“Breakfast with a view!”

Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #97 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. This hotel is not centrally located but there is tram station near the hotel. Never use it so can't comment much. Room is a bit dark despite switching on all lights. Bed is comfy and I had good night sleeps. One thing I like about this hotel is had breakfast with a view on the 17th floor! Breakfast was served with decent spread of hot and cold items. All in all, a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vividplanner
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear vividplanner,

Thank you very much for these wonderful words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Since our breakfast room is indeed located at one of our top floors, the view can indeed be seen as amazing. In case you are visiting Amsterdam again, I do highly recommend a visit to our roof terrace on the 19th floor. This is the highest one in the city!

It was a pleasure welcoming you at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre and I do hope to do so once more.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,344)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

So the only reason I ended up staying here was that my flight was cancelled. Let's just say I'm glad it was! Greeted by a warm welcome after a stressful day, room was modern and spotless. Free buffet tea on the 17th floor restaurant with breath taking views of the capital Amsterdam! Also had a free breakfast which was also pleasant. While waiting for our next flight we enjoyed the roof top bar luckily with a sunny day. So all in all I don't think this hotel will disappoint you one bit (:

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear GibbinsPaul,

Even though you might have had many problems during the day, I am very glad we were able to make fix this.

Since this wasn’t a chosen stay, I do hope to welcome you once more when visiting Amsterdam. In this case, please do contact us upfront so we are able to make your stay even more memorable.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just finished a 3 day stay at the Apollo and I would say this was an excellent hotel. It is a little way out from the centre, but we found all the quality/best value hotels are outside the centre.
The number 13 tram stops about 200 metres away from the hotel and there is a bus stop there as well so the transport links to the hotel are easy as the trams are every 10 mins at peak times and 15 mins off peak.
We managed to bag a room on the 16th floor which had views across the city, but even if you were on a lower floor there is the 17th floor restaurant and the roof terrace with excellent views.
The beds had toppers for comfort and the plumpest pillows I have ever had, there is aircon (cool or heat) in the room, a nice flat screen tv with freeview and other services, an ironing board and iron, free use of the safe and tea/coffee facilities. The only thing missing was a mini bar, which I believe is available if requested.
There is a free ice machine on several floors if you need to cool beers/wine in your room and don't have a mini bar.
There is a hotel shuttle service to the airport that can be booked for €5 per person.

We stayed at another excellent hotel last time we were in Amsterdam, but this one is better!

Room Tip: As for a high up room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sx7

Dear sx7,

Thank you very much fort his 5 out of 5 score. The fact that you would describe the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre as better than your previous excellent stay in Amsterdam is probably one of the biggest compliments we can get.

I would also like to thank you for such detailed information regarding the hotel provided to our future guests. I’m especially delighted with your compliments regarding the best, I do think this is one of the most important aspects of your stay.

Again, thank you very much for this amazing review and I do certainly hope to provide you this service again in the (near) future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at the ramada Apollo for two days and it was the most pleasant stay I've ever had perfect location staff is excellent I'm not gonna keep going on but book now book now if they have availability don't hesitate it's perfect can't wait until I return thanks ramada Apollo

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank dwaine c

Dear Dwaine C,

What an amazing review this is!

Thank you very much for providing me and my team with such a big compliment. I will make sure the whole Ramada team will be informed about your excellent words.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Approaching the property you will notice that it looks very miserable, I think it's an old block of flats/offices, but do not let that put you off!! The hotel is very modern and rather beautiful. We checked in and were placed on the 14th floor, we had 2 rooms. The rooms, although on the small side, are modern, clean and comfortable. They had a the facilities you could possibly need on a short break to Amsterdam. The bathroom was also modern and the shower was amazing. The restaurant was on floor 17 and that is where breakfast was served, the view was incredible and the food was very good. We travelled for my sisters birthday so decided to head upto Floor17 (cocktail bar) on her birthday night, although quite pricey the cocktail were good, the view at night time was even better and the decor was what you would imagine from a stylish cocktail bar. The location is also good, the tram stops just outside the hotel and take approx. 10 mins to get to Dam Square (or a 45 minute walk), would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ell14
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Ell14,

Let me start with expressing my gratitude for having taken the time to leave our hotel such a kind review!

I am glad you found the hotel to be ‘’very modern and rather beautiful’’ al though you were not impressed upon the first sight. We do indeed operate from a former office building; looking at it that way, you could think of the hotel as one large recycling project!

Thank you for selecting us to be your preferred accommodation choice in the city for such an important occasion and we were delighted to have made your stay comfortable and shared your special day with you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have just got back from a long weekend in amsterdam.
We got off our flight with only hand luggage so went straight through customs in to the massive arrival hall looking for the ramada shuttle bus stop.. We asked at the info desk and the kind lady told us exactly where we need to be, easy to find just outside the airport doors...
Waited 10 minutes until the ramada minibus arrived, the minibus was like an executive minibus very comfy and the driver was well dressed and polite.
Got to the hotel checked in (a 150 euro deposit is req per room), given a key card for the luggage room as our room wasn't available, went to the locker room... Very secure single lockers.
Shaving kits and European plugs are available at reception.
We bought some tram tickets from the little shop inside the hotel, 7.50 euros for 24 hours.
Tram stop is next to the hotel number 13 takes you to central station in about 10 minutes.
It's 1 straight road though so a nice walk once you know where to go.
Rembradnt park is right opposite the hotel, it's a big area lovely for a nice stroll.
1st stop on the tram is a small square with some shops, cafés, coffee shop and a supermarket.
Back at the hotel we got out room key and went to settle in, lovely room, stunning views of the park, clean and modern.
Tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, shaving socket on the hairdryer is a uk socket.
Could not fault this hotel at all, if you want somewhere to stay that I'd close to everything stay here to will not be disappointed.

Things you need to do

Get on a canal boat as soon as you can.
Get to museums early as ques can get big.
Try a chicken kebab
Good coffee shops are grey area, black star, amnesia
Visit Amstel it's lovely and picturesque
Take lots of pics
Watch you personal belongings as it's very busy and quite a few shifty people in the centre.
Take Comfy shoes as it's a massive city and an be tiring on the feet.
Get a Chinese massage on your feet 25 euro for half an hour.

We wail be returning in November to the ramada, top quality hotels with excellent service

Room Tip: Higher looks, looking over the park
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
6  Thank Kelly W

Dear Kelly W,

It has been a real pleasure reading the extensive review you have left our hotel; Thank you so much for all of your kind words!

As you have mentioned a large part of the range of facilities that our hotel and its surroundings has to offer, you leave me with no more than just to say thank you. I really hope we will have the honor and the privilege of welcoming you to the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam once again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel Ramada Apollo amsterdam Central was an excellent base to explore the town. Situated on tram 13, it was really easy and cheap to get to the town centre.The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport but there is a fare of 5 Euros on departure.
Staff was extremely efficient and friendly and were upgraded to the 16th floor free of charge. The hotel offers a great bird's eye view ot Amsterdam from the panoramic 17th floor terrace.
I would stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: higher floor for the view
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank berber44

Dear Berber44,

How kind of you to leave us such a positive review on TripAdvisor, such feedback is very much appreciated.

I am very glad that you had such a great time whilst staying at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam. In addition, I would like to thank you for mentioning the great location the hotel boasts!

We are looking forward to your (possible) next arrival, your loyalty and satisfaction is our main priority.

Kind regards,