B & B Alexander
US$348
US$314
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Sir Albert Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$194
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$237
Agoda.com
US$556
US$447
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Janneke's B & B in Amsterdam. It was a wonderful experience. The house is in such a lovely neighbourhood; the room was very comfortable. We made use of the kitchenette which was handy for preparing snacks. Janneke prepared the most delicious breakfast every morning and she was able to accommodate my gluten free diet. I would recommend this B & B for its true Amsterdam hospitality!

Room Tip: The purple room on the first floor was like having a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I was looking for a place to stay that was not a large chain hotel. I immediately thought of a B&B. There are so many in Amsterdam, so I thought that I would start with an area that I knew was safe and nice. That helped a little, but I still got a lot of b&b's. I tried hard to research all of them, but time was running short. I found this one and I have Zero regrets. Staying here is like you are staying with family (without the drama, but you do have to pay before you go...don't worry, the cost is very reasonable!). Anyways, facilities are very clean, extremely close to good food, shops, etc. I really don't know what else to say, except, it's doubtful you will be disappointed. Please understand, this is a person's house that you are staying at, so don't expect an elevator or middle of the night room service. You also won't be earning any frequent flier miles either, but you will get friendly, personalized service from someone who cares about your stay.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rybr
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I feel very lucky for selecting this place on my vacation. I think it is one of the best B&B in the city. First of all, cleaning and privacy was very important for me. We stayed with my husband on the first floor which whole floor was belonging to us. We had nicely decorated wide bedroom, kitchenette (including tea, coffee...), wc and the bathroom. In addition, it is located in the museum quarter that most of museums are in walking distance. And if you take number 5 tram on the main road, it takes about 10 minutes to go to city center, dam square. Lastly, the owner of the house, Ms.Jannekke was very kind and helpful lady, and she prepared a rich and delicious breakfast to us. If one day, I go back to Amsterdam, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Selyy
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We had a pleasant stay at B&B Alexander easy reachable either from the airport or from the train station. Location is perfect, we walked all over town from there. The owner was very helpful, communication was fast and efficient during reservation. Our room was also great :spacious and clean. Would come back without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

A lovely old house in a good location near The Concertgebouw.
We stayed in a beautifully furnished large room, with a balcony, on the first floor.We had sole use of a small kitchen and a bathroom down the corridor.Touches like the welcome wine and chocolates were much appreciated.
Breakfast was served in Janneke's own charming lounge/dinning room and was excellent and very well presented.
Janneke was most welcoming and helpful and we felt like house guests.
Would definitely recommend this little gem and stay there again.

Room Tip: Front rooms are probably cooler and have the advantage of a small balcony.The road is quiet and noise not an issue,
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends