The bed and pillows were alright, not particularly comfortable. My biggest problem lies with the toilet, it's huge but there was no bath and only a shower in it, one of the perks of staying at a hotel is to take a nice bath after a long day out. I didn't have time to research and needed to book a hotel very last minute, if I knew there was no bath, I would never have booked it. Ordered room service the 1st night and the food arrived quickly and was lovely.

I stayed at another hotel this year (Hotel JL No 76). I cannot compare the room rates as I booked it as part of a package and also because I went for the best room at Hotel JL No 76, but I loved the room, vibe and location of Hotel JL No 76 much more than Hotel Notting Hill.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank missvontravels
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My wife and I went here for a weekend getaway and we treated ourselves to a 4 star boutique hotel with a central location, between Nieuwmarkt and the museums.. We paid 300 Euro for the two nights and I think that was the right price. We skipped the 20 Euro breakfast buffet - there are so many nice cafés in the area to have a good breakfast for a fraction off that.

The hotel is very new and evrything is a bit funky and contemporaty, but in a very modest way. It is packed with high tech and electronic touch-control panels. We never really figured out how to operate the lights and the mini bar was a vending machine for softdrinks and beer. What happened to real mini bars, where one could get a drink?

A word of warning: the water in the shower can get very hot. I actually burned myself and it was only my reflexes that saved me from serious injuries.

The bar and restaurant area was quite empty and we did not try it either. I find it strange that so many hotels do nothing to get their guests to vist the bar (a voucher for a free drink, some entertainment, special rates for guests...). I like to hang in hotel bars but I do not like to be alone in a bar.

Service was good, but perhaps a bit slow. We got good restaurant recommendations and the usual help with luggage and taxi. A strange thing was the email I sent the week before, asking for assistance with bicycle rental. I never even got a reply. I simple "no" would have been better.

To sum it up: good hotel, but lacking the "It-factor" it obviously is aiming for. Serive is good but nothing extra. Gives you a good nights sleep and connects you to the rest of Amsterdam. No more, no less.

Room Tip: I don't think it is worth to pay extra for the chemmel view. The view is quite dull anyway and A...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed at the Notting Hill this week (Aug 6th to 9th 2012). Super hotel, lovely friendly staff, room super, breakfast super. Hotel receptionist recommended an Indosnesian restaurent and it was superb. We had read a lot of reviews before going, but forget them all. Some people had said don't take a basement room, well we had one and as we were out sightseeing all the time, it did not matter. Room was beautifully decorated and oh so comfy. No problems staying in basement. The shower was terrific, the bed was oh so comfy and the pillows fab. I went with a pal and we were both celebrating our birthdays. Could not fault this hotel in any way. On my next visit with my wife will definately stay there, so central to everything. Felt very safe walking round Amsterdam even at night, lovely place , lovely people.

Room Tip: If all the rooms are like the one we had, you're stay will be excellent.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The hotel is very nice, staff is excellent. We had two rooms, they both had nice decor and clean - the staff in general was very good. Close to the Heineken Museum. Great location! the Bar and Rest are small but god quality, the location is also close to tram and canal cruise. You can walk most everywhere. Good restaurants close by.

Room Tip: View to the canal will be good
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family