“big fan”
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Hotel Notting Hill
Ranked #72 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 July 2013

out of the hustle and bustle is an independent boutique hotel. Nice linens, comfortable pillows, a/c that actually works, seats and water at reception - all the nice touches. It's also on a couple of tram lines, and near a great street for food and drink/people-watching.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Mblaise,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor and to read that you enjoyed a excellent stay at Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My son and I stayed for 2 nights and the hotel staff were very accommodating. We usually stay at larger chain hotels but had a hard time finding a room one week before arriving in Amsterdam. The rooms are exactly as you see in the pictures and very clean. A fire alarm happen to go off in the middle of the night and the next morning when we came back from breakfast there was a package of dutch cookies and a handwritten note from hotel management for the inconvenience. The hotel is also in walking distance to all the major museums. The staff and service were excellent and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Canyon,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel has a great location whilst still being well priced. Apart from our journey to and from Central station we were able to walk everywhere. Our room was on the second floor, reasonable size but nicely decorated. Whilst I can fall asleep as soon as shutting my eyes my partner did find it hard getting to sleep where we were just by the tram line so this was one downfall for him.

The one thing that makes this hotel though is the staff. This is one of the few hotels I have been to where we felt valued as customers. Our flight to Amsterdam was due to arrive around 9am so I emailed asking about leaving our luggage with the hotel, within 10 minutes Kimberley at reception had replied assuring me that was fine. The day before we flew I also found a restaurant that was close by, as said restaurant had no email I asked if they could call and make a reservation. Again Kimberley said not a problem, they had a few issues getting through to the restaurant which was still the case upon checking in however when taking our names they updated us that they would still keep trying. This service continued throughout the trip, more reservations, directions and advice. They guys at the bar were also friendly and this was also a convenient spot to drink at before heading out in the evening.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, really good value taking into account all of the above. A big thank you to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your feedback. Next time please ask us for a room at the back side, we are more then happy to alocated your room there. All the best and greetings from Kimberly.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I booked at the Notting Hill by default. The trip hadn't been planned and many of the available hotels were charging outrageous prices. It was an excellent surprise.

The hotel is new, away from downtown but on a direct tram line to the Dam and Central station.

The reception is very pretty, with the back wall made entirely of old leather suitcases. No desk, but a table and armchairs.

The small bar and dining room are warm and very nicely appointed. I had dinner at the Londen restaurant and enjoyed it very much.
Breakfast is fine, slightly disappointing if you like cheese. For a cheese country, the selection is paltry. But the bread is excellent and coffee is made to order.

The staff, both at reception and in the restaurant, are very courteous and pleasant.

Free wifi with a stable connection.
New hotel = modern hotel = fun gadgets, like having the do not disturb sign on your door light up in red. The mini bar is also unusual. Coffee and tea in the room.

My room was very comfortable. My only grievance is that it was obviously designed with business men in mind. The warmth of the public rooms does not apply. You had better love grey, black, beige and steel. One small colored token cushion does not warm up a room.

This is also valid for the black and white bathroom. Spacious bathroom with one of the best showers I've seen in a while. But the light is very cold and the side mirror has been adjusted for a man, i.e. too high for an average size woman. Ample bathroom supplies (please maid, check the boxes aren't empty) but oddly, no tissues. I would have gladly traded the courtesy comb for a box of kleenex.

All in all, I'm glad I discovered the place and shall definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the tram tracks are surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Imforestgirl,

Thank you for your feedback about the amenities. We have now added tissues standard to our amenities.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I usually stay on business trips in the usual large chain hotels. However this time by last-minute booking I ended up in Hotel Notting Hill. This was not a punishment at all! What a great place, extremely nicely decorated, fine rooms, very stylish, well-equipped bathroom, fresh breakfast. Suitable both for leisure as business traveller. Very good value for money, service with a smile. Highly recommendable!!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr Hoeff,

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have more or less lived in this hotel for the last 9 months commuting between London and Amsterdam for work. The staff are all amazing: professional, friendly and helpful - they all went out of their way to make me feel really at home, and appreciated as a customer. The rooms are nicely decorated, modern and the beds very comfortable. The restaurant is cozy and serves high quality food. They are interested in customer feedback and looking to constantly improve the experience of their guests. The location is terrific. I have stayed in hotels all over Amsterdam in the past 8 years, and this is the one that I chose to call home for 9 months. I recommend it to all my friends and business associates!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Cristina,

Thank you for your sweet review and we were very happy having you for 9 months in our hotel. All the best from all our staff!

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I usually do not stay in hotels in NL, so I was curious how this hotel would turn out. And I was not disappointed. Friendly staff, good beds, nice amenities; all you wish for.
Definitely worth considering if you are going to A'dam.

• Stayed: June 2013