“A Little Gem;Perfect all round!!!”
Review of Hotel JL No76

Hotel JL No76
Ranked #25 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem;Perfect all round!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After exhausting all plans and ideas of things to do for my DH' s birthday i finally decided a surprise trip to Amsterdam,never been there myself knowing the right/best places to book for the trip i.e. close to the city centre and all the tourist attractions.
After searching and searching i came across this gem of a place and boy was i glad i booked this place;it was perfect all round!

Excellent staff that greet you with a warm welcome,smile and very helpful; excellent comfy bed, great modern decor and lovely sized room,a very central hotel to get to and from everywhere with the tram!We could not find any fault with this place,the icing on the cake for me was the complimentary birthday card and lovely bottle of wine that was sitting waiting in the room for us/my husband!It was a really pleasant gesture and we really appreciate that.

This place made our short stay in Amsterdam extremely enjoyable and my husband's birthday so fabulous that we were genuinely sad to leave sad to leave.
Thank you very much to all the members ansd staff of Hotel JL No76,you have a customer for life.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_VH, Manager at Hotel JL No76, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Browngurl84,

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you judged everything of our hotel with the maximum score. Everybody in our team is motivated to deliver the best possible service and quality and the staff is absolutely our greatest asset. It is really nice to hear you aprreciated the small attention for the birthday of your husband that much. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we hope that we may welcome you again in our hotel when you visit Amsterdam next time.

Warm regards, Team Hotel JL no 76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hotel JL located in a quiet little avenue, a short walk from the Museum Ricks.
Line 197 (leading to and from the airport) - nearby.
JL is perfect hotel. The room was small, but there are elements that compensate the size of the room: the architecture of the room creates a feeling of space, the sink is at the entrance to the room, the bathroom has a rain shower and jacuzzi tub. A TV built in the wall in front of tub. Was fun, at the end of the day, relax in the hot tub.
Staff in the lobby - willingly answered all questions. Everything is clean and polished. The room also has bathrobes.
The hotel has an elevator, a matter that is not obvious in Amsterdam that usually has steep stairs.

Room Tip: room on upper floor, facing the quiet street, with jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nilizio
Management_VH, Manager at Hotel JL No76, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Nilizio,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and the time you took to share your thoughts on tripadvisor. I am proud to learn that you really enjoyed you stay with us. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the jacuzzi that much after a day in the city! Should travels bring you to Amsterdam once more in the future, we look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

Eline Postma – Hotel Manager
Dunsborough, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed in several Boutique Hotels and however stylish or unusual they are it is the staff that makes them special. JL76's staff are too young, inexperienced and self-absorbed to make this so. Dave, and especially Isis, were the exceptions. My room was modern, comfortable, clean and very quiet. There were two chairs and excellent lighting for reading, comprehensive toiletries, a spa bath, coffee machine and - unusually for Europe - a kettle to make tea. Breakfast was good and there is an honour bar in the foyer with tea/coffee making facilities and mint or lemon flavoured water. Free WiFi and a computer for guests' use in the foyer. The hotel is perfectly positioned for the Rijks and Van Gogh Museums, a canal boat hub, up-market shopping street and the Vondelpark which is lovely for a walk after museum overload.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Management_VH, Manager at Hotel JL No76, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear HookedonTravel255103,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, your feedback is really important for me and for our team. My sincere apologies your stay was not what is should have expected. Of course I would like to know what exactly happened during your stay which gave you the feeling that the staff was too young and not experienced enough. Perhaps we can do something with this information to improve our service. I am glad to read that you did appreciated the service of my colleagues Dave & Isis and you also enjoyed the offered facilities in our rooms.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any service.

Best regards,
Eline Postma – Hotel Manager (eline@hoteljl76.com)
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We'd looked for a room with a jacuzzi and found this really nice looking hotel. We arrived in the afternoon and checked in, the room was really nice and we decided to take a bath before hitting town. Fail!! Pressing the start button on the jacuzzi made A LOT of old dust come out everywhere. Needless to say it was not an option to use that anymore.
Apart from the jacuzzi problem everything was ok, not fantastic but not bad either. Probably not coming back to stay there again though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Management_VH, Manager at Hotel JL No76, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Mrs. Hanna E,

Thank you for sharing your experiences, your feedback is of the outmost important for me and for the team of Hotel JL No 76. My sincere apologies your stay was not what is should have been. Our jacuzzi's are next to the daily cleaning also being thoroughly cleaned on a periodic base with special whirlpool products for the cleaning of the metal circles where the bubbles are starting. I will of course contact our cleaning and technical department to get to know exactly why the jacuzzi in your room wasn't clean, and, most important, make sure this never happens again.

I do hope that you will give us a second chance to prove we can deliver the service that you may expect from us. Please let me know when you’re in Amsterdam again, I’ll make sure we will provide a nice room for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any service.

Eline Postma – Hotel Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights on my first visit to Amsterdam. What a terrific hotel. Extremely conveniently located on quiet street, I loved the super-chic decorations of the lobby. The room was modern, clean, easy to use and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Honesty Bar in the main lobby is a great addition. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the staff is just the best. Incredibly helpful and eager, and they seem to be having a genuinely good time performing their duties. I am so glad I found the JL, and I can't wait to stay here on my next visit. I will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear HarlanL60763,

Wow! Thank you for your great review! We are pleased to hear that you judged everything of our hotel with the maximum score. Everybody in our team is motivated to deliver the best possible service and quality and the staff is absolutely our greatest asset.

Warm regards,

Eline Postma
Hotel Manager & Team Hotel JL no 76
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

stayed for a few nights here in March and loved it, very quite part of town yet within seconds your in the museum district and the road behind has so many designer shops its unreal. Had an executive room and a balcony which was great sat drinking coffee in the morning sun watching the world go by. Bathroom was very nice and had a tv at the end of the bath .....bonus. very nice place to stay if you want peace and quite but mins away from the hussle and bussle

Room Tip: as for a executive room if possible very nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 1redlion,

Thank you very much for your nice words and thank you very much for choosing Hotel JL No 76! It is really good to hear that you enjoyed the location with the museum district and the designer shops that nearby.

We look forward to welcome you back in the hotel on your next trip.
Eline Postma - Hotel Manager
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a quick trip over to Amsterdam and can't fault it.
Room was large and beautifully decorated. A nice big window that opened fully gave a great view of the tree lined street below.
Nice large screen tv on the wall and even a tv in the bathroom across from the bath! Shower was lovely no issues with hot water at all.
The staff at the front counter where friendly and very helpful, providing a map on arrival and pin pointing places we where interesting in seeing. A bonus was that they spoke English as being from Australia I was worried I'd have issues communicating.
There was a coffee machine in the room with capsules refilled each day also a coffee machine available I the lobby which also included a honesty bar stocked with various drinks.
Overall a lovely hotel in a great area when I return to this beautiful part of the world I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 667334,

Thank you for your great eview on tripadvisor! We are pleased to hear that you judged everything of our hotel with the maximum score. It is also nice that you appreciated our prints & decorations troughout the hotel and the extra's as the tv screen near the jacuzzi bath:). Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we hope that we may welcome you again in our hotel when you visit Amsterdam next time.

Warm regards, Team Hotel JL no 76