“Good value for money/limited menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of De Pizzakamer

De Pizzakamer
Ranked #798 of 3,750 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
EU
“Good value for money/limited menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Nice restaurant, nice location. Good pizza's. Not expensive at all. The menu is limited, but the restaurant focusses on its strenghts. If you sit outside you are on the street, which isn't very busy however.

Visited July 2012

Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Soft and proper amount of Ingredients. Very good service and also the time taken for the cooking was not that long. Comparable rates and I personally liked it very much

Visited July 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

We kind of stumbled across this restaurant on a stroll on Saturday evening. We managed to get the last table for 2. It was packed with locals - we spoke with the owner (manager?) who mentioned most of his customers were local, within a 2 block radius. Very pretty location, mostly white interior - modern and chic. No English menu, which we took as a good sign. I'm sure we were the only tourists in the place, so we thought we were getting an authentic experience. Pizza are al forno - very thin crust as they are about 14" diameter so you can actually eat the entire pizza yourself! 63 euros for 2 pizzas and a bottle of chianti - maybe a touch pricey but well worth it. Highly recommended!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Loved it. Great Pizza.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Ate here last night. Have to strongly disagree with the other reviews. I also live around the corner and thought I would try this with friends (who had previously eaten there).
Saturday night the place was packed although it is quite compact inside so does not take more than 25 covers to fill it. However a table of four had finished and kindly moved to the bar to drink their coffee to let us sit down.
Décor is rustic and personally I really liked it.
Ordered the focaccia to just as an appetizer. Very nice.
Pizza – three of us ordered the Parmigiana at € 13,40 and I ordered the Salsiccia fresca e tartufo. I actually did not get that pizza or at least it I don’t think I did. However what I did get was very nice and the pizza crust was one of the best ever. They have a wood fired oven in the restaurant is it makes a real difference.
The other pizzas were delicious. Piled high with ruccola and freshly grated parmesan.
House red wine was €18 which was perfectly acceptable to go with the pizza. They don’t have an extensive (or expensive) wine list. The only other red was a chianti at €25.
For desert I had the chocolate cake and my fellow diners the tiramisu, both were very nice.
We then had various coffee’s and a grappa to finish and the cappuccinos were particularly nice.
Service (apart from getting the wrong pizza) was very good and attentive.
Bill for four came to €140 including tip and I left a happy diner. Will definitely be back. IMO another good addition to the already vibrant De Pijp area.

• Visited April 2012
Amsterdam
“Good but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This place seems to be very popular because it is full almost every night. After having a pizza there I can't quite understand why. It is not bad, it's good but it isn't anything special. I've had better pizza around the corner. Service was ok considering that it was a busy evening.

• Visited March 2012