“Real Indian food!”
Review of Mother India

Mother India
Reserve with
Mother India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,712 of 3,955 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian
Description: With more than 20 years of experience, you can be assured that the chef of Mother India is capable of creating the authentic taste of Indian cuisine for diners in Amsterdam. Only the freshest and highest quality ingredients are used to prepare each guest's meal, and the menu is designed to satisfy any palate. Offering dishes that range from very mild to very spicy, the staff know that regular guests will want to try something different with each visit, and so a variety of options are always available. The restaurant is set in a prime location and is easily accessible via many trams and buses, inviting guests from all corners of Amsterdam and the surrounding area to come enjoy true Indian cuisine.
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Real Indian food!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My partner and I went for dinner and we enjoyed every dish we ordered. I am very bad with names but I guarantee that everything was real high quality Indian food!!!

We definitely will come back!!!

• Visited August 2014

San Francisco, California
“Great Northern Indian Food”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The restaurant is in a charming area, slightly outside of the bustling tourist area, but easily accessible by several trams. My husband had the lamb sagh--and declared it was one of the best he has had. I had the incredible chicken tikki masala and aloo (potatoes and peas in a lovely sauce). Both of us were very close to swiping our last bits of sauce with our fingers, to make sure we didn't leave a single drop. We had a rich and creamy ice cream for dessert--really too much, but it was delicious. The price was great for Amsterdam (or anywhere): about $50 for both of us (we had a prix fixe dinner and one beer each). Service was very good. We were the only customers in the restaurant on a Saturday night, but we noticed that it was doing a steady carry out/delivery business. If we lived in Amsterdam, we would dine here once a week.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank wryan_11
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Wonderful experience - great food”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I generally don't write public reviews, but this one is worth mentioning. Its a treat to dine at motherindia; One of the best places to have good north Indian food and a very friendly owner. its a recommendation from an Indian.

• Visited February 2014
Teesside
“Lovely! good value”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stumbled upon this on our first night in Amsterdam. Delicious very good value we had Chicken Dhansak, Chicken Korma with Peshwari naan and rice for 2 with a drink each came to about 25euros. Service was brilliant lady serving was very chatty and friendly. Defo recommend!

Visited November 2013
“Amazing Indian food at a good price!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

I lived in Amsterdam for three years, and whenever I wanted Indian, I would order from here. The samosas are perfectly spiced, the chicken tikka balti was my favorite item on the menu, along with their keema naan. Only order the chicken tikka balti if you like spicy food (I love it!!!). The food from here is one of the things I miss most about Amsterdam.