“Brilliant location and warm welcome”
other travellers have booked this property
Mix
Bathroom
Outside to relax!
Guestbook!
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
deniskh
Moscow, Russia
“Brilliant location and warm welcome”
Reviewed 5 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

I stayed in the appartment with my wife, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law just for 3 days as a part of our two weeks trip of Amsterdam-Bruges-Paris. I wish we could stay longer - hopefully next time!

All the service was faultless and effecient from the earlier ordering communcations till the farewell. All our questions were answered and many additional useful information was advised. We felt ourselves as real Carolina's guests rather than just customers.

The appartment itself is a part of a traditional blocked house situated between two channels nearest to the city center. Living in such an old and typical house is itself a part of a tourist fun (when we visited Rembrandt house museum, we saw an old map of Amsterdam and we found the house on the map!). If you rent the appartment for two persons you live in a semi-basement part of the house with a separate entrance. As far as we know, the part of such houses were used for servants in old days, but it doesn't mean you would serve Carolina living there :) Actually it's quite convenient. I specially looked for something not in a high floor, since one of us was 75 years old, and additional steep stairs was not desirable. And just 2 steps down from the street to the appartment was absolutely OK with us. If one need more space as we did, one might rent an extra room which is located on the next (ground) floor and accesed by the stairs from the the semi-basement appartment. No inconveniences as well, though it is even more a part of the house were Carolina's family lives (but you remember - you are guests not customers!).

Everything one may need during the stay (all the kitchen stuff, maps, etc.) is provided so you just live almost as you live in your own home. An the home is located perfectly for travelling in Amsterdam. It's less than 10 minutes walk from the railway station and from Dam square, about 10-15 minutes walk along Singel channel to the flower market and so on. Actually, the central part of Amsterdam is not so big, so alomost everything in the part is in a walkable distance from the appartment. If you travel by car as we did, it's better use a P+R parking, and since the location is central it's easy to get to it from the parking by public transport (we used Bos en Lommer parking and get to Dam square by the tram 14).

I might write many other good words, and the overall conclusion is that I'm absolutely glad with our choice of the appartment for the accommodation in Amsterdam. It is highly recomended and I hope I will have a chance myself to use it again in the future.

And thanks to Carolina once again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and friendly atmosphere
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
England
Reviewed 31 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Your age range 25-34
Chris B
Perth, Australia
“Singel 96 great facilities, great location and friendly host”
Reviewed 28 October 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Amsterdam for 5 nights in June 2011, en route to a River Cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna. SIngel 96 was in a great location, being on the Singel Canal on the western edge of the central city block and close to Central Station, our point of arrival after catching a train from Schipol Airport.

The apartment was close to Tram lines, but we found that most of the time we walked everywhere in Amsterdam from the apartment. We even walked to embark on our River Cruise to Vienna, as the pier was just on the other side of Central Station.

The June evenings in Amsterdam were wonderful and we enjoyed walking amongst the canals in the evenings around the apartment. SIngel 96 is also a short walk from the Jiordan area which is one of the prettiest and well kept canal areas and has a wealth of restaurants and bars.

Singel 96 has 2 bedrooms, which enabled our Dutch relatives to stay with us while we were visiting Europe from Australia.

The bathroom was huge and modern and the apartment also had full kitchen facilities, a washing machine and dryer , all of which were essential for our long stay in Europe.

Carolina was a wonderful host with lots of friendly advice and tourist information handy for Amsterdam.

Overall the apartment was very spacious. The only suggestion for improvement is that we needed more hanging space for the formal wear that we required for the cruise. Also, we are in our 50's and had no trouble with the stairs leading from the front door, but we think that some elderly people may find the stairs at the front door a little difficult.

All in all, Carolina was a great host and we had a wonderful time and would certainly stay at Singel 96 the next time we visit Amsterdam.

Chris & Heather Brando

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
New Zealand

Huddersfield
Reviewed 5 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing