“Good hotel”

Ranked #87 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
Askola, Southern Finland, Finland
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel five nights. Hotel was great, and staff too. Only minus points I have to give. One for the breakfast, where wasnt any fresh vegetables. Another minus comes for the free-wifi, it doesnt work during 10pm to 6am.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TKirsiT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

From the moment we arrived at this hotel we were impressed. Immaculately maintained, very friendly staff and a quiet, slightly out of the way location.

The room was very spacious with an extremely comfortable bed and we could hear no noise from any neighbours. The bar upstairs is a little pricey but a nice atmosphere to wind down after a day of exploring Amsterdam. We didn't try the restaurant so I can't comment on that.

Location is quite good, it's a little bit further out from the centre but it's still a comfortable walk, or there is a tram stop right at the front door if you are feeling a little lazy at times. Restaurants nearby include a very nice Italian place and if you've been travelling for a while there is a laundromat across the road.

I imagine there are a lot of good hotels in Amsterdam but I'll be staying here again if I ever return there!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This review is based solely on the hotel and not on its location or proximity to museums/tourist sites. I had a business meeting in town, arrived the night before and only stayed here one night. My colleague found/booked this hotel when we were unable to use our corporate hotel as it was fully booked. That said, my colleague also raved about this place and intends to return to this hotel and forgo ever using the corporate hotel again.

The hotel is really modern, well maintained and the staff are all super friendly.

The room was also great, featuring a comfortable bed and great pillows. Bathroom was somewhat open to the bedroom, with a 'window' with louvered shutters. It didn't bother me but perhaps that might bother a couple staying in the room (slight lack of privacy?). Hotel has free wifi.

Breakfast was good and the chef is there to cook you up eggs if you want.

Parking is a 3 min walk away - you will need the key to access their parking garage so drop off your bags when you check in but before you park the car.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Naestved
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Nice Hotel in good location. Spacious, fully equipped rooms. Centrally situated, next door to Marked place. Easy walking distance to all Museums and entertainments. Canal tours available anywhere around. Visit the small cozy restaurant WINK at Govert Flinkckstraat 326 (3 mins walking from Hotel). Very good value for money and fantastic ambience, food and service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Notting Hill in 2012 and liked it so much I returned for 2 nights recently. My return trip was just as nice as the first visit. We arrived early (10am) and were not able to check in which was fine as there are so many things to see nearby. The Albert Cuyp Market is a very short walk as is the Heineken experience; Rembrandt Plaza is also an easy walk.

The check in was very efficient and our luggage was waiting in our room after our sightseeing morning. Rooms are very comfortable and street noise in the 2nd floor was minimal. The only thing I could find any fault with is the noise from our neighbors door slamming in the night. The doors are spring loaded so they close (slam) if you aren't careful.

We got a great Thai restaurant recommendation from the bar tender. Don't hesitate to ask any of the staff for restaurant ideas, etc.

I'm a big fan of the hotel; I'm sure it will be top of my list next time I'm in Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Loved this place. From the second you walk in, with the creative suitcase backdrop to reception, I had a great experience. Staff were exceptionally helpful. Room was great and the location spot on (for my needs at least!). We booked in a big group of global travellers and they were all impressed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dreblowski
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Deblowski,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor and to read that you enjoyed a good stay at Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

With kind regards,

Team Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The company that I do consultancy for recommended that I stay in this hotel this time. Their reasons were getting to the city and to their office would be easy and that it was a quiet and clean hotel. They were right on both counts.

In addition to the plusses mentioned before I found the staff to be professionals and eager to assist. The hotel has a good dining place and the food prepared well and reasonably priced. The room was well designed and the bed clean with everything around it just near perfectly placed. The bathroom was spotless with all amenities one can think of. The bathrobes and the slippers made it even more relaxing.

There are rooms to choose from, which also will reflect on the rates. I stayed in a double room with canal view. I was happy with it and will book it again when I return.

All in all this is a very nice hotel and I would recommend people to check it out. It is a good value for money, close to activities well connected, but allowing some space and quiet.

Room Tip: My personal choice was a room with canal view and at a higher floor. This allowed me to have a good...