Bilderberg Garden Hotel
Hotel Sander(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Cara(Amsterdam)
1,589 results
All reviewsexecutive roomresidential areajacuzzi bathcity centretram stopnice hotelturn down servicebusiness hotelquiet locationmuseum quarterminute walkmini barcomfortable roomsper daypublic transportationcity taxdam square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I wasn't overly impressed with this hotel. Average is the best word to describe it. I'm not a big fan of writing negative reviews of things as I try to find the positives in everything so here they are: The staff were very friendly and helpful, the end. It does not deserve 5* quality in my opinion even though my wife tried explaining to me why it has it. I personally couldn't see it as the room was nothing to write home about and nothing stood out to me as luxury quality apart from the appearance of the staff. It is in a quiet area as it is far away from the city proper so if you are looking for a escape from the hustle and bustle of the city centre then this is the hotel for you. I feel very "meh" writing this review but I thought it best to share my apathy for this establishment but please feel free to pay for the privilege of making up your own minds :)

Room Tip: The standard rooms do not have free wi-fi.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sachael_Ram
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We've been there for a couple of days and the stuff had helped us with all we needed, everything we looked for was near, our friends visited us and we were satisfied. Breakfast was good. And the Portier was very friendly. Nice room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

From outside, it looks like a motel. To make a matter worse, it is located in an area far far away from the attractions. Do not have a bit of luxury feeling stay inside. Have absolutely no idea how it gets five stars. Any recommendation? one word: RUN.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hzhou
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Our introduction to this quiet, attractive hotel in a lovely area of Amsterdam epitomized our entire stay there. The concierge and desk staff were friendly and attentive, making us feel immediately at home. The breakfast was sumptuous - we especially enjoyed the thick crusted brown bread that was often warm, and local cheeses - and the room was very comfortable and had a lovely view of brick houses out of a Dutch genre painting. Our contacts with the staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. We were able to walk to the museums, and the tram stop to the center was close by. After a busy day we enjoyed drinks by a fire in the lounge. Because it was our anniversary, my husband asked the concierge where he might buy flowers; later, we were surprised to find a bottle of champagne chilling in a bucket in our room. We were sorry to leave and vowed to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Went to Amsterdam for a 2 day break to see the christmas market and lights. Lovely hotel, very clean and in a quiet location. Rooms were spacious with the comfiest bed I have ever slept in in a hotel. We used the trams to get about, there is a tram stop 5 minutes from the hotel and it takes just minutes by tram to the museums and 10 minutes to the centre of the city. Get your 48hour tram ticket from reception. We never used the hotel restaurant for breakfast as quite expensive but loads of places to eat in the city. You can hire bikes from the hotel but we didn't have time maybe next visit. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family