“Good”

Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Modern restaurant, friendly staff. If inside you can see the chef at work through a glass panel in the floor! Food was generally good, but unfortunately my chicken wasn't cooked through. We returned it and there was no question, but the replacement was burned to charcoal in places - no question about it being under-cooked, but I felt the chef might have been over-reacting to the situation a tad? My partner's food was excellent (burger followed by chocolate mousse), so I'm sure I was just unfortunate.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

After roaming the street for a while trying to find a place to eat that isn't a fast food place or a restaurant that charges insane tourist prices, we found this place.

For starter I had a plate of Spanish ham, which was presented nicely and tasted very good.
As a main course I had the rotisserie chicken, it was served with a apple an pear compote - which was beautiful. Can I please have the recipe for that? ;)
The chicken was moist and full of flavour, using your hands was encouraged as a finger-bowl was put on the table.

As desert I ordered the Churros with caramel sauce, the churros were lovely but the caramel sauce was not really a sauce but more like a pudding consistency.

My husband enjoyed his meal just as much - especially the steak!

Overall a great meal out, reasonable prices and lovely staff. Will be back soon...

Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant not too far from the central station. I had the duck and my partner had the burger. The food was very good, the kitchen was open until late and the service was fantastic.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had the EatMe burger and the Rumpsteak and both were phenomenal. The service was very good and accommodating (we had our packs with us and they did not mind). The menu is simple yet delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Went here with 3 friends and it was, unfortunately, not a visit we would repeat. It was a little busy, but little excuse for the little to no service we received. Staff don't speak Dutch and only a little English but that wasn't really a problem.

We were surprised by the bill, which was around 50 euros per person. Yes, we shared a plate of oysters and we had a dessert, but this seemed a bit extreme! The other starters we had, priced around 7-8 euros, were not too bad. The 4 pieces of carpaccio, wrapped around lettuce, were quite flavoursome but the 6 small pieces of green asparagus with molten cheese on top for 6 euros seemed a bit much.

Two of us ordered a burger for main. I quite enjoyed the burger, but there the number of fries that came with it could be counted on one hand - nothing else though!

Furthermore, 5 euros for a beer (prices not listed on the menu) and 6 for a bottle of water seemed a bit steep too, even for a cute little restaurant in Amsterdam.

Anyway, overall, we were relatively satisfied with the food but the lack of service (eventhough when they were there, they were very friendly) and very overpriced meals/drinks left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

1  Thank RJ R