3,762 results
All reviews rembrandt park tram stop free shuttle from the airport the hotel shop rooftop bar dam square shuttle service number tram corner room takes you straight top floor beautiful park lovely hotel city tax day pass central station minute walk from the hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

There's no bellboy to bring luggages to the room!after check in you should take all your luggages to the room yourself, even no anyone to show the room!
The reception told us we don't have any body for your luggages!
No mini bar in room!!! I didn't see this no where before, and they asked us to put a deposit amount 300 euro, we don't know what was it for when we saw even there is no mini bar in room!!
The room was so cold and air conditioner was set on 21 degrees, we call them to send someone to fix that but no one came!!! They only said that it takes long to operate, during a week that we was in this hotel rarely it became 25 and not more, the room was always cold!!
No bathroom amenities, no toothbrush, no slippers!!!
Also there is not a bottle of water in room! ( I have seen this in all hotels even 3 stars!)
A big table for play was in the lobby that made lots of noise when people playing.
The only positive thing about this hotel was the room view and location next to a beautiful park.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alexander K, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Ghazal Z,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre and for the extended review you wrote on Tripadvisor.

I am concerned to read about your experience and I do apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay in the hotel. Due to the fact that we have been awarded with the gold status of the Green Key certificate the rooms are not pre-heated and standard with mini bars. However, we do offer 24hrs lobby bar service in where all kinds of beverages and snacks are available for you at all times. This is one of the reasons that we ask for a deposit, furthermore we do offer room service and have a bar and restaurant on the 17th floor in where you could also use your deposit to buy items.

I do apologize for the fact that the AC system was not according to your standards, I will make sure to investigate this serious matter in order to improve the heating in your room. All the rooms are frequently checked and therefore I assure you that this is not the standard for all heating systems in the hotel.

In case you would like to discuss the above points and the other points mentioned in the review I would like to ask you to contact the hotel. Your feedback is of great value and we do our most best to prevent any of these matters for the future.

Please contact me up forehand in case you decide to come back to our hotel. In this way I will make sure that you will have a wonderful stay in our hotel!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Myself and my mum stayed at this hotel from end of March to beginning of April. We both agreed it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in and will 100% make a return trip.

Checking in and transfers:
We didn't know that you can get a transfer from the airport to the hotel for free, which wasn't the hotel's fault. We didnt book through the hotel website so only received little information . We got a cab which cost us 37 Euros. Never the less once we arrived we were greeted by the loveliest lady on front desk called Chantel I believe. She was extremely helpful and made us feel right at home straight away. She upgraded our room for us and was very delightful she really left a good impression on us and made us feel the hotel was top quality. Once we checked in and spent a night at the hotel we decided to book a transfer through the hotel service from the hotel to the aiport for 5 Euros each which is a brilliant price! There is a board with the different shuttle times.

Room:
We were located on the 3rd floor and I have to say we still had a lovely view. Room was very clean and spacious. Beds were comfy and quite roomy. I was happy to see an iron as one of my shirts was so creased due to its material.

Breakfast:
We didn't book a bed and breakfast room so when we arrived we was unsure whether to book on or risk it and try and find somewhere in town. We decided to book on and we are so glad we did. The breakfast buffet was amazing. You could make your own pancakes, toasties. There was a selection of cereals, cheeses, hams, bread. Lots of juices to choose from and of course yummy selection of eggs, beans and sausages/ bacon. Myself and my mum are vegetarians and we felt there was more than enough to keep us going and so worth the money. We found we ate so much at breakfast we only needed a light lunch.

Getting into town:
Chantel told us that the best way to get into town was purchasing a ticket for the trams. The Tram tickets work like Oyster cards. You can purchase different tram tickets from the shop in the hotel. We purchased the 2 day ticket for 12.50 Euros each. The tram stop is across the road just need to make sure you get the one going into town and not back out.

Tram 13 takes you right to the Central station in town so if you need to go to Anne Frank house or centre this would be the tram.

If you want to visit the Van Gogh Museum/ Hard Rock/ Heinken Experience you will need to take tram 13 then swap 2 stops after getting on for Tram 7. (I would double check with tram drivers once onboard)

Overall we had a wonderful experience and all staff were so helpful and friendly we will be returning. I liked that the hotel was slightly out of town centre so we could escape the "rowdyness" if we wanted too.

Room tip: Wonderful views, wonderful breakfast, brilliant customer service.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Faye B

Dear Faye B,

Thank you so much for writing this extended, informative and positive review. I am absolutely convinced that not only the hotel but also our future guests will profit from the information you shared with writing this.

Furthermore, thank you for the lovely words about the breakfast, the rooms and the service at the reception desk. I will make sure to share your great feedback with Chantal as well. It makes me proud to read about the service she provided and the fact that you write `This was one of the best hotels we stayed in`, what a huge compliment!

We all look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

hotel easy to find as has 18 floors! 17th has bar/restaurant with fantastic views of city, all public areas very modern and airy. Rooms modern, beds very comfortable, however wardrobe space is limited! Free Wi-Fi in all areas. Car park under hotel very handy! No.13 tram into town every 10 mins journey time about 15 mins. Cheaper to buy a 2 day pass. Staff very friendly and helpful, will definitely return again.

Room tip: Best rooms on 15 and 16 floors
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in March 2016. This hotel is fantastic, when we arrived we were told that our room wasn't quite ready but they checked and told us that a deluxe room was ready and we could have that at no extra charge. We took it; this room was on the 16th floor and had stunning views across Amsterdam. The staff were definitely the highlight of this hotel, very friendly and were so happy to help and nothing was too much trouble to make your stay more pleasant. This hotel also offers a free shuttle transfer from the hotel. Go to bus stop A9-A13 and ring the intercom for the Ramada hotel and within 10 minutes the shuttle appears. This hotel also has a sky bar on floor 17 with views across Amsterdam, it also has a roof terrace for the warmer months. Great stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexander K, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Chris K,

I would like to thank you for your constructive and positive feedback regarding your previous stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

The fact that you mentioned the staff as the `highlight` of the hotel is a huge compliment and it makes me very proud to read such a things. Furthermore, I absolutely agree that the views are stunning! Our location and the height of the building are perfect to take a look over the entire centre of Amsterdam and see all the iconic buildings.

Thank you again for your great review and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel, clean, lovely atmosphere and staff. Tram 13 is across the road which take you to the centre of Amsterdam and there's a tram every 12 minutes. Room was lovely! Amazing roof terrace however a bit chilly. Food a little expensive especially in the sky bar and very noisy if busy! Love staff, open all night. Shuttle from the airport was on them and efficient. All round amazing hotel and definitely with the price! Public transport ticket is available in the reception shop and gives you free travel on all public transport which is very handy.
Would definitely come again.

Date of stay: April 2016