“Excellent in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Hobart, Australia
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there last weekend and had a few problems such as a hire bike stolen and my friend had an accident on her bike that required being checked out at the local hospital.
The young staff was excellent in every way and couldn't have been more understanding and helpful. I have stayed in a lot of places and would have to say that the service is 10 out of 10.
The rooms are comfortable and the easy access to the Rembrandt Park makes it all the more enjoyable.
Easy tram travel to the city centre. I would advise this rather than a bike, not for the over 50's highly dangerous as scooters share the bike paths and no one wears helmets, not even children.
Once again, would like to say that the staff are superb.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RoseRae160P
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear RoseRea160P,

Thank you for this wonderful review. Your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre are a big compliment to the whole Ramada team!

Hopefully, everything is going a little better after the accident. If there is anything else we can do regarding your recent visit, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Again, thank you very much for these amazing words on Tripadvisor and I do hope to welcome you once more.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nonthaburi Province, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is located well outside Amsterdam. However, the Tram station is only 5 minutes walk away. Tram number 13 takes you to city center and Central train station. The staff are very helpful. They don't change your towel unless you have to phone them. It took only a few minutes for the house keeping to bring you the fresh ones. The 2 bottles of water was mistakenly provided to me upon my arrival. When I called and asked for the refill on the second day, I was politely informed that the water was for airline crew only. There is a convenience store about 700 meters from the hotel. KFC is about the same distance to another directions. The best thing about this hotel in my opinion is that it sits next to a public park. I went out to jog in a few morning. The hotel shuttle drivers are very friendly with good service mind. The shuttle runs every 40 minutes. Not very convenient but manageable. Will come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and city view. I got a room on 15th floor with Amsterdam view. Love it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PativateB
Dear PrivateB,

Thank you very much for writing such a marvelous review regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre! What a compliment you were over the moon with your stay in Amsterdam. I would also like to thank you very much for all your useful tips towards our future guests.

Regarding the housekeeping service I would indeed like to inform you that we only change your linen or towels each two days, or as mentioned, on request. This, due to our Golden Green Key.

It was a pleasure welcoming you at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre and I do hope to do so again anytime soon.

Sherwood, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed her for one night as part of a Cosmos tour April 29. Very nice hotel with clean rooms and nice shower area, we were very comfortable.There was a neat gift shop on the lobby floor where we bought our souvenirs.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to the elevator.
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OneSouthernBelle
Dear OneSouthernBelle,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor and what a compliment you are so enthusiastic after just one night.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you any time in the future to see more from the city of Amsterdam.

England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This Ramada wants to have its cake and eat it too. It charges premium prices but provides, in most respects, a low-budget hotel experience. Priced in the same bracket as the Amsterdam Hilton but this place isn't in the same league

Room was large but basic. No cups or glasses. Tea and coffee making facilities but only paper cups and cheap instant coffee.

There may be some good staff working here but I didn't meet them. Everyone from reception through to the bar and restaurant staff seemed to exude an air of indifference. Watching the bar staff leaning on the bar chatting wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't ordered a drink 15 minutes ago which hadn't arrived. After a further request for the drink I only had to wait another 5 minutes. I suppose that's progress. Another example: at breakfast two members of staff decided that a good place to complete some of their paperwork was right in front of the coffee machine. When I asked if I could please use the machine, one of them stepped a few inches to the side, grunted "yes" and then just carried on with the paperwork, leaving me having to stretch across to use the machine.

To summarize, this hotel falls a long way short of acceptable at the price. If I hadn't been staying on business but paying myself I'd have checked out on day two and looked for something better. I'm often in Amsterdam but this place definitely doesn't make the approved list.

Good points: Spacious rooms, good breakfast
Bad points: Basic furnishings, poorly motivated/trained staff, general air of cheap budget hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank surrealistic
Dear Surrealistic,

I’m very sorry to hear about this rather negative experience at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Unfortunately, I am not able to look into this unpleasant situation. Please do contact me in person so we can discuss this matter.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend and the staff were so friendly.could not do enough for you
Room was modern and comfortable and slept well each night
Downside was the breskfast.We were quoted 35 euro for two,when we paid this was 50 euro with local tax,this was not explained also not a lot left when we went and staff clearing away buffets before 10.30
This said, really enjoyed the stay and stunning views from the roof terrace wiyh excellent bar and out door seating.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jim O
Dear Jim O,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us such a useful review on Tripadvisor.
I’m especially delighted with your compliments towards our members of staff since this is one of our main focus points.

Regarding the taxi charges, I’m wondering from which destination you made use of this service since every place in Amsterdam should be reached for a maximum of €35.
I’m looking forward hearing from you.

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a few days break in Amsterdam and decided to stay at a hotel out of the city centre. Upon our arrival we were checked in by the very efficient and friendly reception staff. The room was fairly clean but a bit basic for a four star hotel. The hotel’s big drawback was the restaurant, at dinner we ate al la carte, the menu is very short, my husband thought there must have been a page missing, but there wasn’t. The food was ok but expensive and the portions very small. No need to worry about over eating at this hotel. The breakfast selection was not much better. One plus point about this hotel is that it is located just a short walk from the number 13 tram which goes all the way through the city to the central station. Would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Holiday-Note
Dear Holiday-Note,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments regarding the service delivered are a big compliment to each colleague.

I am however quit surprised by your comments towards our restaurant Floor17. Floor17 is indeed a fine dining restaurant. When you would like to enjoy a more simple meal, please have a look at our bar menu. I am however, very pleased with your constructive feedback towards our restaurant area so we can constantly update our services and facilities.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Little bit far out of centre for us - tram within 2/3 mins walk which takes about 20mins to get into centre so not too bad. Rooms nice and free upgrade given. Good value but next time will book more central as just a little too far out for me as like to be more central to nightlife

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lfeire1977
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Lfeire1977,

Thank you very much for providing us with your comments regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

The hotel is indeed located right next to the heart of Amsterdam. As describes in your review, tram 13 brings you to the Dam square in less than 15 minutes. During night time it is indeed advised to take a taxi which will cost around €15.

Again, thank you very much for taking time to leave us a review online.