Fleur d'Amsterdam
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Amsterdam
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa(Amsterdam)
Hotel Arena(Amsterdam)
Volkshotel(Amsterdam)
Hyatt Regency Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
Hotel Flipper(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2012

You will feel like one of the family after visiting to Fleur d’ Amsterdam.

This little bed and breakfast offers a comfortable, home-like ambiance and unmatched hospitality of five friendly and extremely accommodating family members. Fleur, Coen and their three kids will introduce you to cultural experiences not presented by tourist offices or hotel concierges. Over the course of five business trips I have experienced: an unforgettable “Fleur-guided” tour in the countryside on a Dutch bike (via map rather than actual bike), and art/antique auction, several non-touristy neighborhood markets, unique local foods, and a host of other memorable activities. After having returned with such great stories my wife questions if I was really away on business!

If it's absolute quiet and a sterile atmosphere you seek stay at a hotel, but if you are on vacation or business and want a feeling of home, true introduction to local culture, knowledgeable tour guide and lifelong friends, give Fleur d’ Amsterdam a try.

Room Tip: Only one room and you will like it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at Fleur d' Amsterdam this April. We spent a week at this typical Dutch families home. Fleur was our hostess and treated us like family. The home was clean, warm and welcoming. We rented the master bedroom with connected bath, the bath was newly remodeled and was perfect, clean, modern and for americans perfect (we americans love a good sized bathroom and comfortable shower.) Living with a Dutch family, sharing breakfast with them, was a wonderful treat. The experienced added so much to our visit to the Netherlands. I felt so connected to the city and the people because of Fleur and her family. By the way the breakfasts were outstanding, eggs from the backyard henhouse. Fresh baked goods, local cheeses, jams and breakfast meats, all in amazing quantities. Amsterdam is the city that everyone talks about. So much history, so much to see and do. Fleur was always ready with great ideas about what to do next. She even directed us to Antwerp for the day on the train. Do yourself a favor and visit Amsterdam, stay with a Dutch family in their home and really see Dutch life away from the tourist traps. Fleur d'Amsterdam would be a really good choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RioVista625
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I spend a lot of time in Amsterdam through work and staying at Fleur's makes it feel like a real home from home. I choose to stay here over a sterile, faceless hotel everytime now as you get a real sense of returning home after a long day at the office.

The neighbourhood (Watergraafsmeer) is really nice with lots of cafes and restaurants (Cafe 1900, Elsa's, Quatfass). In summer it's great to sit out in the street outside the house with a beer and watch the world go by. It makes a nice change to the city centre without being too far out.

Fleur, Coen and the kids are great hosts and they know the city very well indeed - better than any hotel concierge! Breakfasts are great with real coffee or leaf teas, freshly laid eggs (hens in the garden!), choice of cheeses (of course), cold meats, bacon, tomatoes and bread from the oven.

The B&B room is large and very homely with a large and modern wetroom style bathroom.

Bikes are available to hire (free) or you can catch a tram just a short walk away (Tram 9, Hogeweg).

Don't miss the Jazz nights at Elsa's (right outside tram stop on Hogeweg) - also good for food beforehand but you'll need the menu translated by the staff!

A great discovery.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ch9nem
Reviewed 26 October 2011

If you ever get a chance, make a trip to Amsterdam ...and if you can, stay with Fluer and Coen van Heek. It is truly an amazing city, and the van Heek's are amazing people! I had a beautiful time getting to know the city, and Fluer's hospitality was wonderful. l felt as though I had a true friend in the city, and when my time, sadly came to and end, I knew that I was saying good-bye to new International companions.

My room was nice and clean, breakfast was delicious, but it was so much more than the accommodation. I loved the village of Hogweg, and just came away with the feeling that I was leaving a place that I am sure I will return to as soon as I can.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We spent 2 nights with Fleur and had a wonderful time. The room is very clean, beautifully decorated and cozy, the breakfast delicious and it all comes with all of Fleurs great advice and knowledge of the area.
The bikes and museums passes are a real bonus. Being able to hop on a bike right "at home" and ride off makes you feel like a real Dutchman/ woman and the passes not only allow you to bypass the lines but also give you a chance to look for as long as you feel like it and come back later if the sun comes out and you want to grab a bite at a cafe right now.
The neighborhood is perfect, not in the middle of the bustle that is Amsterdam but past the Zoo in a residential area within minutes of downtown.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple