“Good stay”
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Hotel Notting Hill
Ranked #74 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I usually do not stay in hotels in NL, so I was curious how this hotel would turn out. And I was not disappointed. Friendly staff, good beds, nice amenities; all you wish for.
Definitely worth considering if you are going to A'dam.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NLBanker
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Nlbanker,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor and to read that you enjoyed a excellent stay at Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Notting Hill

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed here June 14-16, 2013. Hotel is located about 10 min tram ride on the #4 from the Centraal Station. While slightly removed from the main tourist area, this hotel is modern with lovely boutique feel, within walking distance to some nice local restaurants and cafes. A nice respite from the crowds. My room (104) didn't have canal view but it was much larger than most European hotel rooms. Bathroom was big with tub and rainfall shower. Could hear noise in the morning but not enough to disturbe me. Staff was helpful and bar was a nice place to have a night cap. Free wi-fi. If you can splurge in a room here, I would. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: 104 is on ground level. Large enough for 2 travelers but no canal view. Close to the bar.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LostInLaliland

Dear Lostinlaliland,

Thank you for your feedback. Next time book a Canal View room and you will have lovely Canal view!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Can't fault the hotel's location on Westeinde 26 across the street from the Central Bank of the Netherlands. Good access to transit links. I stayed two nights on business and it is clear this is NOT a business hotel. Arrived after a 12 hour flight to be told that my room would not be ready until 3 pm. I had meetings back-to-back starting at 12pm and asked if I could quickly use a room to change and shower. Told this was not possable and I then asked if I could use a gym shower or other room to change, request was met with a firm No. So, spent the day in the same clothes as I had flown in. Informed the front desk that my plans had changed and that I'm departing a day early; I met my final bill with an extra day's charge. When asked why, I was told that I had to give 48 hours notice and I had only given 24. My Firm had a group staying and you would have thought they would have been flexable. I paid the bill under protest to a disinterested desk staff and left. Our group travel centre has take the hotel off our hotel list for the Amsterdam and we are not returning. Mostly stay at the Amstel or Hotel Pulitzer on Prinsengracht and have never had a problem with either early arrival or departure and never been over charged for an extra night when given 24 hours notice. Best of all, when I ask if they were full I was told they would easly on-sell my room.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank s b

Dear SB,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed our check in time is from 15.00. We always try to be flexible with this. Because we are a smaller hotel it is not always possible to check in earlier then this time. We hope you understand this. To avoid this situation it is always better, if you have an early flight, to book the night before. This is what we have advised your Group Travel Centre during your booking. Offcourse it is always possible to leave your luggage in our hotel before your check in. We may inform you that in October we will open our Gym. In here it is possible to change and have a shower.

Our standard cancelation policy is 48 hours, this is also what you have agreed on during your reservation process. We are sorry to hear this was not clear to you.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice hotel, boutique like. It's my favourite in Amsterdam: great rooms very nice decorated & furbished, very modern, excelent service. The lobby are is also nice if you need to spend time there, genuine idea to use luggage as hotel decoration. The location is at foot-walk from Heineken Experience and Amsterdam bazar - must-see in the city. Highly recommended :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Andra,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Second stay here with two years apart. Positivly surprised it is still excellent. One of my worldwide favorite hotels. 5 star feel, worth every penny. Superb beds and sheets, great design of the rooms and gereral areas. When in amsterdam no doubt, go here.
But please.. Dont go all at once!! :))

• Stayed: June 2013
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Mr van Oort,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor and to read that you enjoyed a good stay at Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very modern and Technology enabled hotel in a great Amsterdam location. Good pricing for a very high end hotel and near all of the museums and one of the main Tram lines. Definitely worth checking out with a great in house restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Ask for canal side and get above the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear James,

Reviewed 30 May 2013

When choosing our hotel we were pulled between price, location and comfort. We decided on the Notting Hill - a little more than we had initially meant to spend but felt it was the best hotel we could get this close to the action A’dam has to offer - there were cheaper closer options but they didn't look anywhere as nice.
We are so glad we paid the extra - the hotel was gorgeous, beautifully decorated, well laid out, very helpful staff, good amenities - proper coffee machine in our room, the bathroom was lush - the best shower experience we ever had! The only hotel bed my husband has not complained about - he slept all night! We had booked a basement room as this was the best deal - so we were very pleasantly surprised we had 2 large windows! It was my birthday we were celebrating and the hotel had decorated our room with ballons and left chocolates on the bed with birthday wishes - its touches like this that say a lot about hotel to my mind.
The downside to this room - towels were small and you wouldn't want to stay here with anyone that you were not intimate with! The door to bathroom was glass (frosted) but had a gap around it and there were shutters between the toilet and bedroom! Our tactic - put the TV on and turn the volume up!
The location of the hotel was great. Tram 4 was outside front door of hotel and 7, 10 and 25 were round the corner. It was a 30 minute walk back to central station and 10 minute to museum quarter if you wanted to walk.
We didn't try the hotel restaurant but we did check out the bar and would highly recommend it for a drink before and or after dinner.
If you are like us – umming and ahhing about were to book, ake the plunge and book the Notting Hill – we would definitely come back here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple