The good points first:
- Location, location, location. Quiet, yet close to all the museums, shops, and restaurants (10-15 minute walk)
- Good in-room facilities (eg nespresso machine, flat screen telly, and best of all, three-pin socket so no adaptors required)
- Some problems with the housekeeping / levels of cleanliness. Room not ready when we arrived at 3pm. Housekeeper called but the room left quite dusty in places. Worst of all was finding staining (old, dried blood) on the pillow when I went to bed that evening. Although it was sorted out, problems like this could be avoided by using pillow protectors that can be laundered.
- Comfort room small. Lack of hanging space was irritating - not place to hang towels or anything longer than shirts. Bathroom contained toilet and shower only. The washbasin was outside in main room. This was inconvenient and not clear from room description.
- Despite being new hotel, tired in places eg very stained carpets.
- Designer shower which unfortunately flooded floor every time we used it
- Good hotel for short trip
- Not four star in terms of service or facilities. Good three star more appropriate desciption.
- We paid €220 per night for two of the nights which was overpriced. Third night was €110 which was about right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel JL No76 is located in two 18th-century mansions in the heart of Amsterdam, right in the middle of the museum & fashion district. Leidseplein, Vondelpark, Concert Hall and its two sister hotels, Hotel Vondel and Hotel Roemer are a stone's throw away. Hotel JL No76 has 39 luxurious rooms, a lounge, honesty bar, restaurant and a private inner garden. The honesty bar allows guests to make or serve a drink or bite at any convenient time. The hotel is decorated in boutique style with the use of high quality materials and has a large collection of art on display. Barbara Broekman, a well-known Dutch artist, has designed a special range of wallpaper for each of the 39 rooms. This wallpaper is based on details enlargement of originally embroidered artworks. The rooms are decorated in 5 ambiances and are equipped with modern facilities like free use of iPad, wireless internet, iPod dock station, Nespresso coffee machine, Flat Screen TV, DVD player and DVD library. All executive rooms have a Jacuzzi with built-in TVs. The comfortable COCO-MAT beds in all rooms ensure a relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel JL No76 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.