“City Break”

Ranked #93 of 369 Hotels in Amsterdam
Worcester, United Kingdom
“City Break”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Ramada on the 2nd January 2014 for three nights. We were very impressed with the hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We obtained 3 day tram passes from reception. The tram stops at the back of the hotel which takes you into Amsterdam. Reception also gave us a shuttle pass for the airport for 5 euros. The room was lovely and cosy, fabulous shower. We were on the 15th floor which gave us a lovely view of Amsterdam. We slept very well as there was no noise whatsoever. We would definitely stay at the Ramada again and would highly recommend it. We didnt partake in any meals as we felt the prices were too high. Amsterdam is a beautiful place to visit. We couldnt have asked for a more perfect stay. After a full day of sightseeing, the hotel was wonderful to go back to and recharge our batteries every evening and wake refreshed for the next day. I would also like to thank Tripadvisor as without the helpful comments from other peoples' reviews, we wouldnt have known about the tram line outside the hotel as well as other advice. Wonderful city break.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view is.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 5Maxine1966
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear 5Maxine1966,

‘We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect stay’ is one of the most wonderful compliments that this hotel can get.

Thank you very much for these kind words and I do sincerely hope the welcome you back as a guest one day!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel with a friend for a couple of days. The rooms were great and so was the overall look and feel of the hotel. There is a tram station right outside it where you can take Tram 13 to Dam and hence connectivity is also good. I would highly recommend this hotel to all

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Siddy0208
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Siddy0208,

The fact that you would highly recommend this hotel is one of the biggest compliments we can get!
I will definitely share this among my team.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Arrived here for a 3 night stay with my girlfriend and was very impressed. Hotel is only a 40 minute bus from the airport and just a short tram ride into the centre. Ideal if you are here for a city break as it's extremely close but still in a quiet area. Rooms were modern and whichever side of the hotel you are the views are fantastic. The only downfall with the hotel is the buffet that is on offer to guests, it's in the floor 17 restaurant (which has brilliant panoramic views) and costs €25. We were basically the only people there and there was only 2 hot food options. You can also choose salads and other small options but for a fantastic hotel and top class restaurant the buffet was a huge disappointment. However when seeing what was available we did ask for our money back and got a refund from a very annoyed waiter. Overall we were both very impressed, very luxurious and clean hotel, would definitely stay again. Just would be helpful if the hotel buffet offered more selection.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luke P
Dear Luke P,

Thank you very much for your extensive review! A five bullet score is one of the biggest compliments we can get!

I saw that u made use of a bus which took u 40 minutes, we do however offer a shuttle service between Schiphol and the hotel which only takes 15 minutes. Please do contact the hotel in case of any future stay so we will be able to explain this service.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the buffet on Floor17 and I will definitely discuss this with all my responsible colleagues.

Again, thank you very much for your review and I do hope to welcome you as a guest once more!

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ramada Apollo when visiting Amsterdam. We chose this hotel because of its location, facilities and the price and were not disappointed. The hotel itself is modern and well equipped. The location is a 15 minute tram journey to Central Station but we felt this was a bonus. You are close enough for an easy commute to any of the major tourist attractions yet far enough away to be able to enjoy the splendid view from the rooms and the quiet park that surrounds it. (I would also recommend the 3 day transport pass at 16.50 Euro for a short trip like ours as it certainly was value for money.) We appreciated the shuttle bus service to and from the hotel and the staff who throughout our stay were both pleasant and friendly. If back in Amsterdam again the Ramada is where I shall stay.
If going to book a show check in the Tourist Information Office for last minute availability on the morning of the show for cheaper tickets, (might be available online, I just saw it by chance). Boom Chicago Comedy Club was one we opted for and we saved 20 Euro.

Room Tip: High level rooms that face the city have a super view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MJK130168
Dear MJK130168,

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our service provided by the employees, one of our main focus points in our hotel.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at The Ramada Apollo Hotel. The rooms are clean, pretty and quiet, and the staff is really polite. It's just a minute far from the tram stop, and from there you can go directly to the Central Station in less than 20 minutes, which is amazingly comfortable. The shuttle service is also really good, it takes you right to airport and you don't have to worry about anything. Excellent hotel, loved it!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luca C
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Luca C,

Thank you very much for these wonderful words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre. A 5 bullet review is from high importance to me!

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay in the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

I really enjoyed reading your feedback about your stay. Thank you for all your kind words and positive feedback. I will make sure that the entire team will be informed about this.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Recently I stayed at the ramada Apollo amsterdam centre and it was really wonderful.

We were picked up by the shuttle of the hotel and as soon as we entered the hotel we were greeted very friendly.

The personnel behind the reception were very helpful and they gave us a lot nice tips for the city.
They gave us the key of the room en we were directed to the 15th floor.

Our room was very spacious and the view was beautiful, I could see dam square!

Dinner and breakfast were amazing, we also drank a few cocktails and they were delicious.

The ramada and floor 17 are certainly a visit worth!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom M
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Tom M,

Thank you very much for these beautiful words on tripadvisor!

A five star review really means the world to me and my team! I will definitely share your kind words among my team.

Again, thank you very much for this wonderful review and I do hope to welcome you again in the (near) future.

York
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased with the hotel and was surprised how modern the rooms and facilities where. The internet pictures do not do the hotel any justice as the rooms and reception felt luxurious. However I do have a few complaints, the bed in the room was a large double and very comfy apart from the smallest pillows being provided to sleep on, this meant if you rolled over in the night you would have to move the pillow, they were more like square couch cushions! Also the hotel is classed as Central but is a good 1hr 10 minutes walk away from Dam square which is the most popular part of the city! It is also an even further walk to the central station. From Dam square it is €25 in a taxi or €7.50 for 24 hour tram ticket. Otherwise I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy M
Dear Lucy M,

Thank you very much for sharing you experience on tripadvisor.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback. When visiting Amsterdam again, please do contact me in person so I can look after your requests.

Regarding the transportation costs, please do book a taxi via our reception staff at all times. The taxi charge should be around €12,50 to the Dam Square.

Again, thank you for your review and I do hope to welcome you as a guest once more.