“Great Place”

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great location within walking distance to many attractions. Clean and modern facilities. A bit small but not overly so. Very helpful staff who happily answered all our questions Free breakfast was a definite plus, came with toast, cereal, coffee, meats and hard boiled eggs. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jack T

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I visited this hostel twice, both I was glad to see how helpful the staff was.
My friends and I got a four bedroom, which was in very good condition, very clean, and easy to access(via the elevator), also had free wifi.
in comparison to what I've seen in other hostels throughout Amsterdam, this hostel had very high standards, and was in about the same price range of other lower quality hostels.

Two things were a let down in my eyes -
One the bathroom and toilet were in separate rooms, and you had to leave the room in order to get to them.
Also the hostel was 5-10 minutes walk from main attractions which isn't that much of a big deal.. but still was a bit frustrating getting back after a long day.

Room Tip: If I remember correctly, there were rooms with windows without a view to the city, Ask for a room w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The location of this hotel is OK, but there are several things which I think that the hostel needs to improve.

-First of all, I booked this hostel through hostelworld.com. I have booked this way many times while travelling, and in the past have simply paid a 10% deposit and then settled up upon arrival. What BTI failed to tell me was that they were going to try and take a 'pre-authorization' sum and hold onto it until I checked in on my first night. I didn't mind, but really wish this had been made clear to me before I booked, which it wasn't.

-The dorm was very dark, with only a small window. It got very hot at night, and we could only open one side of the window. The beds themselves were nice, but the temp of the room made it quite uncomfortable.

- On our final night we stayed in a private room with an ensuite. The ensuite had mouldy walls, and was very poorly designed; when we tried to take showers, the entire room flooded.

-Finally, there isn't really a common area in the hostel, which is a real pity.

The staff were friendly, and the breakfast was OK. I just think that for the cost per night, this hostel needs to be a lot better. I have stayed in other places in Amsterdam that give you a lot more for your money. I wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This hostel is perfect located. Just 1 min walk from tram stations, about 15 mins walk from Amsterdam Central station. Staffs are quite friendly and kind. It's not expensive at all. The bed is comfortable, they also have lockers in your room to keep your personal belongings safe. Breakfast is noting special. I enjoyed visit Amsterdam and stay here. :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed on 23rd June for 3 nights! Great location, staff very helpful and available 24 hrs, rooms and toilets/showers were very clean too and beds were surprisingly very comfortable.
couldn't find a fault and definitely would return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As two first time travellers on an interrail pass, this hostel was very accomodating to our needs. Location was good, surrounded by lots of coffee shops, bars, clubs and a 5 minute walk to the station. Staff are friendly and knew the area well, the only downside is possibly a lack of a communal area which we find is good to meet new people! Despite having 2 crazy welsh boys in our slightly small room, we still had fun and it met all our needs!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The location of this hostel is great, 5 min walk from train station and dam square. The hostel was clean, and the free breakfast was good. The rooms weren't very big but there are free lockers to use to store luggage etc.

The hostel was quite and there was plenty of hot water.

For the price you can't go wrong

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo