“Lovely dinner on our last night in Amsterdam”
Review of Restaurant Vlaming

Restaurant Vlaming
Ranked #28 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$24 - US$47
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: A family owned bistro where we serve nice dishes with a good quality - price relation in a friendly atmosphere. We serve here the "worldfamous" (anyway in Amsterdam) Sticky Toffee Pie and home-made Limoncello.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had such a great dinner here. The atmosphere is one of your cozy neighborhood spots. We were greeted so warmly by the owner. Nice menu, and everything we ordered was done well with good flavor and balance of meal. The salmon appetizer was delicious, home made gravlax. Suggested wines were paired well with the food.
I suggest going early. Our service was attentive, but I know other tables did not have such a good start. It seemed like several groups arrived at close to the same time, and with such a small staff, they got behind and overwhelmed.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if it was luck but we have had some great meals on our trip to Amsterdam. This place tops it! The food was excellent- my wife had the fish and I had the burger. The hostess was friendly and attentive. The restaurant had great ambience with a mix of locals and tourists. I would've given it a six if I could.

1  Thank The Brit II
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Chose to eat here as it was highly rated on Tripadvisor and in the same management as the Vlaming Brasserie, where we ate the previous evening. Another triumph! The restaurant is not as "romantic" as the brasserie, but the food is just as excellent. We both chose the Angus steaks and they melted on the tongue, aided by a delicious sauce, and shared the renowned toffee pudding as a dessert. Again the two girls out front were a delight, very affable and friendly, indeed one of them was the same that served us at the brasserie (the owner's daughter I understand). GO, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My two daughter and i walked through the rain for what seemed like forever and fell into this cosy place hungry and wet. Goid food and lovely atmosphere and the staff bere brilliant.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and it was just fantastic!
We had the mixed shared starter so got to try a little of everything which was all delicious. I nearly didn't have room for the main but it was too appetising to hold back :)
Lovely wine (each course has a recommended wine, we had the pinotage) and such friendly service. We would go back, hopefully soon!

1  Thank Tara F