“Great location - small rooms”
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Hotel Notting Hill
Ranked #76 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed over New Years Eve and wanted a hotel within walking distance of the centre of town. For the rest of the time having a tram stop accross the road was a big help. The rooms vary in size and worthwhile asking for a larger one. (they cost the same).

Service was efficient and the rooms were spotless.

Room Tip: Ask for larger rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Notting Hill

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Located at one of the cannels in Amsterdam this charming Hotel makes you feel like at home. Rooms are beautiful designed but they have as well some rooms what are on a -1 one floor with a small window. Very friend staff , good quality of restaurant

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Notting Hill in late December 2013 for five days. The hotel is in a great location, as it is within walking distance to major sites and there are many restaurants and bars located nearby. Although there is a street car stop in front of the hotel, we did not need to use this public transit, as we were able to walk everywhere from the hotel and we walked the entire span of the city.

The hotel is newly and nicely decorated. Our room was spacious enough for the duration of our trip. The room included a safe, iron and ironing board, mini fridge, coffee machine, clothes cabinet, desk with chair, a small chair next to a side table, and two night stands. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom is very spacious for European standards. Our room was located on the first floor (not the basement level), and it faced the street car tracks with a partial canal view. We did not find the street car to be loud or frequent.

We choose to have the breakfast buffet charged to our room rate each day, and we are glad we did so! The breakfast buffet consisted of juice, breads, pastries, fruit, and yogurt; hot food included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, and other selections that varied from day to day. The wait staff will bring you coffee, tea, cappuccino, etc.

The hotel staff were very professional and friendly. Our room was ready upon our mid-morning arrival (we arrived around 11am).

We enjoyed our long stay at the hotel. We would stay at this hotel again, and we would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROKChicago_IL
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was for 3 days business trip to Amsterdam and I like this hotel a lot! The hotel has definitelly original idea of enterier! The staff is friendly and smiling all the time. They are very halpful. The hotel is modern featured with touch control screens for the lights in the rooms... I really like this feature, becuase I love modern electronic devices. Also, for the sign "do not disturb" or "please clean my room" instead of paper, you use touch control screens... The most thing that I LOVED was the Nespresso coffee machine in the room with 6 coffee capsules (3 types) that are refilled every day... I was using the machine all the time... and what is great about it, is completely free of charge! The rooms are modern, with great spacious king size bed and big bathroom! The windows are soundproof! The only thing that bothered me was that the staff at the reception didn't give me a chance to call a taxi that I wanted to pick me up from the hotel to the airport (which was cheaper alternative, for ex. 20 euros - it was taxi bus shuttle with which I came from the airport to the hotel in the first place), but they said that they can call the taxi company that they cooperate with on a regular basis (and this company charges 50 euros one way)! The excuse was that they don't trust to the other taxi bus shuttle companies. Maybe they won't come...?! So, I had to use a public transport to go to the airport because I wanted to travel with cheaper transportation! So, I had the experience with the public transportation which is great also, why? Because in front of the hotel there is a tram station that will bring you to the central train station from where you can take train, that goes every 20 minutes to the airport! All in all I would definitelly stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is very modern, rooms clean, fresh, spacey and en-suite clean, and modern, location around a 20 min walk to centre of Amsterdam, i didnt rate the hotels food, menu didnt have much choice but other than that perfect hotel for a short stay :) i would definitely go back again. Tram stops directly opposite hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very Nice design hotel not far from the center and at a walking distance from the main museums and other curiosities of Amsterdam. I said it's alone on the hill for all the other hotels around are on the one hand quite small and bleak ( some of them) and others were rather expensive

The room is small but nicely design, on the other hand the bathroom was quite large . The staff very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is not included and quite dear we chose to go out and have breakfast on cafés nearby.

Nevertheless I shall recommend this nice hotel.

Room Tip: book a room on the top floors with a view either to the street or the canal
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have stayed here now a number of times and I totally love this hotel. It starts with the reception and the staff, super friendly and accommodating - always. The place has a great look & feel. modern, warm and inviting. But there is also eye to little details like water with fresh lemons in the lobby and sweets near the elevators.
The rooms are great, nicely decorated, with lots of space and fully equipped with everything imaginable, even with a wonderful Nespresso coffee maker. The bathrooms are fantastic with loads of towels and amenities. The beds are great and have many pillows, with a very easy touch screen light switch to manage all lights in the room.
The bar is great and the food in the restaurant was very good, had a lovely deer stew last this December. Also here the staff and service are great.
The location is perfect - a tram stop in front of the hotel but just a few minutes walking distance away are the lovely De Pijp area, Albert Cuyp Markt, or Utrechtsestraat.
So if you´re looking for a little gem, and a boutique hotel in a great location, I can totally recommend this.

Room Tip: I would suggest to choose a room with a double bed and not in the basement. Last time I had a room i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends