“Stunning....like a young Burt Reynolds”

Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #92 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 February 2013

As students, we came to the Ramada on a travelzoo offer and were thoroughly impressed. Staff were lovely and all spoke fluent English and the airport shuttle was delightful, informative ....and FREE! We were given a free room upgrade on arrival...overlooking city; it was a dream! Although a little ways from the city center....the tram stops outside and is only €7.50 for 24h. overall... Would definetly come back!

5  Thank Scott W

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stopped here for a three night mini break in February having read the reviews on here. We were not disappointed at all and were most impressed with the friendly staff and lovely clean premises. We were lucky enough to have a room on a high floor and facing dam square. the rooms were a bit compact but with a lovely shower? Only a ten minute tram ride to dam square. the tram stop is just over the road. Went to the sky bar one night for a drink and while the view and surroundings were very nice it is expensive for food and drinks. Breakfast was ok but no bacon and not a large choice of hot food and would you believe they had no butter on our second morning . . . . .ran out!!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lesstatt
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Having just recently spent a few days in Amsterdam, I was very impressed with my stay at the Ramada Apollo. I was even picked up at the airport and taken back for my return flight . The Hotel is very clean and tidy throughout, with great rooms, and a beautiful veiw of the city from the 17th floor, where the dining area is situated. The staff are very helpful, and pleasant, with a welcoming friendly approach. And even though I only stayed for 3 nights, I would strongly recommend this Hotel to anyone. My special thanks go to-- Celesta and Thysia who work at the Ramada, for helping make my visit to both Amsterdam and the Ramada an enjoyable experience, I will most definitely use this hotel when visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank markferris_13
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This a fantastic hotel in Amsterdam. Its not in the center, but its about 5 minutes walk from the tam and then you can reach the center in about 15 minutes. The room is big, the service very nice, and all installations as well. The breakfast is expensive, so go out and have it somewhere else. Great hotel, good price, just in front of Rembrant Park.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Marcos S
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The Ramada Apollo is a very peaceful and modern hotel. Extremely clean and has the line 13 tram right outside the door to get to the centrum in approx 15 mins.You can buy tram tickets directly on board from the attendant who is sitting at the rear of the tram..
There is a small animal sanctuary across from the hotel in the park which adds to the peaceful feel.
A KFC is within walking distance if the food menu which is a bit limited in the restaurant for snacks is not affordable.
The tower bar on floor 17 is great to relax with views indicated on the windows of the panarama that you can see of Amsterdam.
Excellent cocktails, and the staff here are very attentive and in particular Mele who looked after us and gave us an anniversary cocktail on the house. This was excellent customer service and gave us the impression that the staff were highly trained and interested in making your time there special. For this reason I would reccommend a stay in the Ramada Apollo and the bed was extremely comfortable to boot, so definitely will be back to sleep over again.

Room Tip: Moeders restaurant which is on the tram stop Rozengratz is a great place to eat and relax
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sharonStevenage
Reviewed 5 February 2013

All my partner asked for for Christmas was "a break" she had been to amsterdam before, I had not, I was looking at Venice or Rome but settled on Amsterdam as this hotel looked better than the options for either of the other two destinations.

We were not disapointed, We had the first flight out of Gatwick and landed in Amsterdam around 8am, we were on the free shuttle bus (warning only has 8 seats be prepared to wait if you get there later) and promptly whisked to the hotel arriving at 9, our first concern would be having to wait the regulation four/five hours to check in before our room was ready but that was not the case, it was ready as we walked through the door which was a bonus as we had been up for a few hours already we went and had a little kip before starting our busy weekend.

And there is my first major bonus points for the ramada, the bed was immense, if I could have got away with taking that on easyjet I would of although I would hate tho think how much that would have cost me, would never have got away with hand luggage..... people complaining that the "pillows" were cushions, yeh they are but they are massive and three cushions easily cover the head of the bed, the room was more than adequate for two people, no bath but the shower room was plenty big enough, my partner wasnt feeling too well on our second day so we spent quite a long time in the room and we didnt feel claustrophobic at all, the hotel was very warm and inviting, the staff were all very happy and very friendly, I didnt catch his name but the young lad with blond hair on reception was really helpful.

I am only taking one mark away from the ramada because of the food, the breakfast was "ok" plenty to eat but nothing amazing, the room service food there was no real choice, it consisted of a pizza, a salad, one other main and a dessert and the evening meals, it feels strange to complain about it but here goes, we had a fantastic evening meal, possibly one of the best burgers I have ever eaten, however my complaint is, for normal people this was the only edible thing on the menu and it was hidden, "Wagyu burger, cheese, bacon, pont neuf" we googled pont neuf realised it meant chips, googled wagyu, high quality meat...

The menu was pretentious and expensive, I dont doubt the quality and you know, I dont even mind that I paid 22 euros for my cheeseburger and chips but maybe, just maybe introduce a more familiar menu? I'm not saying go all cheap but instead of a farmers pate which consists of "brioche (what?) Sea buckthorn (What??) and compote (i give up) have a nice steak and chips?

That is my only gripe with ramada, I still enjoyed the food but its trying too hard, the rest of the hotel was amazing, we had a great time and if ever my friends go to amsterdam or if ever we come back then I would fully and whole-heartedly recommend the ramada.

Oh, just remember what the tram stop is called, we kept forgetting, we knew where we were getting off but it would have been easier if we remembered the name...

Room Tip: Couldnt really comment, the whole place seemed unbelievably quiet, I guess rooms facing the town wou...
5  Thank paul s
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights where we paid £20 each per night and that was including breakfast. Cheaper than some hostels that are in the city centre.

It is a very modern hotel and breakfast was great with lovely views over the city.

Location is a little far out but easy enough to get to the city centre by tram.

We were not charged any city tax or deposit as others are previously mentioning.

Will definitely be returning, particularly if we can get at that price. No complaints whatsoever.

4  Thank kylieclyde