“Wonderful location, perfect stay”
Review of Hotel JL No76

Hotel JL No76
Ranked #25 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for a long weekend in August. The location near the museums, not far from the canals and yet in a very pleasant tree lined street was ideal. Amsterdam's Bond Street was just round the corner.
The staff could not have been more helpful and our room was clean, light, spacious and well appointed. Sadly we didn't have time to enjoy the TV in the bathroom. The honesty bar in the hotel reception was a great place to start and evening out - as was the small garden courtyard behind the hotel.
The late check out time of 12 midday was great for a last morning sightseeing - although this does tend to mean you will lucky to check in early if you get there before 3.
Would definitely use this hotel again and would recommend it too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 September 2013

In addition to a near-perfect location for anything you might want to see/do in Amsterdam, the JL76 was also very-well air-conditioned (Amsterdam was warm and humid during 3rd week in August when we were there) and exceptionally quiet, on a lovely, residential, tree-lined street behind the busy, noisy Museumplein. After battling nearly overwhelming crowds during our stay, returning to the JL was like returning to an oasis. We got an upgrade to an executive room (well worth it) and almost everything in the room worked as expected (one exception was the hairdryer, which needed constant finger pressure on the 'on' button to work). Beautiful room, bed very comfortable, very little interior noise (we did hear people moving around a little upstairs) but almost no annoying corridor/elevator noise.
Note that in Europe, hotel elevators are extremely small, which, being from the US, we weren't accustomed to at first. Staff very friendly and helpful. Didn't use the honesty bar, but the staff was very prompt and helpful about getting us buckets of ice when we requested them (that's another thing that's different than in the US - no ice machines on hotel floors).
Nothing negative to say about this property. Would definitely stay there again, and plan to do so on our next trip (which won't be in August).

Room Tip: ask for executive room upgrade - we were in room 307 on the third (actually 4th) floor and we had pl...
1  Thank marilyn a
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for our 5th Anniversary - nice hotel on a quiet peaceful street. Very close to the tram which will take you into heart of Amsterdam in 5 mins. Room was comfortable, upgraded which was very nice to a room with a Jacuzzi bath and tv at the end of the bath. Reception very helpful. Swankiest shopping street in Amsterdam is adjacent to the hotel. 5 mins walk to the Museums and canal tour - well worth hiring a bike from the hotel to explore Vondelpark and the streets of Amsterdam, We got the hotel for a very good rate - via a mystery hotel offer. Had a great stay in Amsterdam and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room with a Jacuzzi bath - perfect after a long day exploring Amsterdam
1  Thank NorthEast_76
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my second stay at JL No 76. I liked it so much I dragged a friend for the second trip. The executive room was well apportioned and the jacuzzi tub was welcome after long days of walking. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. It is convenient to boot.

Room Tip: Get the executive room for maximum space and amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank trjnyc
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August. It is in a good location, a very quiet tree lined street, for exploring the Museum quarter. There are good transport links to all other areas of the city. We received a pleasant welcome although our room wasn't ready when we arrived. The honesty bar in the reception area sets the tone for a stay at Hotel JL No76 - as guests you are trusted to be honest; unusual in this day and age. Our room was clean and had everything that it should have.
We found all staff to be very helpful, taking time to ensure all enquiries were fully answered.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as there were plenty of alternative options within a couple of minutes walk at a more affordable cost.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had a great experience. The service was great, the room was stylish and comfortable. The bathroom was small (average for Europe), but waterfall shower was really nice and it had a removable wand which was great. Our room didn't have a hair dryer and when we inquired, they didn't have any extras, which was unfortunate. Our room was also in the basement level. Not a huge deal, but not ideal, though it did have a huge window and was quite bright. Wifi was 5 euros per day for as many devices as you like, and you got a free drink from their bar when you purchased wifi (though they only remembered to give us a free drink once).

Overall, a wonderful location (literally a block away from the Van Gogh museum, and super close to a tram) and a great stay!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Used to stay here very regular when making business trips to Amsterdam, because it's a small hotel and close to the office. Will NEVER stay there again after having been treated in a very offensive and almost insulting manner. My credit cards where stolen from my wallet and I immediately mentioned this to the reception (a day before check out and asked them if I should involve our emergency desk at work), who advised me to block my cards and they would come to a solution with me since I was a regular guest. They subtracted the deposit from the bill and we agreed that I would wire the money from my oversees account. The next day I was told that this offer (which had been put on paper) was withdrawn by the management and then some young guy comes explain me I cant leave without settling the rest of the bill. They treated me (and also later in the process) as if I was the criminal and I almost missed my flight. In front of all the other hotel guests I was made visibly clear that I was not willing to pay the bill, which was of course never the case and why would I travelling under my company's name. They had no respect for someone who was a regular guest and were very nasty and pushy and during the visit they have made several promises which were never fulfilled. I travel a lot and have never been treated with this unfriendly behavior and incorrect approach of saying something one moment and then saying something else 18 hours later, 2 minutes before check out, ever, anywhere. Absolutely disgraceful experience and I would advice you to stay away from it unless you are a thrill seeker looking for this sort of treatment. On a side note they did not manage to get rid of the sewer smell in the Executive Room which was very unpleasant and penetrating. A DEFINTE NO. Dutch hospitality can look very different.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business