“Nice Hotel”

Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #92 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Rooms were nice and modern. Equipped with hair dryer, ironing facilities, water boiling & tea coffee making, wifi, safe, LED TV. But without bathtub. Beds were large and comfortable.
2 computer with net surfing at the lobby. Suitable for people who travel from oversea.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank felixipoh
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Flexipoh,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and the nice pictures you published on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay in the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

We hope to welcome you back soon as our guest.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed one night on business. Room was clean and well presented a large hotel but nothing wrong with that. Reception area spacious and the staff very efficient and friendly.
We eat in the restaurant on 17th floor the food was good quality and again good service fantastic sunset which made it great a shame with a work colleague
The park adjacent is a nice relaxing walk and very easy to get the tram into the centre and the staff were great suggesting I left my luggage and arranged the transfer back to the airport for just 5 euros.i was really impressed.
I note the comments on breakfast but it was ok and kept me going till late afternoon
I would stay again

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Lorraine N

Dear Lorraine N,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review.

We always try to make every stay a memorable stay. I am so happy to read you are very impressed with the hotel and the staff!

Thank you for choosing our hotel, it’s great to read that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed here for the weekend at the end of April, I was charged a security fee of 100 Euro's, this was not refunded, I have so far telephoned and emailed several times, I was told it would be refunded 48 hours after departure? After many calls they refunded 46.50 Euro's?? another phone call I was told they had charged me two late check out fee's 'I was a single traveller', I also checked out early straight for the airport (tickets to prove this) I was charged a daily city tax, this was never mentioned, I had already paid for the hotel before arrival! The hotel itself was good such a shame the customer service is awfull, I will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank scochar

Dear Scochar,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests.

With regards to the deposit I can inform you that we always ask a credit card or cash deposit upon arrival to guarantee incidental costs like bar and restaurant. We have this policy, like most hotels, in place to allow guests to charge incidentals to their room and to avoid that guests leave without paying their invoice. Unfortunately this happens a lot without this policy.
Normally the authorization will be released within 48 hours, therefore I would encourage you to write directly to me to expand on exactly what the problem was also about thelate check out fee's please .

Regarding the city tax; this is a government tax which needs to be paid at the hotel directly. It is not included in the room rate. When guest are not able to come to the hotel they do not need to pay this tax.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and the hotel was great. The room was nicely decorated and very clean and the staff were really friendly; nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is in a nice quiet area just behind a park but it is really easy to get to the centre of town by tram or bus. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Emily123London
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Emily123London,

I really enjoyed reading your feedback about your stay. Thank you for all your kind words and positive feedback. I will make sure that the entire team will be informed about this.

I am delighted to read that you will definitely stay again in the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre! Therefore we hope to welcome you back soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three nights and are very satisfied. Quite area, clean rooms, friendly staff, good connection with the center of Amsterdam. By tram it takes abt 15 minutes. Weather was nice and we even walked till Museumplein, it took us abt 40 minutes.Great advantage is the airport shuttle - delivers you straight to the hotel, which is very convenient. We also used it for our trip to Keukenhof, as the bus departs from Schiphol and using shuttle is faster and cheaper, than if you go to Central station and then to Keukenhof.
The breakfast selection could be better, we did not find any fish dishes there. But all in all - we are very satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors, the view is nice!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tatyana B
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Tatyana B,

Thank you for this wonderful 5 star review. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your room and our facilities. I am sorry to read that you prefer fish dishes during your breakfast, I will discuss this with our Chef.

I am very happy to read that you are very satisfied with the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

We hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a friends 30th birthday weekend, after searching for hotels this was a good deal for a good standard hotel, there were lots of cheaper options but they didn't look as nice. The taxi to the hotel cost around 50 euros for five of us, there were lots of unlicensed taxi drivers waiting to pick people up at the airport but if you walk out and to the left there are lots of taxis available. The hotel does run a shuttle to the right when you leave the airport but it stops running around 10.30pm.
The reception staff were functional but not friendly, on arrival we were asked to put down a 100 euro deposit per room which hadn't been mentioned before when booking. The rooms were lovely, new and clean and really great twins for sharing with a good amount of room. TV and tea/coffee making facilities were available along with a little shop in reception for snacks.
The hotel has a bar and restaurant on the top floor which gives excellent views of the city and has a really nice atmosphere. The food is a little expensive but drinks were reasonable, the staff could be a bit more friendly but the music was great!
The tram into the centre is number 13 and this is a two minute walk from the hotel, the cost is 7 euros for a 24 travel ticket or 2.70 euros for a one way journey, you have to scan your ticket once you have paid for it to activate it. The trams are very clean and nice but the maps can be confusing regarding where to get on, we found it best to go straight to the central station each time and then travel around from there.
On checking out of the hotel we were given an additional tax charge of 12 euro per room per night which we didn't know about previously!
We had also booked the hotel shuttle to the airport and on getting on the bus we were then told we hadn't booked it although we had the correct ticket and other passengers also wanted to get on the bus which was full, the driver expected us to squeeze these people on but due to the lack of seatbealts we complained that we were not willing to do this and this was resolved after a five minutes.
All in all, a good hotel for a weekend in Amsterdam :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank StoneleighBarbie

Dear StoneleighBarbie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your feedback is very important to us and your information will be used to improve our service.

It is only with the help of our guests that we can maintain or even improve our high level of service. I take your comments as a reward for our efforts, but also as a challenge to keep striving for excellence.

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future visit (possibly for your friends 31st anniversary) and ask that you contact us directly so that we may ensure you will have an excellent stay.

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel is excellent and the king size bed its super comfortable!
The rooms are a fair size and very clean.
Breakfast could be better...
Located next to the tram... Easy enough to get around town...

4  Thank Neil J
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Neil J,

Thank you for posting your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future visit.