Stayed at the JL No76 for 3 nights in february and enjoyed my stay.
Was welcomed by a happy and friendly member of staff named Wouden, felt like home straight away! He was very concerned about showing me all the major sights and museums on the map to ensure that my stay would be good in Amsterdam.
I had dinner (a salad) in the restaurant, another friendly member of staff greeted me also with a big smile and all my prejudices about that Dutch people always are happy were in fact happily confirmed. I was thrilled! Didn´t get his name, but he was tall and blonde.
The wine was delicious (white) but the salad was less happy.. €12 for just a few pieces of chicken and almost no dressing, so.. yeah not the best food experience. But was too tired to complain. Maybe give the customers the choice of salad dressing?
Got offered to pay an extra €20/ NIght for a room upgrade and got a big room with a jacuzzi and big bed, small seating area and great storage space.
Plus about the room:
+ Spacious to be in a big city
+ Bed is remarkable comfortable, haven't slept this good in a hotel room since years
+ In room safe
+ Place for the luggage
+ Honesty bar in the reception area if the minibar was not enough
+ Big TV with international channels
Minuses about the room:
- Badly cleaned (Found hair on more than one place)
- The cleaning staff didn't refill the Nespresso caps more than one time and it is unfortuntaly hard to start the day with a de-caff ;-)
- The rain shower head was more showering the whole room until i realized that it was all covered in calcium, wiped it off quick and it got better. Tips for the housekeeping: Use a sponge once a week and you will not have that problem.
- Very loud from the corridor. You hear when other guests get home in the night
- The Cleaning staff left a quiet nasty bottle of bathroom detergent. Should not happen when charging around € 180 / Night. The lady in the reception looked VERY surprised and barely said "I am sorry"...when I brought it to her.
Those nasty extra charges...
Extra charges for things like Internet is 2013 just not trendy. I luckily got it for free because I upgraded my room. But would have paid €8 per night otherwise. Expensive for something that each and everyone take for granted. Raise the prices with €4 / Night and have more happy customers.
AND, breakfast... come guys. You are not one of those big american chain hotels where business people take the expenses on their companies.. you are a small fine boutique hotel chain in one of the most prettiest cities in the world. Include breakfast in the future. It is one of those fine touches where people get the "at home"-feeling even more.
Lots of feedback yes... but this hotel has got great potentials. Really.
I met several reception staff and some were extremely personal, felt like their were flirting and were asking too much things (especially one older guy)- got to a level that it felt creepy, and some were just not interested in you as a guest at all.. one girl was almost angry when I asked if she could prepare my bill the evening before my departure (had an early departure).
When everyone in the reception had that professional approach as Wouden it would have been perfect. As a guest one only asks for a genuine smile and some polite questions in a great balance. So a big and special thank you to Wouden!
Overall, thank you for a good stay, I just think the management has to determine how service and the product overall should be placed and delivered and they can do something great about it for the future. This hotel is pretty, designed and well located and could easily be number 1 or 2 on Tripadvisor if it were just better run and managed. So much potentials!
....and I will come back soon and hope that some things have improved. Amsterdam itself is simply beautiful and definitely a city to visit more often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel JL No76 is located in two 18th-century mansions in the heart of Amsterdam, right in the middle of the museum & fashion district. Leidseplein, Vondelpark, Concert Hall and its two sister hotels, Hotel Vondel and Hotel Roemer are a stone's throw away. Hotel JL No76 has 39 luxurious rooms, a lounge, honesty bar, restaurant and a private inner garden. The honesty bar allows guests to make or serve a drink or bite at any convenient time. The hotel is decorated in boutique style with the use of high quality materials and has a large collection of art on display. Barbara Broekman, a well-known Dutch artist, has designed a special range of wallpaper for each of the 39 rooms. This wallpaper is based on details enlargement of originally embroidered artworks. The rooms are decorated in 5 ambiances and are equipped with modern facilities like free use of iPad, wireless internet, iPod dock station, Nespresso coffee machine, Flat Screen TV, DVD player and DVD library. All executive rooms have a Jacuzzi with built-in TVs. The comfortable COCO-MAT beds in all rooms ensure a relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel JL No76 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.